ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State Alumni Magazine

Quite a difference but hey, MSU is going to be "more competitive than ever before". They have their priorities.

pennstaterjf12_cover.jpg

Typical John Engler. Per the article, he directed the entire tone of this magazine issue. He is a hack.

Quite a difference but hey, MSU is going to be "more competitive than ever before". They have their priorities.

pennstaterjf12_cover.jpg

I JUST threw this out last weekend. I can be a bit of a pack-rat, but I'll pass on this kind of nostalgia.

I don't actually have much of a problem with their message here. "Stronger, Safer, and more competitive, would have been a more appealing mantra emanating from our leaders than "Don't look here, it was'nt my fault...."oh, there is joe paterno...look over there."

I guess Michigan State has to talk about how eternally ashamed they are? For how long? And who decides that? The media?

I mean, there are an organization, they have current customers(students), staff, alumni, and they need money and support to exist. An upbeat spin is not a bad thing here is it?

Just because we all walked around with our heads down, which bought us 0 sympathy, does'nt mean that every University that goes through a transgression or scandal has to
feel bad about itself or not move forward. Now, throughout this entire affair, I would have liked to see MSU be more sympathetic to their victims and contrite in general. Boy have they been arrogant. But they don't owe me shame, and they don't have to publish their alumni magazine with black on the title page or a depiction of a child crying.

I JUST threw this out last weekend. I can be a bit of a pack-rat, but I'll pass on this kind of nostalgia.
Once I kept and reread for some time. Now I check out if anyone died and toss.

If I am still counted as a life member, I’ll let them send, but I don’t need to read

Wishful thinking, but I think that the PennStater really needs to do an lengthy issue/article on just how wrong and corrupt the Sandusky situation was to Penn State. They would not have to comment one way or another on the guilt or innocence of Sandusky. They just need to restate the facts and what we have learned in the past seven years.

That includes recapping the ineptitude and horrific rush to judgment of the BOT; the collusion of FactFreeh, NCAA, PA OAG; the lies that were told in the Grand Jury Presentment; How Paterno's actions were absolutely, 100% in-line with how the situation should have been handled by a football coach; how Jack R knew about what happened and skated off with not so much as a raised eyebrow by law enforcement; how claimants were not even vetted by the BOT.

Yes, that issue would likely spur comments and criticisms from those outside of PSU. That would be a good thing. That is because we are not pedophile enablers. We are not a horrible culture that prizes football or any other sports first. We are not accepting responsibility for what Sandusky did. We are wanting to set the record straight on truth versus fiction. Given the recent events of MSU, OSU and now MD, there is a window of opportunity. Seize it Penn Stater. Do the right thing.

Oh...and devote another issue to finally memorializing JoePa's contributions to PSU. He is not a four-letter word.

Wishful thinking, but I think that the PennStater really needs to do an lengthy issue/article on just how wrong and corrupt the Sandusky situation was to Penn State. They would not have to comment one way or another on the guilt or innocence of Sandusky. They just need to restate the facts and what we have learned in the past seven years.

That includes recapping the ineptitude and horrific rush to judgment of the BOT; the collusion of FactFreeh, NCAA, PA OAG; the lies that were told in the Grand Jury Presentment; How Paterno's actions were absolutely, 100% in-line with how the situation should have been handled by a football coach; how Jack R knew about what happened and skated off with not so much as a raised eyebrow by law enforcement; how claimants were not even vetted by the BOT.

Yes, that issue would likely spur comments and criticisms from those outside of PSU. That would be a good thing. That is because we are not pedophile enablers. We are not a horrible culture that prizes football or any other sports first. We are not accepting responsibility for what Sandusky did. We are wanting to set the record straight on truth versus fiction. Given the recent events of MSU, OSU and now MD, there is a window of opportunity. Seize it Penn Stater. Do the right thing.

Oh...and devote another issue to finally memorializing JoePa's contributions to PSU. He is not a four-letter word.

Agree 100%. And also believe there is .00000001% chance that either will happen.

Reactions: Zenophile

Agree 100%. And also believe there is .00000001% chance that either will happen.
Quite right. The PSAA is a marionette articulated by purse strings as it relates to printing an opinion that might be critical of the Board. There is exactly a 0% chance of this happening under the current structure.

Last edited:

There is zero chance if they wanted to, that the BOT wouldn't pull an Engler and have them do a retrospective of the courage of the BOT.....

BTN lauded PSU for "definitely having the best academic center" in the B1G. This was the brain child of SuePa and enacted by JoePa (according to Scott). Will they get any credit?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT