ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan asks victims of sexual assault to come forward day after criminal investigation ended

Mike Valenti ripping the “culture of sex abuse” at Univ of Michigan and the silence of the media so far. Click on Valenti Show.

https://www.radio.com/971theticket/listen
You do realize that Valenti is an MSU graduate and rips everything that is related to Michigan. I listen to his show quite a bit and he's a JOKE. He hates Jim and can't say anything fairly about Jim or UM. Bad example.

I just want to know -- yes or no -- did @DesmondHoward have his rectum "inspected" by Dr. Handerson.

I just want to know -- yes or no -- did @DesmondHoward have his rectum "inspected" by Dr. Handerson.
Since @DesmondHoward blocked me on twitter, I can't ask him. If anyone wants to pose the question, be sure to present it from a place of care and concern for his safety and well-being.

Since @DesmondHoward blocked me on twitter, I can't ask him. If anyone wants to pose the question, be sure to present it from a place of care and concern for his safety and well-being.

I need to know how many rings the doctor was wearing when he inspected Desmond.

tenor.gif

You do realize that Valenti is an MSU graduate and rips everything that is related to Michigan. I listen to his show quite a bit and he's a JOKE. He hates Jim and can't say anything fairly about Jim or UM. Bad example.

Nonsense. He's an MSU grad who plays it down the middle. He rips MSU just as much as Michigan. That's what makes him the 3rd most popular sports afternoon show in America.

He'd lose his credibility as well as his audience if he was a homer like say Desmond Howard, Jalen Rose, Jon Jansen, Nicole Auerbach, & everyone else in sports media in Detroit etc.

You're just not used to someone who doesn't tell you it's all rainbows & lollipops in Ann Arbor.

Last edited:
Some details on the attempted coverup

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/men-hire-lawyer-alleged-abuse-michigan-doctor-69183902

University of Michigan officials were warned more than four decades ago that Anderson was fondling patients during exams, but he continued working there despite a demotion and went on to allegedly abuse again as a physician with the school's athletic department, according to documents from a police investigation The Associated Press obtained through a public-records request.

The school has attributed the silence to an ongoing review by local prosecutors and said its first public statement released Wednesday came a day after prosecutors decided no charges were possible. But prosecutors insisted their decision was communicated to campus police investigators last fall.

The confusion was made possible because the case was not submitted as a formal request for prosecution. That step triggers a well-documented process used for most reviews by prosecutors, an official with the Washtenaw County Prosecuting Attorney's Office told the AP.

In that formal process, a written "denial memo" is sent to the law enforcement agency and automatically stored in the prosecutor's office.

The reviewing prosecutor suggested to police that a formal request wasn't needed because Anderson died in 2008, said chief assistant prosecutor Steven Hiller.

"I agree that the decision should have been memorialized, as happens with the over 6,000 requests for prosecution our office reviews each year," Hiller said. “Doing so would have eliminated the possibility for miscommunication. However, that was not done in this highly unusual case. This office has already taken steps to ensure that a written memorialization is created for each decision made following a review, even when the decision does not pertain to a formal request for prosecution.”

Documents released to the AP on Friday include emails between Konrad Siller, the first assistant prosecutor in the office, and University of Michigan Police Detective Mark West and Lt. Paul DeRidder.

Siller told the investigators on April 25 not to submit the investigation through "ONBASE," an electronic document management system. West emailed his report to Siller four days later.

In June, West emailed Siller asking for an update.

"I have risk management contacting me wanting to know what the status is on it for their insurance purposes," he wrote.

Siller replied that he had not yet reviewed the whole report, kept busy by ongoing murder cases.

In September, West sent another email to Siller with an attachment he said contained "further information" on the case.

The only other email released to the AP was from West to Siller on Jan. 21, indicating West believed the prosecutor's office was still reviewing his work.

"I have been getting more requests from the survivors of this, as well as the University general Counsel's office about this Dr. Anderson report," West wrote. "Have you reviewed it yet?"

No reply from Siller was included in the documents released to the AP.

This chief assistant prosecutor Steven Hiller dude is in the tank for Michigan.

“Hiller's statements Monday conflict with an email he sent early on Feb. 19, when he told The News that the report had been received and reviewed in May or June.”

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...versity-michigan-sex-abuse-report/4860019002/

Ann Arbor — A University of Michigan detective pressured Washtenaw County prosecutors for nine months to review a police report detailing alleged sexual abuse by a former school sports doctor, according to emails obtained by The Detroit News.

"There is documentation supporting that our detectives followed up with the Prosecutor’s Office on the status of their review," Young wrote. "(The university police department) was notified that the Prosecutor’s Office finished their review on Feb. 18, 2020."

It was the same day The News first asked UM and Washtenaw County prosecutors about the status of the case, for a story that would be published on Feb. 19.

When asked why UM police had to ask prosecutors several times if they had finished reviewing the Anderson report, Hiller said police were updated verbally during UM football games and other times.

Last edited:
Finally, ESPIN has a headline about Michigan football......oh wait, it's about how the team will not take it's annual spring trip because of fears of the corona virus.

Reactions: greenpeach
Epidemic....

University of Michigan EECS professor Jason Mars faces allegations of sexual misconduct, abusive behavior
Monday, February 17, 2020 - 8:10pm

The co-founder and former CEO of Clinc, an Ann Arbor artificial intelligence startup with ties to the University of Michigan’s College of Engineering, is facing claims of sexual harassment. Jason Mars’s behavior was investigated after Clinc received two official complaints from employees in December. He stepped down as CEO Feb. 10 in response to the investigation.

An article published in The Verge Thursday morning detailed reports of sexually inappropriate behavior from Mars, who is currently a tenured associate professor of electrical engineering and computer science at the University and the co-director of the University’s Clarity-Lab, an AI research group. The Verge based its reporting on accounts from 13 current and former employees, including some who studied under Mars at the University, in addition to leaked phone calls, emails and documents.

One allegation detailed in The Verge comes from one of Mars’s former doctoral students, who worked at Clinc alongside his girlfriend. He claimed Mars made inappropriate comments about his girlfriend at an event at Revel and Roll bowling alley. Allegedly, Mars said she had a “nice ass,” asked if she “shaved” and said, “She can sit on my face.”

Another Clinc employee told The Verge she was groped and verbally harassed by Mars at a bar during a business trip to San Francisco. She said she did not report the incident out of fear of losing her job.

Employees claimed a comparable incident happened on a business trip to San Antonio, during which Clinc was working on a project with one of its clients, USAA. At a social event at a bar, Mars allegedly groped a female USAA employee and told her, “I want to do nasty things to you.”

Still not even half of Ohio State's well established criminal record of sexual and physical assaults.

Ohio State had a football coach and a diving coach arrested fairly recently to go along with 2 rapist football players and a former player who was just jailed for beating a woman. Then of course, they have their perv doctor and his hundreds of sexual assault victims which was covered up by their entire athletic department. Ohio State is on a current streak of 3 football coaches in a row with a history of heinous crimes under their watch such that the previous 2 were forced to step down, one claiming he has no memory and had deleted all of his text messages.

Ohio State athletes, coaches, and medical staff has sexual and physically assaulted across many of their sport programs (football, wrestling, diving, etc.)

I mean, who has thousands of dollars of sex toys in their football offices? Who has athletes arrested with a car full of weapons running for their life from the mob? Ohio State is in you can't make this $#@% up territory of complete lawlessness. Ohio State crime is pervasive and probably twice as much as crime as Michigan, just like they are on the football field.

Still not even half of Ohio State's well established criminal record of sexual and physical assaults.

Ohio State had a football coach and a diving coach arrested fairly recently to go along with 2 rapist football players and a former player who was just jailed for beating a woman. Then of course, they have their perv doctor and his hundreds of sexual assault victims which was covered up by their entire athletic department. Ohio State is on a current streak of 3 football coaches in a row with a history of heinous crimes under their watch such that the previous 2 were forced to step down, one claiming he has no memory and had deleted all of his text messages.

Ohio State athletes, coaches, and medical staff has sexual and physically assaulted across many of their sport programs (football, wrestling, diving, etc.)

I mean, who has thousands of dollars of sex toys in their football offices? Who has athletes arrested with a car full of weapons running for their life from the mob? Ohio State is in you can't make this $#@% up territory of complete lawlessness. Ohio State crime is pervasive and probably twice as much as crime as Michigan, just like they are on the football field.

It just means more at Tosu.

"Please don't sue us" plural.

