ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Beard to the transfer portal

@tjb249 Wish Michael the best coach. Know PSU was his dream and he delayed enrollment and redshirted just for the chance to put on the singlet. Deserves the chance to show what he can do (again) since there's likely no doubt in his mind that he is the best 197 in the nation.

Since we know it won't be Iowa .... I'm glad we all can root for Michael in all likelihood 😜

I’m probably in the minority but I want Beard to stay and win the spot. I actually think he is as good as Max and we will regret him leaving. I see him being a finalist at least. Would say champ but I think Ferrari is the class of 197 unfortunately. I wish him well but hope he decides to stay and see if he can beat Max for the spot next year

I’m probably in the minority but I want Beard to stay and win the spot. I actually think he is as good as Max and we will regret him leaving. I see him being a finalist at least. Would say champ but I think Ferrari is the class of 197 unfortunately. I wish him well but hope he decides to stay and see if he can beat Max for the spot next year
I'm with you on that. I think he has developed his offense quite well. We'll see...

He tried that and fell short of winning the spot this year. With Dean returning and being the national champ, he's the starter period. Michael is way too good to sit another year, he's started one season since graduating high school. Can't expect him to wait forever.

If this is the case...
giphy.gif

He tried that and fell short of winning the spot this year. With Dean returning and being the national champ, he's the starter period. Michael is way too good to sit another year, he's started one season since graduating high school. Can't expect him to wait forever.
I don’t expect him to sit forever. I also don’t think because Max won last year that it is his spot no matter what. If someone is better they will get the spot. Beard would have to prove that he is for sure better but he would get the opportunity

Then beat AB out the following year, now THATS a tall task.

Ughh. I was initially hoping this was one more scoop that Mineo got wrong ☹️

Wishing the very best for Michael , I’ll be rooting for him when he’s not competing against us.

Damn. Can’t blame him at all for this decision and I wish him all the best. I know he lost a close wrestle off to Dean this season but I would not be surprised at all to see him progress further and beat Dean this coming season.
Hypothetical: When Dean called Cael this past year, if Cael had said “no thanks”, then:
1. Would we have still won the National Title? Answer is yes.
2. Is it better to have three years of Beard or two of Dean? This is a toss up, IMO.
3. Does this mean a definite move up to 197 by AB in 2 years?

Best of luck, Michael!

Last edited:
Damn. Can’t blame him at all for this decision and I wish him all the best. I know he lost a close wrestle off to Dean this season but I would not be surprised at all to see him progress further and beat Dean this coming season.
Hypothetical: When Dean called Cael this past year, if Cael had said “no thanks”, then:
2. Is it better to have three years of Beard or two of Dean? This is a toss up, IMO.
3. Does this move a definite move up to 197 by AB in 2 years?

Best of luck, Michael!
I’m a big fan of Michael’s, but I have zero regret on decision to add Dean.

If we had passed on Dean we would have missed out on the bow and arrow that sent shock waves through Carver and had Warnerov screaming out in pain for his Mama 😱

I think the only positive for this on the PSU side is lineup possibilities going forward. Next year I’m sure Facundo can make 165 and Levi 157 if need be but I have doubt they can stay there long term. If in 2 years AB goes to 197 then CStar goes 184, Facundo 174, and Levi 165. Or and more hopeful actually would be AB to 197, CStar or Barr at 184, CStar or Barr at 174, Facundo at 165, and Levi at 157 if they can hold those weights. It definitely creates a better path for the youngsters coming in and probably frees up a little money as well which is a plus. I hate seeing him go though. I think he is the most talented 197 in the country. If he can stay healthy and fix his gas tank he can be a national champ

3. Does this move a definite move up to 197 by AB in 2 years?

Best of luck, Michael!
We need more reactions ..... I would like a pondering or thinking reaction.....and if it was available I would use it here.

I’m a big fan of Michael’s, but I have zero regret on decision to add Dean.

If we had passed on Dean we would have missed out on the bow and arrow that sent shock waves through Carver and had Warnerov screaming out in pain for his Mama 😱
And we gained the great Dean family - awesome to see Gabe wearing our colors in the stands. I’m sure it pained @NothingMeaningful though

Damn. I was wondering when that was going to happen. Who fills in after Dean's last year? Is Brooks big enough? Hope keeping Dean for one year doesn't prove short-sighted. Best wishes to The Beard.

Best of luck to him. I just hope that he doesn't go to Iowa, UM or osu. I don't think that he has a gas tank issue based upon cael commenting that he had a tendency to hold his breath, which they had been working on correcting.

Best of luck to him. I just hope that he doesn't go to Iowa, UM or osu. I don't think that he has a gas tank issue based upon cael commenting that he had a tendency to hold his breath, which they had been working on correcting.
Iowa - definitely not seeing how they have Warner there. Unless his goal is to stick it to us after Dean graduates and he's okay with sitting a year to do that (don't get those vibes from him lol)

Ohio State - possible but unlikely IMO since Hoffman did just place 6th (with a hot tournament) but Michael did pin Hoffman in a minute last time they wrestled so I doubt it'd worry Michael (unless Tan Tom says no)

Michigan - Yes definitely would make sense, great degree also and would happily root for him there except against PSU (and I wouldn't be rooting against him, just for the PSU wrestler)

Reactions: mcpat
I hate to see him go but how can we possibly be surprised? I certainly appreciate what he has done at/for PSU. I hope he gets an awesome NIL deal. There should be a nice bidding war. Thanks for your efforts and Best Wishes.
40 bills reported so far

• Wow
...wouldn't Stanford be an attractive possibility with their burgeoning treasure chest?...🤷🏽‍♂️

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him end up at an Ivy League school with a stout wrestling program (ala Cornell, Princeton, Stanford, Penn). Fortunately for him, he’s very smart and has (reportedly) almost wrestled a national champion out of the lineup on more than one occasion. So he should have his pick of the litter

Reactions: Ski and mcpat
Yeah, I think he’s going top notch academic school close to home base. Makes all the sense to be Lehigh.

wouldn't penn be better academically and closer to malvern? and with a burgeoning RTC if he wants to compete post-college?

ADVERTISEMENT