ADVERTISEMENT

Miles Diffenbach

Man, all sorts of bad news tonight with this and Matt Millen. Last I saw Miles was when he'd injured his foot. My son lived in Nittany Apts that year and I'm guessing Miles did as well. Saw him tooling around on a scooter through the apt area. Hope both these former players succeed in their medical battles.

Good for you JerseyRon. Kick its ass Miles.
Thanks, closing in on my 8th anniversary of my stem cell transplant. The things they are doing for this type of blood cancer are amazing. It seems to hit your people in their late 20's to early 30's and the 50-60 year old bracket is also hit hard(I was diagnosed just three months shy of my 53rd birthday).

Thanks, closing in on my 8th anniversary of my stem cell transplant. The things they are doing for this type of blood cancer are amazing. It seems to hit your people in their late 20's to early 30's and the 50-60 year old bracket is also hit hard(I was diagnosed just three months shy of my 53rd birthday).

I posted this in the den so apologies for repeating myself but think its important to let people know to get checked...

My best friend passed the day after his 47th birthday. He was diagnosed, initially, with colon cancer (Hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer, If anyone reading this is African American or their friends are please tell them to get checked.) then it went to his lymph nodes then his liver (twice).

I posted this in the den so apologies for repeating myself but think its important to let people know to get checked...

My best friend passed the day after his 47th birthday. He was diagnosed, initially, with colon cancer (Hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer, If anyone reading this is African American or their friends are please tell them to get checked.) then it went to his lymph nodes then his liver (twice).
That sucks.

i saw on Twitter he posted a pic of him in a hospital and said the battle begins. What is the story?

Prayers out to him.
Thank you for bringing Miles to our attention Nate, I really appreciate it. Karen & I sit close to the players bench during games and are fortunate to watch & ocassionally hear the players capers, tomfoolery and sometimes skirmish. Some of the young guys are really impressionable, Miles...was one of our favorites. Really nice kid.

Have to leave for town now. If I have time later today, I tell a few stories about Miles which I'll always remember.

Prayers for you Miles, be strong.

Last edited:
Would someone please elaborate on the bad news regarding the health of Matt Millen? Thank you. I have seen other references to Matt M having an “ issue” , but no details.

God bless and best wishes Miles! My nephew just finished treatment at Hershey med for Hodgkins lymphoma. Both are said to have a high success rate of treatment in young people.

Reactions: BBrown
Good thoughts for you Nephew.
Thanks. Was a long road from the shock of diagnosis till chemo and radiation are done. Diagnosed in October, just finished radiation in early April (~ 7months).

He's 11 and is likely much more resilient than I would probably be.

From Miles during one of the tv features on John Urschel a few years back;

"If John is so smart, how come he can't teach me calculus?" Always loved this kids sense of humor. Kick ass Miles, I'm pulling for you.

Reactions: udsig91 and BBrown
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT