ADVERTISEMENT

Micah Parsons Back in town this weekend

giphy.gif

I'm not saying that this possible scenario takes Parsons out of the look at me and/or drama queen category, but what if he intentionally tweeted to set up the high profile recommitment to Penn State? Again, this is a little too over the top for the typical Penn State recruit, but maybe he was just playing the field to get attention and always intended to commit to Penn State. It would make those hat choice press conferences seem downright old school.

I'm not saying that this possible scenario takes Parsons out of the look at me and/or drama queen category, but what if he intentionally tweeted to set up the high profile re-commitment to Penn State? Again, this is a little too over the top for the typical Penn State recruit, but maybe he was just playing the field to get attention and always intended to commit to Penn State. It would make those hat choice press conferences seem downright old school.
That's a little much for even him. He made a mistake tweeting about the OSU's QB situation but that's what they get for rolling out the red carpet for him. I still want him to sign with us, no way I'm passing on a 5 star talent, but the whole recruitment seems awful dramatic.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I'm not saying that this possible scenario takes Parsons out of the look at me and/or drama queen category, but what if he intentionally tweeted to set up the high profile recommitment to Penn State? Again, this is a little too over the top for the typical Penn State recruit, but maybe he was just playing the field to get attention and always intended to commit to Penn State. It would make those hat choice press conferences seem downright old school.
Maybe he was just stating his opinion. Is he allowed to have one.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
It really doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I mean probably not the smartest thing to do if you are planning to go to Ohio St. but he tweeted his opinion and it involved a qb that he is reportedly "friends" with.

Maybe he was just stating his opinion. Is he allowed to have one.

Sure he's allowed. But how bad does it look publicly when he challenges UM's decision making? He makes his potential head coach seem like he doesn't know what he's doing. He could have made a quiet suggestion to Urbie, or just kept his mouth shut. Urbie should be able to see what he is getting if he signs this kid.

Reactions: Judge Smails
Sure he's allowed. But how bad does it look publicly when he challenges UM's decision making? He makes his potential head coach seem like he doesn't know what he's doing. He could have made a quiet suggestion to Urbie, or just kept his mouth shut. Urbie should be able to see what he is getting if he signs this kid.
Stating an opinion isn't challenging anything.

Unless he's made up his mind to commit to PSU & just has not gone public yet. That eliminates any worry about offending a potential head coach.

If he is as good as advertised I am willing to give him a wide berth. In fact, given the monumental mistakes I've made in my adult life I am not so quick to hang any 17/18 year old kid out to dry in the age of social media. This isn't Lawrence Phillips or Joe Mixon.

If he wishes to come to Penn State we should welcome him until his actions prove otherwise.

maybe not smart on his part, but you could also assume that the reason he has such a strong opinion is that he is already a Buckeye.

If he is as good as advertised I am willing to give him a wide berth. In fact, given the monumental mistakes I've made in my adult life I am not so quick to hang any 17/18 year old kid out to dry in the age of social media. This isn't Lawrence Phillips or Joe Mixon.

If he wishes to come to Penn State we should welcome him until his actions prove otherwise.

I was an arrogant a-hole at 17 and I wasn't even good at anything.

After tweetgate at OSU, Wiltfong changed his CB on Parsons from OSU to Nebraska. Also interesting that Parsons tweeted out visit to PSU immediately after. Hope he enjoys the land of corn.

Maybe we should look at this differently Parsons may have just gone out to oh-high-ya to create unrest in UM's program, and help his future PSU buddies get the upper hand when they play them later in the year.....

Yea, I know......

Also visiting Saturday are 2019 WR target John Metchie and 2020 5 star RB Chris Tyree.

I can't wait for this kid to commit to a school that he will not be graduating from.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT