ADVERTISEMENT

Mock Drafts have Parsons and Surtain available at 12

Nitwit

Jul 18, 2001
Pennsylvania
So if you’re the Eagles holding the 12th pick, which one would you take, and who do you think the Eagles will take, knowing they haven’t shown a strong talent for drafting in the first round. Both would be regarded as very solid picks in positions of need for the Birds. Remember they currently hold 11 picks so they could use later rounds to filll gaps left by their first round decision. Personally I would favor taking Parsons but my gut tells me they will draft the corner. I’d be OK if they went in either direction but just think it’s easier to pick up a cornerback (or receiver) in round 2, while Parsons would be a tougher pick to replace. Your thoughts?

Reactions: NedFromYork
I'm no expert, but I'm not sure i could have said it better myself. I think both players are win-win and will do very well. Of course, I adore Micah, but I know who Patrick's pappa is-not that pedigree matters THAT much in all cases. If Micah turns out to be the stud we all dreamed of, I would say Micah, but other than that I would take both players in a heart beat. Oh, I support The Cowboys by the way. We can still be grown men about this.

Eagles just signed a linebacker so I would guess Howie won't be picking Micah, but it IS Howie, so you never know. He might find a diamond in the (t)rough with the number 12 pick. He is, after all, the smartest guy person in the room.

Last edited:
Reactions: sluggo72
I wonder if it will soften the blow when Howie screws up the 12th pick instead of the 6th - he could pick Mel Kipers best available and do I better job than what he has done by trying to show us all how smart he is which ends up in epic fails even try year.

Reactions: sluggo72
Just saw that the Eagles signed Eric Wilson to a one year $8 million deal. He’s a solid middle linebacker so I guess they would take Surtain at CB if he is still available or else one of the stud WRs if one drops to them. I still like the thought of Parsons wearing midnight green though.

I doubt Surtain or Parsons are there. Can see teams moving up for one or both.

Also if I was an Eagles fan I would be horrified by the fact that Roseman is still the GM with all those picks. Maybe one of lottery tickets will make a Pro Bowl.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
The Eagles have a history of not valuing the LB position very highly in the draft. Given the choice, if both are available I think they would take Surtain.

I doubt Surtain or Parsons are there. Can see teams moving up for one or both.

Also if I was an Eagles fan I would be horrified by the fact that Roseman is still the GM with all those picks. Maybe one of lottery tickets will make a Pro Bowl.
If you do the math, then there should be some top players there at #12. There will be 4 QBs taken in the top 10 picks. There are 3 top WRs, an elite TE, 2 OTs, a CB, and a LB.

The consensus is that there are 12 high grade guys in this draft. Now, luck plays a part too. Will the guy they take at 12 stay healthy? Be a cultural fit? Etc?

But I see the logic in trading to 12 with a roster full of holes. Having three potential first rounders next year would also cushion the blow.

I'd be surprised if Surtain isn't drafted by Dallas at 10, assuming he makes it that far.

Can someone explain to me why I think every team that passes on Parson is absolutely nuts? And believe me, these are not Penn State colored glasses looking in.

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/20...draftdiamonds.com/2021/04/micah-parsons-4/Can someone explain to me why I think every team that passes on Parson is absolutely nuts? And believe me, these are not Penn State colored glasses looking in.
I read an evaluation by a former scout that was highly critical of Parsons. In summation he said that Parsons "disappears" for extended periods of time and has a tendency to avoid taking on blockers at the POA. He also is subject to taking less than ideal pursuit angles. The critic was very respectful of Parson's natural abilities and potential. As I recall, he also thru in the incident with Humphrey's and the HS transfer.
The critic said that he would pass on Micah if he were in a position to make the call.
Let me stress that this is not my thoughts, but I merely post as a response to indicate that not everyone sees a can't miss super star. I sincerely hope this individual is wrong and simply another out of work NFL has been looking to make $$$ with

controversial articles. Okay, I just found the article so I'll paste it here. I guess when it comes to the draft, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This guy certainly seems to be in thttps://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/micah-parsons-4/he minority.

So if you’re the Eagles holding the 12th pick, which one would you take, and who do you think the Eagles will take, knowing they haven’t shown a strong talent for drafting in the first round. Both would be regarded as very solid picks in positions of need for the Birds. Remember they currently hold 11 picks so they could use later rounds to filll gaps left by their first round decision. Personally I would favor taking Parsons but my gut tells me they will draft the corner. I’d be OK if they went in either direction but just think it’s easier to pick up a cornerback (or receiver) in round 2, while Parsons would be a tougher pick to replace. Your thoughts?

I don’t think Surtain is going to be there at 12, but if he is, you run to the podium if you’re the Birds.

I read an evaluation by a former scout that was highly critical of Parsons. In summation he said that Parsons "disappears" for extended periods of time and has a tendency to avoid taking on blockers at the POA. He also is subject to taking less than ideal pursuit angles. The critic was very respectful of Parson's natural abilities and potential. As I recall, he also thru in the incident with Humphrey's and the HS transfer.
The critic said that he would pass on Micah if he were in a position to make the call.
Let me stress that this is not my thoughts, but I merely post as a response to indicate that not everyone sees a can't miss super star. I sincerely hope this individual is wrong and simply another out of work NFL has been looking to make $$$ with

controversial articles. Okay, I just found the article so I'll paste it here. I guess when it comes to the draft, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This guy certainly seems to be in thttps://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/micah-parsons-4/he minority.
“Parsons has great range and he can run in pass coverage. Elite pass coverage ability. He looks like a safety in coverage and he can easily match tight ends and running backs on routes and stay tight. Really excels in coverage. Has the kind of athleticism where he can defend passes. Can make a play on the ball. Play-maker in coverage.”

That’s from the same scouting report. I’d say that blurb alone makes Parsons a potential big difference maker and high pick. Few LBs can offer elite pass coverage skills anymore. Having one of them completely frees up your scheme choices as a defense in this pass-happy era.

That is the stuff I am talking about that baffles me. Both Parsons and Oweh are physical freaks and yet one climbs the rankings while one seems to drop. At some point doesn't production matter? Call me a homer but the better and more solid team Parsons goes to the higher his ceiling will be. Gosh, please let him drop to Pittsburgh....please, please, please.....

Finally though Bucky Brooks on The Herd Mock Draft today took him with the 7th pick to Detroit. Then Joy cut him off immediately and moved to the 8th pick.

That is the stuff I am talking about that baffles me. Both Parsons and Oweh are physical freaks and yet one climbs the rankings while one seems to drop. At some point doesn't production matter? Call me a homer but the better and more solid team Parsons goes to the higher his ceiling will be. Gosh, please let him drop to Pittsburgh....please, please, please.....

Finally though Bucky Brooks on The Herd Mock Draft today took him with the 7th pick to Detroit. Then Joy cut him off immediately and moved to the 8th pick.
As an Eagles fan, I’m coming around. Nigel Bradham was a difference maker in their Super Bowl defense. They’ve lacked any kind of athleticism at LB since.

Reactions: Nitwit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT