ADVERTISEMENT

MinnHawkeye

His obit
Death always puts sports in perspective to me with the more important things in life. I remember MinnHawkeye posting about his health battles this past couple of years. We can all agree that we hate to see our wrestlers lose a match but when MinnHawkeye lost the battle of life, we all lost. RIP

"Just want all you Penn State fans to know when Joe Pa. had to retire it hurt me personally very much..He was one of the greatest football coaches of all time. He made Penn State football what it was just like now coach Cael is making all of you proud of wrestling. If I'm not around next year wish all of you the best and just know we all love this greatest sport of all time."

-Jack's 2nd to last post on this board ever. Made an effort to wish internet strangers the very best.

"Just want all you Penn State fans to know when Joe Pa. had to retire it hurt me personally very much..He was one of the greatest football coaches of all time. He made Penn State football what it was just like now coach Cael is making all of you proud of wrestling. If I'm not around next year wish all of you the best and just know we all love this greatest sport of all time."

-Jack's 2nd to last post on this board ever. Made an effort to wish internet strangers the very best.

This post should be bumped on a regular basis.

Reactions: SRATH
If I'm not around next year wish all of you the best ....from Jacks 2nd to last post

You really dont know when your time is up. We only know it will be at some point. For the most part I think people keep personal struggles off the board and it is generally jovial around here.

But I will share this 1 story as it hit me real hard recently.

My parents neighbor in PA recently passed from a sudden heart attack. He was 70 but in good health. Avid hunter and fisherman. Union electrician who loved his work and the people he worked for. Big in his church and a guy you could count on to help in any situation. They had a son that i was friends with and grew up with, but probably havent seen in 15 years. He got into trouble many times with drugs and it would tear his mom and dad up.

well a few weeks ago something happened and the son had to come home. When moving home in your 30s its got to be hard among other issues that forced you there. well a saturday morning started and ended in a fight. my friend left after exchanging many unkind things to and receiving from his father.

The father later that morning had a heart attack and passed away at their home. Some might say of a literal broken heart.

Im sure others have stories like this but in light of covid and the crazy world we live in, we just dont know what tomorrow or even a few hours from now will bring.

Enjoy those around you even when they make you mad or less than happy. You never know when or if you'll see them again. Try to visit and talk more with the ones you love and end every encounter with friends and family with a kind embrace.

I probably needed this post more than the board does, so thanks for indulging me.

#RIPJackOneOftheGoodOnesEveninPassing

If I'm not around next year wish all of you the best ....from Jacks 2nd to last post

You really dont know when your time is up. We only know it will be at some point. For the most part I think people keep personal struggles off the board and it is generally jovial around here.

My parents neighbor in PA recently passed from a sudden heart attack. He was 70 but in good health. Avid hunter and fisherman. Union electrician who loved his work and the people he worked for. Big in his church and a guy you could count on to help in any situation. They had a son that i was friends with and grew up with, but probably havent seen in 15 years. He got into trouble many times with drugs and it would tear his mom and dad up.

well a few weeks ago something happened and the son had to come home. When moving home in your 30s its got to be hard among other issues that forced you there. well a saturday morning started and ended in a fight. my friend left after exchanging many unkind things to and receiving from his father.

The father later that morning had a heart attack and passed away at their home. Some might say of a literal broken heart.

Im sure others have stories like this but in light of covid and the crazy world we live in, we just dont know what tomorrow or even a few hours from now will bring.

Enjoy those around you even when they make you mad or less than happy. You never know when or if you'll see them again. Try to visit and talk more with the ones you love and end every encounter with friends and family with a kind embrace.

I probably needed this post more than the board does, so thanks for indulging me.

Thanks for this. We suddenly lost my father inlaw last week--he was also early 70s--and it really brings home what really matters in life.

Maintaining your integrity on an opposing team's message board is quite a feat, much less becoming liked there. Jack was clearly a good guy, and exuded much needed perspective; for that he'll be missed here. Best to his family and friends, who'll surely miss him far more.

Jack's words were so true. Haven't posted much as i had a relative 69 yrs old die in his sleep last Wednesday to Thursday morning. His wife tried to wake him to take her to work. No prior issues.

If you can't tell people you love them show them with actions.

Jack's post was beautiful. Wisdom comes with age if you let it.

What a beautiful read. Thank you for sharing that. Hope I'm not stepping on a man's wishes because he didnt seem to care about being recognized for good deeds but Jack as well as other Hawk fans reached out to me two years ago through email to console and let me know they care when my son passed away. I wanted to leave a message on his obit and only then realized he passed on Feb 26th... the same day as my son. About broke down in tears. Loss can change a persons thoughts and actions. I've always just played around on HR and treated those over there the same way my buddies and I treat each other over sports when we pull for rival teams. Ya know ..taunt and teast when its your team that has the upper hand over theirs. I stopped doing that because I realized no everyone approaches sport the same way that my buddies and I do. Hawk fans were mostly unbelievable the way they supported me in troubled times. One in particular that still contacts me on days when it seems I really needed him to. As for the comments here, you people are great group of people and makes me proud to be part of all this and the PSU fanbase. Never ever change....

Last edited:
We are giving to Wrestling For Life in his name if you guys want to jump in. Btw, I posted links on his FB page to this thread and the one on HR for his fam to read. Otherwise, good luck this weekend and a few weeks from now. Going to be a close one.

Wow. Condolences to his loved ones.

ADVERTISEMENT