ADVERTISEMENT

MIA -- @DogWelder

PSUbluTX

Feb 7, 2018
There are so many clever, witty, insightful, and encyclopedic posters on this board. Y'all have brightened so many of my days.

I just realized that one of our brother posters (and a personal fave) is missing in action -- @Dogwelder you ok? Looks like he hasn't posted here since Feb. 10. Anyone close to him offline that can let us know if he's alright?

Praying all is well with you, Dawg.

There are so many clever, witty, insightful, and encyclopedic posters on this board. Y'all have brightened so many of my days.

I just realized that one of our brother posters (and a personal fave) is missing in action -- @Dogwelder you ok? Looks like he hasn't posted here since Feb. 10. Anyone close to him offline that can let us know if he's alright?

Praying all is well with you, Dawg.
He shows as last seen 2/25.

Well....that is a bit concerning. Wishing Dog the best. Hope your absence is because of having too much fun. Let us know you are OK. Best to you.

Reactions: danoftw
Yeah man--I can't keep these hooligans' grammar in check here all by myself! Certainly not with the biting and clever wit you bring to the party (I bring the hips).

giphy.gif

Dogwelder has long been one of my favorite posters on this board. I went back and reviewed some of his last posts and recall thinking at the time that he appeared to be frustrated by some of the posting banter.

He has always impressed me as being very knowledgeable, articulate, creative, and often sarcastic. I enjoy his humor, his perspective, and his intelligence. Please come back. We miss you Dogwelder 😘

Reactions: danoftw
Hey! Thank a lot, guys, for the concern and kind words! You guys are really great!

I’m alive and well. I just felt like trying something different, like spending way less time on the Internet.

I came back to read this great forum during NCAAs. What a great performance by the team! Again.

I expect I’ll come back more fully one day.

Take care!

And HR still sucks. :)

Hey! Thank a lot, guys, for the concern and kind words! You guys are really great!

I’m alive and well. I just felt like trying something different, like spending way less time on the Internet.

I came back to read this great forum during NCAAs. What a great performance by the team! Again.

Take care!

Dude, happy to see u back. You're my 83rd favorite poster after @lionlover @RoarLions1 @El-Jefe , and 80 others to be named later.

Take care!

Fantastic! Glad you’re well and focusing on what’s most important to you. Oh, and I’ve DM’d you some spelling and syntax corrections to your post. :p

Take care!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Take care!

Spending less time on the internet sounds like a great idea. I think I need to do the same thing. Once again, thanks for your inspiration, and welcome back.😉

Take care!

That's a relief.

With this crisis now behind us: please nobody start an Ironburd Search Party.

Dude, happy to see u back. You're my 83rd favorite poster after @lionlover @RoarLions1 @El-Jefe , and 80 others to be named later.
@El-Jefe , @RoarLions1 and @lionlover : Which one does not belong..LMAO!

Seriously, El-Jefe and Roarlions1 are two of the classiest, most knowledgeable posters on this board that contribute endless amounts of terrific information to this community. They are like the front page and classified section of The New York Times...while my persona resides somewhere between the women's lingerie section and the comics section.😁

Take care!

Hey Dog it is great to see everything is ok in your life and you were only taking a break. I always appreciated your wit and humor on the board along with some great content! I know some guys can get volatile in their responses and really bust balls, which I believe happened to you.

There are some really great, knowledgeable posters on this board of which I know I can’t hold a candle too. There are former wrestlers that have competed and probably won NCAA championships at PSU, on this board. There are probably PIAA champions, former NCAA and high school coaches as well as club coaches here too. You guys all bring a vast source of knowledge and content to this board, that makes this board first class and very enjoyable. You’re coverage of potential recruits is also second to none. So for all of these attributes and hard work with statistics that you bring, I just want to say thank you!

My last point is about the volatile responses. Some guys can really come off with an, “I’m always right and you’re wrong”, response post. I realize we are all grown men on this board and need to have thicker skin at times but the ‘holier than thou’ attitude some guys have needs to go. I know back when Psalm1 had the thread where guys told who they were, I gave a pretty good synopsis of my life. I’m definitely not the most eloquent writer or the most educated guy on the board. I wrestled up to seventh grade, been a PSU season ticket holder since 2012, but attended matches before seeing guys like Kolat, McCoy and other great wrestlers. I know a fellow poster that doesn't post because of getting blasted, like Dogwelder was on this forum. That shouldn't happen, we can be better! In closing guys I think we could all take a lesson in humility and that starts with me also. We don’t have to look far, because our PSU wrestlers and coaches exhibit it every day. We Are Better!

Good to see you back. I sincerely mean that. You can give and take which we both enjoy. I don't see you as a "victim". Don't forget your spoon...

Reactions: Creek Side
Hey Dog it is great to see everything is ok in your life and you were only taking a break. I always appreciated your wit and humor on the board along with some great content! I know some guys can get volatile in their responses and really bust balls, which I believe happened to you.

There are some really great, knowledgeable posters on this board of which I know I can’t hold a candle too. There are former wrestlers that have competed and probably won NCAA championships at PSU, on this board. There are probably PIAA champions, former NCAA and high school coaches as well as club coaches here too. You guys all bring a vast source of knowledge and content to this board, that makes this board first class and very enjoyable. You’re coverage of potential recruits is also second to none. So for all of these attributes and hard work with statistics that you bring, I just want to say thank you!

My last point is about the volatile responses. Some guys can really come off with an, “I’m always right and you’re wrong”, response post. I realize we are all grown men on this board and need to have thicker skin at times but the ‘holier than thou’ attitude some guys have needs to go. I know back when Psalm1 had the thread where guys told who they were, I gave a pretty good synopsis of my life. I’m definitely not the most eloquent writer or the most educated guy on the board. I wrestled up to seventh grade, been a PSU season ticket holder since 2012, but attended matches before seeing guys like Kolat, McCoy and other great wrestlers. I know a fellow poster that doesn't post because of getting blasted, like Dogwelder was on this forum. That shouldn't happen, we can be better! In closing guys I think we could all take a lesson in humility and that starts with me also. We don’t have to look far, because our PSU wrestlers and coaches exhibit it every day. We Are Better!
There’s no need to blast away at someone just because they express an opinion that is different from your own. For example, I told my wife that whenever she disagrees with me, it is simply an indication that she is most likely wrong! 😁

There’s no need to blast away at someone just because they express an opinion that is different from your own. For example, I told my wife that whenever she disagrees with me, it is simply an indication that she is most likely wrong! 😁
I actually admitted to my wife I was wrong once. her response...
giphy.gif

Dogwelder got blasted? Hmmm…I must have missed that. I really don’t see a bunch of that but maybe it’s because I try to stay away from controversial threads like the COVID one. Also, I’ve been here quite awhile and know who the guys are that enjoy debating others guys without either getting upset about it.

Personally, what makes this board so entertaining for me is hearing the fellas bust each other’s balls. It cracks me at times. We even have HR guys joining in the f*n over here like JS, Turk, Madden and Mike Z.

Ok forget about that last one…. Mike Z doesn’t really have any balls to bust… :)

Seriously, El-Jefe and Roarlions1 are two of the classiest, most knowledgeable posters on this board that contribute endless amounts of terrific information to this community. They are like the front page and classified section of The New York Times...while my persona resides somewhere between the women's lingerie section and the comics section.😁
I'm more of the Uncle John's Bathroom Reader, but thanks all the same.

• Haha
Reactions: lionlover
Spyker confirmed!
Since this is a missing persons thread and we’ve confirmed that Dogwelder is ok, what about Spyker? What ever happened to him? Personally, I found his posts pretty amusing and wouldn’t object to seeing a few more of them show up again.

Since this is a missing persons thread and we’ve confirmed that Dogwelder is ok, what about Spyker? What ever happened to him? Personally, I found his posts pretty amusing and wouldn’t object to seeing a few more of them show up again.
He was back under new name when NN took over. But it didn't last long and he was gone again.

Glad Dog is ok. I could only imagine how much time one could have on the internet if you were on numerous forums involving many teams.
I personally go to this forum 95% of the time. I've gone to HR a few times and maybe posted 5 times.
The other forum I on occasion will post is on The Athletic web site. Mostly comments on stories about my favorite pro sports team, the SF Giants.

Hey. The gutter is not a bad place to be.

ADVERTISEMENT