ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State University president fires back at ESPN, NCAA [HOLLIS UPDATE]

Sparty likely had two separate problems. While I don’t profess their innocence as to or diminish the seriousness of either, where I do have sympathy for them is regarding how the media hooked the second up to the first like a boxcar to a train engine.

Sparty likely had two separate problems. While I don’t profess their innocence as to or diminish the seriousness of either, where I do have sympathy for them is regarding how the media hooked the second up to the first like a boxcar to a train engine.

It was posted here recently that espn requested information on the msu football and basketball issues under the FOIA in 2016, before the nassar issue came to light, and msu fought espn tooth and nail. espn only received the information recently. Had they received it in 2016, they likely would have run with it then.

The ESPN spin cycle really gives me a new perspective. Man oh man does ESPN cherry pick statements, video clips, and the graphics department splicing together .......................

Indeed they do. And it just gets churned along and aggregated and takes on a life of its own. Anyone trying to explain to (most) of these ESPN personalities about the facts that network refuses to cover simply got waved off as Football Crazed Child Rape Enabling JoeBots worshipping at the altar of a dead coach.

Which included women that don't particularly give a rip about sports and their idea of fun on a fall Saturday afternoon is not sitting in a stadium with 100,000 other people. So yeah, I'm still frosted over the ugly remarks in social settings and on social media because of the garbage ESPN and their ilk spun for shits, giggles and clicks.

Because our Board of Trustees panicked, rolled over, wet themselves & went into radio silence - ESPN dropped Joe's name into that dumpster fire that Corbett/Fina wheeled up onto the steps of Old Main. It exploded into a national firestorm and ESPN cheered as the flames leapt higher.

But I digress. Lou Anna "Pretty Pervasive" Simon has yet to pick up the phone and personally apologize to certain peer of hers in the 814 area code. I am not sure if you can make any noise about that on MSU message boards, but it would be helpful.

Can't even keep up with this story anymore. Had no idea about last week's firing of MSU dean of Osteopathic Medicine Dr. William Strampel. His words, actions and orders were overwhelmingly in support of Nassar and I think the public deserves some answers. Same for Kathie Klages. At least come out and say you're devastated for the victims. At least have the heart to say, "With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I'd done more."

Reactions: Bob78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT