ADVERTISEMENT

MinnHawkeye

Pretty sure folks on here met him at nationals or b14s. He was a true blue Iowa fan but also a fan of the sport

He will be missed

RIP

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Pretty sure folks on here met him at nationals or b14s. He was a true blue Iowa fan but also a fan of the sport

He will be missed

RIP
I know of at least one. Reached out to him as we haven't seen him post in a while.

Sadly, I did not have a chance to meet him. Wish I had, one of the good guys. May his family have comfort in this difficult time.

Last edited:
Rest easy, Jack. I’m sorry you didn’t have an opportunity to watch your beloved Hawkeyes compete for the big prize these last two seasons.

Man, that is really tough news. We certainly have our differences of opinion and are passionate about our respective teams, but the wrestling community is tighter than any other I have experienced. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Sorry to hear that. Didn't know the man, but he seemed like a very decent fellow, based solely on his posts on this board.

I’m sure WildTurk meant well, but maybe this type of thread should not become a chitchat thread.
My bad. I really was reacting to realizing he was 82 and still going hard. I'm glad Chief shared his obituary on HR. It looks like he had a full life with many great stories to tell. Like several have said before, he has the best seat to watch Hawkeye wrestling now

Roar posted not long ago about there being 1 percenters on both ends of the spectrum. Jack was 100 percent... WITHOUT A DOUBT...a TOP 1 percenter on these boards. Didn't know him outside of here but enjoyed him immensely.

ADVERTISEMENT