ADVERTISEMENT

Miss St loses to KSU...Tommy with 2 interceptions

Tommy is hurt. That is a shame. He has been injury prone since when? Day one? I love the kid but it just seems like he cannot stay on the field.

It wouldn’t surprise me if CJF arrived at the same conclusion at some point with Tommy. I also wouldn’t be surprised if that time frame was in the spring of 2019. I truly hope he can get back on the field!

No detriment to playing a QB with a right shoulder injury. Quarterbacks just need to man up and take their shots. Some might just need a little more weight training. The system is good.

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
We are playing the correct quarterback.
Maybe. Not necessarily because Clifford is better, but he can finish the game and he didn't have turnovers. K-State is probably a lot better than Pitt right now overall. Around 25 spots better.

TS 7-15, 100 yards 1 TD, 2 INT, 1 Fumble (1 lost)
SC 14-30 222 yards 0 TD, 0 INT

Tommy left the game after half-time, per Moorhead he stiffened up and couldn't make the throws he could in the first half.

Watched this game during the psu-pitt delay. K-State runs an old school, I-formation, play action offense and the offense actually huddles. Pretty cool to see some old school ball and it actually works for them

Maybe. Not necessarily because Clifford is better, but he can finish the game and he didn't have turnovers. K-State is probably a lot better than Pitt right now overall. Around 25 spots better.

Tommy left the game after half-time, per Moorhead he stiffened up and couldn't make the throws he could in the first half.

I’ll take Clifford.

Reactions: Judge Smails

Tommy also ran for another TD today. Time will tell if the decision was correct or not, but Clifford was not good today.

Reactions: LionDeNittany
He also had zero turnovers. Tommy threw 2 picks. Did you really need me to explain that to you? :rolleyes:
They were within 3 when he left the game, so it's more than a bit of a stretch to say his turnovers made the ultimate difference.

How many games will PSU lose with an offense like today's? Unfortunately there are lots of teams far superior to Pitt left on the schedule (like all but Rutgers).

They were within 3 when he left the game, so it's more than a bit of a stretch to say his turnovers made the ultimate difference.

How many games will PSU lose with an offense like today's? Unfortunately there are lots of teams far superior to Pitt left on the schedule (like all but Rutgers).

So interceptions don’t count if your team is only losing by 3? Wha? :rolleyes:

I am concerned how Clifford do in his first road start next Friday night. Hopefully he can channel the early anxiety well.

One good thing is there should be a decent PSU fan presence there. Not a bad spot for a first career road start.

Reactions: dcf4psu

How many games will PSU win with a defense like today’s?

It’s a young offense that we all knew going into the season would take a few weeks to really start to gel. But we also knew that this defense was good enough to keep us in every single game, and had the chance to be dominant. They’ve proven that so far, too.

This looks a little like the 2011 team in the early going, but the offensive ceiling on this team is so much higher because of the talent.

Not sure why people keep bringing up the defense. The defense is not the problem. They had some issues with getting pressure but I think that will change.

Watched this game during the psu-pitt delay. K-State runs an old school, I-formation, play action offense and the offense actually huddles. Pretty cool to see some old school ball and it actually works for them
Well the coach at K-State does have a few National Championships under his belt so he must know something.

ADVERTISEMENT