ADVERTISEMENT

Missed opportunity for PSU, combine new stadium and Sandusky 'victim' compensation

KC-KS-Lion

Oct 10, 2005
As it's only a matter of time before schools sell their stadium naming rights, and Penn State could have funded much of the cost of a new stadium with the cumulative cost of the Sandusky situation (including the effective doubling of the football program and associated VP Athletic Directors....is there one that does daily checks for cracks in Beaver Stadium concrete?), why not offer naming rights to the stadium as a settlement option for Sandusky 'victims'?.

While not categorizing ALL of Sandusky's victims or trivializing the tragedy of child abuse (I have a special needs daughter for which abuse is a major and regular concern),
I could see driving past the stadium in an option-heavy truck with a six-pack on the front seat
and seeing your name in lights for 100+K crowd and national tv viewersbeing the highlight of some of their lives...maybe better than p*ssing away millions with their homies.

This is no less ridiculous than the path we've taken over the last 4 years. I have become so numb and punch drunk to the ridiculous and the scarcity of the common sense and logical ...the Heim and stadium talk (why should THIS program not have sufficient funds to build whatever they want) and the weekly hiring of another unnecessary overhead AD executive while having the worst football offensive staff in the Big Ten) has made me want to create my own ridiculous suggestion.

I don't think it should stop there - at stadiums. We could sell naming rights for all of campus;

Old Main Law brought to you by Scott's Fertilizer
The Penn State Office of Physical Plant brought to you by O.W. Houts

The list is endless.

I don't think it should stop there - at stadiums. We could sell naming rights for all of campus;

Old Main Law brought to you by Scott's Fertilizer
The Penn State Office of Physical Plant brought to you by O.W. Houts

The list is endless.

I think this is coming, all kidding aside. Most municipalities in PA are nearly broke. Pretty soon it's going to be "Diamond" Walnut Street and First "Federal" Avenue. I'm surprised it's not commonplace at this stage.

I was always partial to the Brickhouse Tavern...'JB and the ability to p*ss at the bar brought to you by ....'.

ADVERTISEMENT