ADVERTISEMENT

MLAX now #1.....

Sorry, couldn't resist when I saw the MLAX headline....

00551438-f105-4092-8666-c1a386df0cad_1.d50bdb98514ded7544cc71f87ee29b0a.jpeg

They lost to Yale by 1 while losing 90% of the face-offs. That is unreal. Yale had the FOGO from Albany last year.
The amount of goals being scored by PSU is really incredible. Our Attackman Ament has already broken the assist record and its only March.

My nephew is a sophomore in HS and just transferred to a private school in MD to play LAX. I figured the team would be good, but Calvert Hall was just ranked number 1 in the US. He’s only playing JV this year, but still must not have any of my athletic genes slowing him down.

My nephew is a sophomore in HS and just transferred to a private school in MD to play LAX. I figured the team would be good, but Calvert Hall was just ranked number 1 in the US. He’s only playing JV this year, but still must not have any of my athletic genes slowing him down.
my nephew was getting Div 1-A attention from teams like MD, Duke and Johns Hopkins as a sophomore. He broke his collar bone in football his jr year then blew his left MCL our the spring of his Jr year. This summer, he blew out his right MCL skiing and had surgery two weeks ago. he was just offered a near full ride to a small boutique school here in Ohio and took it. His Dr told him the MCL surgeries are like Tommy John in baseball; his knees will be stronger than before the injury. Good kid, strait A student with awesome college entrance exam grades. But "he coulda been a contenda! He coulda been somebody!"

my nephew was getting Div 1-A attention from teams like MD, Duke and Johns Hopkins as a sophomore. He broke his collar bone in football his jr year then blew his left MCL our the spring of his Jr year. This summer, he blew out his right MCL skiing and had surgery two weeks ago. he was just offered a near full ride to a small boutique school here in Ohio and took it. His Dr told him the MCL surgeries are like Tommy John in baseball; his knees will be stronger than before the injury. Good kid, strait A student with awesome college entrance exam grades. But "he coulda been a contenda! He coulda been somebody!"
My nephew is a good kid, and has a tireless work ethic. He had a culture shock academically but adjusted. He had his jaw broken during a fall practice, but is back to full contact. He plays travel LAX with the son of the JHU coach, and that would be his dream. I think any scholarship/invited walk on opportunity for him would be great.

Reactions: Obliviax
My nephew is a good kid, and has a tireless work ethic. He had a culture shock academically but adjusted. He had his jaw broken during a fall practice, but is back to full contact. He plays travel LAX with the son of the JHU coach, and that would be his dream. I think any scholarship/invited walk on opportunity for him would be great.
yeah..honestly, not sure Div 1-A is good for kids unless that is their undying dream and/or they have an opportunity to go pro or coach. The commitment level is just way too high. I was talking to a mother of a highly recruited girls basketball player this weekend. She told me that they are "all in" meaning they have really sacrificed a ton of her daughter's high school experience and also a lot of her college experience in woman's BBall. But she couldn't afford college without the 'ship. I guess everyone's path is different.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
And? They did lose to Yale, on the road by 1 point, and the Bulldogs are apparently ranked #4. Yale is the defending national champ. Doesn't seem like a bad loss or anything.
Should’ve found a way to win. That’s what no 1 does.

Reactions: TheGLOV
The amount of goals being scored by PSU is really incredible. Our Attackman Ament has already broken the assist record and its only March.
That's not really a great fact. All it tells me is that (i) we scheduled a bunch of candyass games early on and ran up the score and (ii) we have a one-dimensional offense. Thankfully, all the other teams do the same thing.

That's not really a great fact. All it tells me is that (i) we scheduled a bunch of candyass games early on and ran up the score and (ii) we have a one-dimensional offense. Thankfully, all the other teams do the same thing.

Thanks, chief. You are so impressive.

So 4 of the 6 teams they played were in the top 25 and that is candy ass games to you? In my view the record that Grant Ament broke is quite impressive. He is the best PSU has had at that position and played on the U.S. National team at different ages.

Last edited:
So 4 of the 6 teams they played were in the top 25 and that is candy ass games to you? In my view the record that Grant Ament broke is quite impressive. He is the best PSU has had at that position and played on the U.S. National team at different ages.
I never said he wasn't good, but that fact is that the majority of his assists are against unranked teams. Let's hope the same trajectory applies for him and for the team when we get into the BIG season.

Thanks, chief. You are so impressive.
You sound like one of those bozos who gets all excited when the FB team goes 4-0 and is ranked no. 3 in October. In fact, I think you are one of those bozos.

You sound like one of those bozos who gets all excited when the FB team goes 4-0 and is ranked no. 3 in October. In fact, I think you are one of those bozos.

Do I? You sound like an out of shape, middle-aged guy, sitting in his recliner, typing on a message board telling 18-21 year old Div 1 athletes on the No. 1 ranked men's lacrosse team what they should have done against Yale.

I never said he wasn't good, but that fact is that the majority of his assists are against unranked teams. Let's hope the same trajectory applies for him and for the team when we get into the BIG season.

Actually 60% of his assists have come against top 25 ranked teams. 2 of his larger assist games came against Yale and Cornell both ranked in the Top 5, where he had 9 assists in each game. His season high being 10 assists against Villanova and Jacksonville.

Reactions: Woodpecker
Actually 60% of his assists have come against top 25 ranked teams. 2 of his larger assist games came against Yale and Cornell both ranked in the Top 5, where he had 9 assists in each game. His season high being 10 assists against Villanova and Jacksonville.
There are only 20 teams in the polls (about 70 total teams). Yes, he did do well against Yale and Cornell. Not impressed with Nova and J'Ville.

Does your mom know you don't know sh*t about sports?
The only person on here not talking about sports is you. You some kind of laxbro? Because that would explain everything.

I hope at the end of the season you're right, and PSU is the greatest team ever and they win the tournament and Ament has 100+ assists. But I've learned to be skeptical of early-season results against uneven competition. You can get as excited as you want now, though.

The only person on here not talking about sports is you. You some kind of laxbro? Because that would explain everything.

I hope at the end of the season you're right, and PSU is the greatest team ever and they win the tournament and Ament has 100+ assists. But I've learned to be skeptical of early-season results against uneven competition. You can get as excited as you want now, though.

Good, just go back to lying on your recliner eating Doritos.

? ... Villanova is a top 25 team that beat PSU last year and made the NCAA tournament. They are a very formidable team.

We are #1 in the coaches poll. Clearly this guy knows more than the coaches who are voting.

ADVERTISEMENT