ADVERTISEMENT

Meyer wants to put hammer down on the challengers

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
he will want to impose his will with a beat down on PSU, MSU and UMich. These are the threats.

MSU is the immediate threat, and UM and PSU are coming in recruiting. Meyer must do beat downs on all of them. I am not sure that any of these three teams (UM, MSU and us) have the skill to stop tOSU in a bad mood.

I look for tOSU to put double digit wins on all three this year. they will go into UM and surprise all with a real hammer job. UM does not really have the talent to stop tOSU, and their OFF is pedestrian at best.

I look for Meyer to want to put a big hammer on JF this weekend = > 30 pts spread. Not sure he will get there unless our OFF provides help.

MSU will also get rolled, although they play later and may heal.

he will want to impose his will with a beat down on PSU, MSU and UMich. These are the threats.

MSU is the immediate threat, and UM and PSU are coming in recruiting. Meyer must do beat downs on all of them. I am not sure that any of these three teams (UM, MSU and us) have the skill to stop tOSU in a bad mood.

I look for tOSU to put double digit wins on all three this year. they will go into UM and surprise all with a real hammer job. UM does not really have the talent to stop tOSU, and their OFF is pedestrian at best.

I look for Meyer to want to put a big hammer on JF this weekend = > 30 pts spread. Not sure he will get there unless our OFF provides help.

MSU will also get rolled, although they play later and may heal.
Meyer wants to beat EVERYONE 120-0....that is the nature of his beast. I suppose that is a factor in his success.....and also in his liabilities

Reactions: nittanybear
Meyer is too busy with cheerleaders....his assistants want a beat down ...
On the other hand .... Urban just wants beat off.

O$U has issues and you knew they would with a divided locker room. I do not see them running the table and wouldn't be surprised if they don't make the B1G championship game. Right now, UM is the best in the league but will be tested against an underperforming MSU squad and I see them winning by at least 10 points. Its funny how that Utah vs Michigan game may end up have a significant impact on the championship.

Reactions: Blueblood4eva
OP is 100% correct. It is not about style points either. It is all about ruthless recruiting. Meyer knows that being a great coach is 90% about getting the best players and stopping your opponents from getting as many. It is why his biggest fear is Franklin and also why we should be thrilled to have the James Gang. Meyer knows that Franklin knows and vice versa. Michigan recruits well regardless of the coach. PSU was hurt by the recruiting sanctions and Meyer feasted. It was a double whammy. James and the gang are closing the gap in unexpected time. He needs our support and not criticism. Franklin is one smart, hard working and talented hombre who delivers. Two more years and watch out for medical issues in Columbus, if we help counter the negativity, instead of finding fault with our relatively young coach.

Our offensive line scares me. Especially left tackle. I don't want to see hack get blind sided. I just can't believe that we have no one else. It may be a while before we can contend. I am sure that Michigan with Harbaugh will out recruit us and probably out coach Franklin. I know some Michigan fans and they pretty much think that they are unbeatable.

Meyer is in a no win situation. He can't ascend any higher, just like at Florida. I agree he will retire in two - three years as the demands will increase and others will be nipping at his heals.

He needs to figure out who his QB is and worry about why his team is squeaking by Northern Ill, Maryland and Indiana

For as long as Harbaugh is at Michigan, I doubt that Ohio State will ever beat Michigan or even come close, and this will probably prompt Meyer to run for the announcers' booth again. I'd be willing to bet that he's gone after next year.

For as long as Harbaugh is at Michigan, I doubt that Ohio State will ever beat Michigan or even come close, and this will probably prompt Meyer to run for the announcers' booth again. I'd be willing to bet that he's gone after next year.
This is straight foolish thinking.

^^

Is this that Pitt nutcase Captain OReilley's sockpuppet account? Needs rainbow colored font, question marks, and 30,000 word diarrhea spewings.
Nah, the CAPTAIN ALWAYS TYPES HIS POSTS IN ALL CAPS AND DOESNT USE PUNCTUATION EXCEPT WHEN HE USES MULTIPLE QUESTION MARKS AT THE END OF HIS CATCH PHRASE WHICH IRONICALLY OR MAYBE NOT FOR A PITT GRAD IS NOT ACTUALLY A QUESTION AND THE CAPTAIN ALSO TALKS OUT OF BOTH SIDES OF HIS MOUTH GIVING A COMPLIMENT AND THEN A MINUTE LATER TELLING EVERYONE WHAT HE REALLY THINKS LIKE CALLING FRANKLIN A GREAT RECRUITER BUT THEN SAYING HE CANT COACH AND THE JOEBOTS WILL TIRE OF HIM AND DEMAND HE BE FIRED WE SHALL SEE????????

Nah, the CAPTAIN ALWAYS TYPES HIS POSTS IN ALL CAPS AND DOESNT USE PUNCTUATION EXCEPT WHEN HE USES MULTIPLE QUESTION MARKS AT THE END OF HIS CATCH PHRASE WHICH IRONICALLY OR MAYBE NOT FOR A PITT GRAD IS NOT ACTUALLY A QUESTION AND THE CAPTAIN ALSO TALKS OUT OF BOTH SIDES OF HIS MOUTH GIVING A COMPLIMENT AND THEN A MINUTE LATER TELLING EVERYONE WHAT HE REALLY THINKS LIKE CALLING FRANKLIN A GREAT RECRUITER BUT THEN SAYING HE CANT COACH AND THE JOEBOTS WILL TIRE OF HIM AND DEMAND HE BE FIRED WE SHALL SEE????????

FRANKLIN CLAIMED HE WAS GOING TO "DOMINATE" IN RECRUITING BUT HOW LONG WILL THE JOEBOTS GIVE HIM BEFORE THEY TIRE OF HIS USED CAR SALESMAN ACT? I WAS TALKING TO A OLD PENN STATE FAN THAT I STRUCK UP A CONVERSATION WITH AT THE SUPERMARKET? HE SAID THAT HIS SOURCES ARE TELLING HIM THAT JAY STILL HAS A LOT OF POWER IN THE LASH BIULDING AND THE CULTISTS AREN'T HAPPY WITH 6 POINT WINS OVER ARMY? RECRUITS CAN PLAY EARLIER AT PITT WITH BETTER CHANCE FOR NFL HALL OF FAME AND ALL PRO CAREERS COMING FROM PITT?

dreyfus-eye-twitch-o.gif

Last edited:
The idea that Meyer fears Franklin on the recruiting trail is quite interesting. They have completely different personalities and would think he is concerned just as much with Harbaugh and Dantonio. There are some darn good coaches in this League.

Meyer is in a no win situation. He can't ascend any higher, just like at Florida. I agree he will retire in two - three years as the demands will increase and others will be nipping at his heals.

"Hi Urban? This is Pat Haden, calling from warm and sunny Southern California. Say listen, not sure if you heard, but we may be in the market for a candidate of your caliber. What's that? You have a job? Well, are you absolutely happy there? We feel that a candidate of your caliber can be instrumental in guiding our team to levels it has not seen in a long time. Yes, we do have cheerleaders. Is that important to you? It is? Well, good then - we have some of the best cheerleaders you will ever find. I don't know if they are single...does it matter? Are you? Oh, it doesn't matter? OK.

So listen, we are going to be conducting interviews, and we would like to get you out to meet with some of us. Yes, sure we can send a plane for you. OK, I will make sure we have at least two cheerleaders on the plane. Great! We will see you soon!"

I still like to refer to him by his former name - Grid-Iron-Sage

Reactions: Marshall30
The idea that Meyer fears Franklin on the recruiting trail is quite interesting. They have completely different personalities and would think he is concerned just as much with Harbaugh and Dantonio. There are some darn good coaches in this League.

He's also pretty focused on a guy named Saban at Alabama.....and has been for a decade

O$U has issues and you knew they would with a divided locker room. I do not see them running the table and wouldn't be surprised if they don't make the B1G championship game. Right now, UM is the best in the league but will be tested against an underperforming MSU squad and I see them winning by at least 10 points. Its funny how that Utah vs Michigan game may end up have a significant impact on the championship.
Michigan will crush them in Nov. Mark it down they beat OSU by 3 TD's. Michigan is for real

The Ohio State team is in a complete meltdown. The QB experiment is a complete failure. The locker room is divided and all the players hate each other. The offense can't score and the running game has been fruitless. The defense isn't capable of making plays and Bosa is completely overrated.

Meyer will probably quit after this year.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
The Ohio State team is in a complete meltdown. The QB experiment is a complete failure. The locker room is divided and all the players hate each other. The offense can't score and the running game has been fruitless. The defense isn't capable of making plays and Bosa is completely overrated.

Funny stuff right there!!!

Funny....I was thinking the same thing! Clearly we're doomed.....

ADVERTISEMENT