ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan vs. ASU

Chlebove was 3x PIAA champ that might have been a 4xer had he not missed his junior year.

So far in his career Cliebove is 12-10 against D1 competition. How do you think he would fair against Nick Lee?

I didn't make any predictions on how Micic might look in March, only that he didn't look at all impressive last night.

Last edited:
So far in his career Cliebove is 12-10 against D1 competition. How do you think he would fair against Nick Lee?

I didn't make any predictions on how Micic might look in March, only that he didn't look at all impressive last night.
I hadn't watched Chlebove prior to last night's match. He reminds me of Eierman...wrestling close to the edge (of the outside circle) and funky. I think a bout between Nick and Chlebove would look similar to the Nick-Eierman bout, except Nick won't need OT to get the win.

I hadn't watched Chlebove prior to last night's match. He reminds me of Eierman...wrestling close to the edge (of the outside circle) and funky. I think a bout between Nick and Chlebove would look similar to the Nick-Eierman bout, except Nick won't need OT to get the win.
I don't know what lesson to take from a guy who wrestles at the edge of a substandard mat.

I do know that if that mat had been used in the NCAA finals, Hoagie Hidlay would've spent the entire match in the concourse.

SIAP… just curious, were these 4 matches “official” NCAA matches or exhibitions in light of the full dual not being contested & the use of non-regulation sized mat? (Not throwing shade at anyone, actually glad as a wrestling fan they occurred… just wondered if from record stand point they counted)

SIAP… just curious, were these 4 matches “official” NCAA matches or exhibitions in light of the full dual not being contested & the use of non-regulation sized mat? (Not throwing shade at anyone, actually glad as a wrestling fan they occurred… just wondered if from record stand point they counted)
That's a really good question because the mat was illegal.

The fact that only 4 matches were wrestled shouldn't matter. All of last year's and this year's Extra Matches count. Technically it could be considered a dual with 6 double forfeits.

But if I were Bormet, I'd try to get the 125 and 133 results stricken from my guys' records for NCAA seeding.

Reactions: danoftw
That's a really good question because the mat was illegal.

The fact that only 4 matches were wrestled shouldn't matter. All of last year's and this year's Extra Matches count. Technically it could be considered a dual with 6 double forfeits.

But if I were Bormet, I'd try to get the 125 and 133 results stricken from my guys' records for NCAA seeding.

I kind of doubt that the 125lb wrestler for UM yesterday will be "the guy" for them at NCAAs...

I think Nick would chop Julian and carry Chlebov.

(Doesn’t change the fact that he was a 3x PIAA champ that missed a chance at 4.)
Sounds like he “missed” a chance for a reason not so dissimilar to why Tom Brands missed a postseason in HS.

But I digress

Reactions: jack66

Just curious, were the tickets refunded 60%?

Or did they throw up four matches at the last minute to keep all of what was paid for a ten match, regulation dual meet?

How could you screw up the mat?

Reactions: Dogwelder
FIFY
giphy.gif

Remember when the Hubble telescope was initially launched with bad optics because some metric numbers in the specifications were interpreted as inches during manufacturing (or vice versa)? The mats must’ve been provided by the same guys. :)
You are conflating two things. The Hubble error was due to a miscalibration in the construction of the mirror, while the metric/Imperial mixup doomed the Mars Climate Orbiter.

Reactions: Dogwelder
You are conflating two things. The Hubble error was due to a miscalibration in the construction of the mirror, while the metric/Imperial mixup doomed the Mars Climate Orbiter.
How stoked are you that the Webb sun shield is now fully deployed w/o error? I'm pretty stoked. 🤓🛰️🌌

Reactions: dbldoofus
How stoked are you that the Webb sun shield is now fully deployed w/o error? I'm pretty stoked. 🤓🛰️🌌
Very. I was concerned that a number of milestones were delayed for some days, but damn! those scientists can do anything! No wonder it took literally years to game out (hopefully) all possibilities.

ADVERTISEMENT