Mixed races in commercials vs % population

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018
It still equals a quota system for 1 group. Maybe there are only 6% qualified for coaching. There are different skill sets for playing and for coaching. Too much complaining and crying about being picked on. Not all good students are meant to be teachers.
Who said anything about quotas? And while you are right that coaching and playing are not the same, the latter is at least something of a proxy for qualifications of the former that is better than mere general population. I’m just saying you would in fact expect more.

now, the key question is if you’d expect more, why don’t you get more? That can be intentional, a result of a neutral exclusionary policy, or pure coincidence.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
There’s actually a pretty good statistical argument there should be more. The general population is irrelevant. It’s the qualified applicant pool that should count. If 70% of players are aa, one would expect they’d be relatively highly represented in the population of people qualified to coach.
Hummm.... I don't know about that. Being a high level coach is a specific skill that probably requires a certain base level of intelligence found in few nfl players.
High level athletic ability , maybe 0.1% of the population or less ( my wild ass guess ) combined with my estimate of maybe top 10% intelligence is going to narrow that down to a much smaller group .

republion

Mar 24, 2009
Why is the person breaking into a house in the “home security system” commercial always white?
Based on this thread, if the ad companies want to be inclusive, why no black people or other minorities trying to break into your CPI secured house?

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016
There’s actually a pretty good statistical argument there should be more. The general population is irrelevant. It’s the qualified applicant pool that should count. If 70% of players are aa, one would expect they’d be relatively highly represented in the population of people qualified to coach.
Why would expect that? Should most of those who know how to do landscaping be automatically qualified to run a landscaping company? Should most of those who work in the kitchen at a restaurant be qualified to run a restaurant? Should most of those working at a Fortune 500 company automatically be qualified to run the company? Does the fact you were once a 5th grader make you qualified to be a 5th grade teacher?

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Why would expect that? Should most of those who know how to do landscaping be automatically qualified to run a landscaping company? Should most of those who work in the kitchen at a restaurant be qualified to run a restaurant? Should most of those working at a Fortune 500 company automatically be qualified to run the company? Does the fact you were once a 5th grader make you qualified to be a 5th grade teacher?
Your last example is correct , 😂😂😂😎. Otherwise, great points.

MaconNitt

Oct 18, 2016
clearly, we KNOW you're the RACIST, thanks for proving it!

It's called sarcasm. Here are some examples of posts in just this thread. Not to mention the "very fine" people who "liked" them.

Now go back to your jelly beans.

I agree I mean apparently race is a qualification for scotus appointments
And trans, and gay and so on.

Or how about the fact that 75% of battlefield deaths from our military are white males? I say middle class white males fight in battles until enough die(hit the proportional quota) and then we call in women, gays, and minorities. Let's be proportional all the way around. Frankly, its unfair that 55% of all crime is committed by blacks(13% of the population).

Imagine what would happen if white males were 13% of the population but committed 55% of all crime.

Imagine what would happen if there was a White Lives Matter movement across the country.

As long as it's a mixed race or black autistic kid, it's no big deal

yup, always trying to normalize the extreme non normal. Theres a reason its called the normal curve.

Yeah? Who's over the top racist? Just more nonsense from you. And then you double down on the same nonsense. Jesus. You guys need new plays in your playbook.

He's a basic bytch.

clearly, we KNOW you're the RACIST, thanks for proving it!

Last edited:

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
It's called sarcasm. Here are some examples of posts in just this thread. Not to mention the "very fine" people who "liked" them.

None of the excerpts that you selected by me was intended to be sarcasm.

In one post I wrote something sensible -- a reasonable way of measuring "inclusion," an alternative to the obvious pandering of today's Democrats.

The other was an attempt to get lefties to look in the mirror and see the absurdity of their policies by switching their frame of reference to those they wish to vilify.

If you have trouble recognizing this then we have uncovered the problem.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019

What I posted is a factual statement. Race was used as a qualification. It was open admitted so that's that. I assume that your "very fine people" comment was a reference to your belief that Trump said white supremacists were very fine people
Problem is that would not be a true statement. Why? Because that is not what he said. This is exactly my point. A Democrat admits to use racist criteria to select a justice. But democrats have to manufacture a false narrative to call a republican racist.

MaconNitt

Oct 18, 2016
None of the excerpts that you selected by me was intended to be sarcasm.

In one post I wrote something sensible -- a reasonable way of measuring "inclusion," an alternative to the obvious pandering of today's Democrats.

The other was an attempt to get lefties to look in the mirror and see the absurdity of their policies by switching their frame of reference to those they wish to vilify.

If you have trouble recognizing this then we have uncovered the problem.
My post about hoods was the sarcasm.

Point taken on the first post. It has been edited.

As far as the second post. One man's sarcasm is another man's absurdity.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

The only one that might be questionable is "And trans, and gay and so on" , and that was meant to indicate that the gay theme is overused as well. Heck I just saw a guy proposing to another guy on some commercial.

Do you see the new Adidas commercial? It was all about dudes in dresses competing against women.

MaconNitt

Oct 18, 2016
What I posted is a factual statement. Race was used as a qualification. It was open admitted so that's that. I assume that your "very fine people" comment was a reference to your belief that Trump said white supremacists were very fine people
Problem is that would not be a true statement. Why? Because that is not what he said. This is exactly my point. A Democrat admits to use racist criteria to select a justice. But democrats have to manufacture a false narrative to call a republican racist.
The OP was about mixed races. As far as I know neither Black Justice is mixed race, so why bring it up?

Race and gender were not the only qualifications or Biden could have picked Whoopi Goldberg or Oprah. She also had to have the education and experience, which few denied. You may have a problem with some of her sentencing. Too bad. Remember elections have consequences. Trump got to pick three that were aligned with his philosophy. Why is Biden not allowed to do the same?

You can spin the very fine people any way you want. We will have to agree to disagree. It was stupid to say and he tried to back track just like Biden did with Ukraine rhetoric.

What Trump should have known about Unite the Right​

The Unite the Right rally, which was scheduled to take place on August 12, 2017, was the most visible display of white nationalist and white supremacist hate en masse in the United States in years. And it was branded as such long before it took place.

The Unite the Right rally was the third such event in Charlottesville in 2017 — and each of these rallies was led and supported by self-proclaimed white nationalists and racists, apparently invigorated by an April 2017 decision by the Charlottesville City Council to remove a statue of Robert E. Lee from Lee Park.

At the time, Confederate statues and monuments across the country were under increased scrutiny, especially following the murder of nine black churchgoers in Charleston, South Carolina, by an avowed racist who enjoyed Confederate symbology.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
The OP was about mixed races. As far as I know neither Black Justice is mixed race, so why bring it up?

Race and gender were not the only qualifications or Biden could have picked Whoopi Goldberg or Oprah. She also had to have the education and experience, which few denied. You may have a problem with some of her sentencing. Too bad. Remember elections have consequences. Trump got to pick three that were aligned with his philosophy. Why is Biden not allowed to do the same?

You can spin the very fine people any way you want. We will have to agree to disagree. It was stupid to say and he tried to back track just like Biden did with Ukraine rhetoric.

The Unite the Right rally, which was scheduled to take place on August 12, 2017, was the most visible display of white nationalist and white supremacist hate en masse in the United States in years. And it was branded as such long before it took place.

The Unite the Right rally was the third such event in Charlottesville in 2017 — and each of these rallies was led and supported by self-proclaimed white nationalists and racists, apparently invigorated by an April 2017 decision by the Charlottesville City Council to remove a statue of Robert E. Lee from Lee Park.

At the time, Confederate statues and monuments across the country were under increased scrutiny, especially following the murder of nine black churchgoers in Charleston, South Carolina, by an avowed racist who enjoyed Confederate symbology.

LOL... Do you really find Vox objective?

Reactions: bison13

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018
More so than some guy off the street or some guy who does it on “landscaping madden”.

oh, jimmy the Greek says hi.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019

Her skin color was used as A QUALIFICATION....never said only...thing is if skin color is used at all to determine the nomination it is racist on its face by definition. As far as Trump and "Very fine people" read the entire dialogue....and you'll see why you are incorrect.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019

Direct quote from Donald Trump at the rally in Charlottesville.

"I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.”

You really should fact check before you post.

Latest posts