Free counseling offered to accusers in high-profile U-M sex assault cases

The provost
a6868b99-6571-4272-bc67-8950734f65ad-martin_philbert.png

Martin Philbert (Photo: University of Michigan)
Anderson is alleged to have sexually assaulted men for decades when he was a doctor on campus. He died in 2008. Philbert is currently on paid administrative leave while the university investigates allegations he sexually assaulted women during his long academic career at U-M.

The university has known about allegations against both men for decades.

Dozens of women have now made sexual misconduct complaints against University of Michigan Provost Martin Philbert, some stretching back more than a decade, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the investigation

Not all of the allegations were unknown to the university. At least three times over the years, complaints about Philbert's behavior were made to administrators at the school, multiple sources said.

Philbert has been promoted multiple times at the university, including into his current position as the top academic officer at the Ann Arbor school.

Dr. Robert E. Anderson's obit in 2008.

'Family doctor' who served as football team physician dies at 80

BY THOMAS CHAN
Daily Staff Reporter
Published December 3, 2008

A memorial for Robert Anderson, the longtime University Health Service director and Athletic Department physician, was held yesterday at First Congregational Church, near Central Campus. Anderson was 80.

Often called “Doc A," Anderson died Thursday after battling pulmonary fibrosis since for more than two years.

Anderson became a team physician for the Michigan football team in 1966, and was the director of UHS from 1968 until 1980, when he opened a private practice.

He retired in 1998 from the University and in 2000 from his private practice. He retired “reluctantly, because of his own health issues,” his nephew, Michael Anderson, said. Even after his retirement, Anderson was still giving medical consultations and writing prescriptions at his home until at least 2004, his nephew said.

Friends and family said Anderson was a generous, dedicated and passionate doctor who was a great friend to everyone he treated.

“He was kind of a throwback to the old family doctor,” said Terry Smith, a retired minister from First Congregational Church. “You could just go in and talk to him, and there wasn’t any hustle to get you out.”

Many members of First Congregational Church and the community where he lived on South Seventh Street said he was happy to provide his medical expertise to anyone who came to his door.

“He’s one of a dying breed — the last kind of 'your home physician;' a doctor that would, in this day and age, would still go to your house,” said Michael. “You could stop by his house. His door was always open, never said, no to anybody.”

Numerous people at the service said Anderson often provided his medical services at no charge when patients visited his home.

Darcy Crain, an associate minister at First Congregational, said Anderson established a program to provide free free physical examinations to high school students while he was a resident at Hurley Medical Center in Flint.

“He was not mechanical. He was a caring kind of doctor,” Smith said.

UHS Director Robert Winfield said Anderson was also working part-time at the University Hospital’s faculty practice site in eastern Ann Arbor.

Former Michigan football coach Lloyd Carr, who once worked with Anderson, said people used to joke that Anderson was the poorest doctor in Ann Arbor because he worked for the Athletic Department at a lower pay rate than what the average doctor would make.

“If any of us didn’t feel well or had the flu or our kids were sick, we had the comfort of knowing that he was going to drop what he was doing,” Carr said. “He was a tremendous asset in this community.”

https://www.michigandaily.com/content/2008-12-04/“doc-a”-longtime-football-team-physician-remembered

This is sooo sweet. From Handerson's obituary.

https://www.michigandaily.com/content/2008-12-04/“doc-a”-longtime-football-team-physician-remembered

Numerous people at the service said Anderson often provided his medical services at no charge when patients visited his home.

Darcy Crain, an associate minister at First Congregational, said Anderson established a program to provide free free physical examinations to high school students while he was a resident at Hurley Medical Center in Flint.

UHS Director Robert Winfield said Anderson was also working part-time at the University Hospital’s faculty practice site in eastern Ann Arbor.

Former Michigan football coach Lloyd Carr, who once worked with Anderson, said people used to joke that Anderson was the poorest doctor in Ann Arbor because he worked for the Athletic Department at a lower pay rate than what the average doctor would make.

“If any of us didn’t feel well or had the flu or our kids were sick, we had the comfort of knowing that he was going to drop
[his pants] what he was doing,” Carr said. “He was a tremendous asset in this community.”

giphy.gif

Reactions: odshowtime
Dr. Robert E. Anderson's obit in 2008.

'Family doctor' who served as football team physician dies at 80

BY THOMAS CHAN
Daily Staff Reporter
Published December 3, 2008

A memorial for Robert Anderson, the longtime University Health Service director and Athletic Department physician, was held yesterday at First Congregational Church, near Central Campus. Anderson was 80.

Often called “Doc A," Anderson died Thursday after battling pulmonary fibrosis since for more than two years.

Anderson became a team physician for the Michigan football team in 1966, and was the director of UHS from 1968 until 1980, when he opened a private practice.

He retired in 1998 from the University and in 2000 from his private practice. He retired “reluctantly, because of his own health issues,” his nephew, Michael Anderson, said. Even after his retirement, Anderson was still giving medical consultations and writing prescriptions at his home until at least 2004, his nephew said.

Friends and family said Anderson was a generous, dedicated and passionate doctor who was a great friend to everyone he treated.

“He was kind of a throwback to the old family doctor,” said Terry Smith, a retired minister from First Congregational Church. “You could just go in and talk to him, and there wasn’t any hustle to get you out.”

Many members of First Congregational Church and the community where he lived on South Seventh Street said he was happy to provide his medical expertise to anyone who came to his door.

“He’s one of a dying breed — the last kind of 'your home physician;' a doctor that would, in this day and age, would still go to your house,” said Michael. “You could stop by his house. His door was always open, never said, no to anybody.”

“If any of us didn’t feel well or had the flu or our kids were sick, we had the comfort of knowing that he was going to drop what he was doing,” Carr said. “He was a tremendous asset in this community.”

“He’s one of a dying breed — the last kind of 'your home physician;' a doctor that would, in this day and age, would still go to your house,” said Michael. “You could stop by his house. His door was always open, never said, no to anybody. And he loved to stick a finger up your ass for no reason.

Fixed it.

Not even the famed Michigan Banner was safe from Handerson. The Banner has lawyered up after calling the Hotline.

When they show at the beginning of the game the team running out to touch the ‘M’ Club Go Blue banner, I’d occasionally see him — he was a pretty short guy and not very athletic — jumping up to try to touch the banner, which is a good luck thing for Michigan,” Barahal said. “And it kind of brought that (memory) back. So, I told the story for years to people about how I went in for a sore throat, and he had his finger up my butt. I mean, I told that story for years.”

The story I heard was that Dr Handerson had to roll Desmond in flour so that he could more easily identify which orifice was the real azzhole!

No male under 40 needs a prostate exam as part of a regular check up. So why was Bo Schembechler involved with dictating this? Something was going on there.
42834753162aa7cea74b6f5b5e8592d8--bo-schembechler-go-blue.jpg

She said she did a couple of rectal exams until then-football coach Bo Schembechler found out. "She said that coach Schembechler did not want a women performing rectal exams on his male players, so Dr. Anderson did the physicals after this," according to the report.

It’s funny how everyone steps up to defend their own school and state how their situation is different, yet we got chastised and labeled a cult for doing it. So let me get this straight, the situations at OSU, MSU, UM, and Syracuse were all ok, but Penn State was bad....got it.

It’s funny how everyone steps up to defend their own school and state how their situation is different, yet we got chastised and labeled a cult for doing it. So let me get this straight, the situations at OSU, MSU, UM, and Syracuse were all ok, but Penn State was bad....got it.

It is the epitome of michigan arrogance for their chancellor to publicly state that the handerson situation isn't nearly as bad as michigan state. How do you publicly deny the severity of a situation when new information is coming out daily? How do you publicly insult another university in the process, an in-state rival no less? How do you not take a step back and try to learn from the michigan state situation before making any sort of definitive statement? The powers that were at michigan state tried to deny the severity of the nassar situation, and look at how it blew up in their faces (when they probably all knew the severity in the first place).

HUBRIS. :eek:

Reactions: ChiTownLion
m_go_T

February 25th, 2020 at 2:40 PM ^

This isn’t too far off from what I heard from a good friend who was an athlete in the early 90s. He’d go in because his shoulder was messed up and Anderson would tell him to “drop his drawers”. Said it was well known and a running joke amongst his teammates.

Posted on 33 mins, ,
User Since 110 months ago, User Post Count: 4,489

No matter what else comes out of this the one thing that will never go away is that the pervert that stuck his finger in the asss of hundreds if not thousands of guys wiped it off on that phucking banner.

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT