ADVERTISEMENT

Mock NFL draft article!

No way the Eagles take Jaylen Waddle over DeVonta Smith! But then again, Roseman's draft record sucks...

Well Smith's big year was a product of Waddle's injury who was Bama #1 WR was on pace to have alot big stats as well.

Reactions: TheGLOV
But it's ok to draft a RB with the first pick of the second round, 8 picks after the Steelers pick at 24?
Perhaps, if you’ve already selected another player. See the difference? But I still wouldn’t.

Show me elite RBs on Super Bowl winners the last 20 years or so, then find me ones drafted in the first round.

Perhaps, if you’ve already selected another player. See the difference? But I still wouldn’t.

Show me elite RBs on Super Bowl winners the last 20 years or so, then find me ones drafted in the first round.
Most of those Superbowls were won by elite QB's, and I think we can agree that unless the Steelers move up 14 or so picks, there won't be one at 24. A running back at 24 will be fairly cheap, be plug and play immediately and you can just let him go after his rookie contract. I think you're going to see the Rooneys hire an OC that wants to get back to the run after the disaster of this season. Did Ben throw the ball 64 times his last outing?

But as you know, the Steelers will probably pick a CB, S or LB at that spot as they always do.

Reactions: BBrown
Just my opinion, but once the first trade is made, the draft projections go out the window.
Agreed. Teams trade up for players at premium positions. QB is the most common. So chances are there will be 2-3 QBs taken in the top six picks and that will bump other players down.

I 'd like to think these guys have staff's working on this for months and trades change the dynamics in seconds. Then you have a bunch of monkeys on crack and idiotic moves are made
Teams have draft boards for exactly this reason. If A is gone, then we’ll take B. If A and B are gone, then we’ll take C. I agree that trades get interesting and often make teams behave irrationally.

Scouting is so highly imperfect that it makes a very structured process look like a crapshoot. You just can’t get in a guy’s head and know how he’ll react to life in the nfl.

Teams like the Steelers do a very good job of it.

Most of those Superbowls were won by elite QB's, and I think we can agree that unless the Steelers move up 14 or so picks, there won't be one at 24. A running back at 24 will be fairly cheap, be plug and play immediately and you can just let him go after his rookie contract. I think you're going to see the Rooneys hire an OC that wants to get back to the run after the disaster of this season. Did Ben throw the ball 64 times his last outing?

But as you know, the Steelers will probably pick a CB, S or LB at that spot as they always do.

With Pouncey retiring, a center becomes a top priority!

Oweh should have stayed for another season if he ends up in the second round. First-round talent for sure.
Agreed and I think he'll go lower than this mock. He won't get the opportunity to test in person which is where he is making most of his money. Now they will need to draft him on, well, we heard he's a freak athlete but it doesn't show up much on film. This is possibly the worst year to come out early with no sacks and staking it on measureables which won't be confirmed in person.

He'll still make money but I think it could have been significantly more in the next draft with continued improvement.

Different situation from a guy like Wade or Menet who has put a lot on film and may have come close to maxing out their potential at this level.

I've said before, the Steelers needs are:

Rush LB
OL
RB
OL
DL
OL
OL

Now, switch those first couple of picks around a bit based on BPA and you've had a nice draft.

IMHO, if the Eagles are done with Wentz and the Jets are done with Darnold, I would go after one of them. I have a feeling Ben will restructure his contract to make this feasible. Then you'll see the Steelers draft either a RB or C with their 1st round pick.

IF the Steelers draft Etienne over Harris I will lose my shit. They will have passed on the last 5 backs out of Alabama who would have been massive upgrades to any RB they have had the past 5 years.

IF Lance drops to #21 I could also see the Steelers packaging their pick at #24 and a later round pick and trading up to take Lance with Indy's #21 pick...

Agreed and I think he'll go lower than this mock. He won't get the opportunity to test in person which is where he is making most of his money. Now they will need to draft him on, well, we heard he's a freak athlete but it doesn't show up much on film. This is possibly the worst year to come out early with no sacks and staking it on measureables which won't be confirmed in person.

He'll still make money but I think it could have been significantly more in the next draft with continued improvement.

Different situation from a guy like Wade or Menet who has put a lot on film and may have come close to maxing out their potential at this level.
I saw where Wade has a son, so I can understand wanting to go pro now. I don't think another year would make a big difference in his draft position. I think he'll either be a third-day pick or UFA.

I saw where Wade has a son, so I can understand wanting to go pro now. I don't think another year would make a big difference in his draft position. I think he'll either be a third-day pick or UFA.
pretty sure you mean 3rd day or UFA

I 'd like to think these guys have staff's working on this for months and trades change the dynamics in seconds. Then you have a bunch of monkeys on crack and idiotic moves are made

I just think of all the time, money, thought and energy that people put into these pre draft mock drafts and in one second, it's time wasted. I would much rather wait until official notification that the pick is in.

ADVERTISEMENT