ADVERTISEMENT

Meyer Shapiro to Cornell

CSauertiegPSU

Staff
Oct 9, 2013
Came down to the Big Red and PSU from my understanding. Really big get for Mike Grey and co. and obviously one PSU really wanted. Eyes are now on Tyler Kasak and should he come to PSU, the two will undoubtedly be compared.

Came down to the Big Red and PSU from my understanding. Really big get for Mike Grey and co. and obviously one PSU really wanted. Eyes are now on Tyler Kasak and should he come to PSU, the two will undoubtedly be compared.

Being a local here I’m gonna guess PSU gets Kasak AND freshman phenom Desmond later on (who’s even better!).. Both studs! I know Cael was in the room over at BECA a few months back. Desmond could be a really good career 125.

I know Nebraska and VT both in running for Kasak as well

I’m intrigued to see what Grey can do with him. The talent is very obvious and the last guy they picked up with a very high ceiling (meaning a legit world level resume) was Yianni and we’ve all seen how that’s turned out

Why would they be compared? They're likely not at the same weight, and as far as we know PSU didn't pick one over the other.

I mean, why don't we say Nasdeo and Perry will undoubtedly be compared to Shapiro? Both committed to PSU ahead of him.

Why would they be compared? They're likely not at the same weight, and as far as we know PSU didn't pick one over the other.

I mean, why don't we say Nasdeo and Perry will undoubtedly be compared to Shapiro? Both committed to PSU ahead of him.
Objection: Argumentative, Your Honor. 😉

Think there's a nonzero chance they both end up at 149/157 though obviously Kasak obviously could be a weight below. If they do it, it's just an interesting storyline to follow. I don't mean it as a knock on either kid.

Got a kick out of the always humorous MSu158 from TheMat fame (he always lets uber PSU homer TBar get under his skin) on HR with some straw men re: Shapiro news:

MSU158

HR All-American

Gobblin said:
I dunno…. Silver lining is he didn’t choose PSU…. Obviously because Cael didn’t want him anyway.
They have the next 4 timer in Van Ness, just ask them. Why would they want Shapiro, just to sit the bench? Even if he went up to 157, Haines is there and he would already be an NCAA Champ this season if he wasn't in High School. Again, just ask them. On top of all that, he couldn't even possibly cut down to 141 with Bartlett there. That just wouldn't make any sense.

There just simply isn't any room at PSU for someone of his caliber, just ask them!

—————————-
My man is losing it

Got a kick out of the always humorous MSu158 from TheMat fame (he always lets uber PSU homer TBar get under his skin) on HR with some straw men re: Shapiro news:

MSU158

HR All-American

They have the next 4 timer in Van Ness, just ask them. Why would they want Shapiro, just to sit the bench? Even if he went up to 157, Haines is there and he would already be an NCAA Champ this season if he wasn't in High School. Again, just ask them. On top of all that, he couldn't even possibly cut down to 141 with Bartlett there. That just wouldn't make any sense.

There just simply isn't any room at PSU for someone of his caliber, just ask them!

—————————-
My man is losing it
Less butthurt at a hemorrhoids convention.

MSU158

HR All-American

—————————-
My man is losing it
Unhinged.

He posted the same exact thing on HR.
Yeah, that’s where I got it. My lead in was poorly-constructed because I was in a hurry.

He posts on HR a lot, but honed his jealous insanity on TheMat.

Just checked - he hadn’t posted this to TheMat yet but he often cuts and pastes his stuff. His funniest posts are early season predictions - always subtly slanted against us - then he tries to worm out of them as it becomes clear we are going to win again. He’s not at the drywall punching stage yet - but he’s getting there

Yeah, that’s where I got it. My lead in was poorly-constructed because I was in a hurry.

He posts on HR a lot, but honed his jealous insanity on TheMat.

Just checked - he hadn’t posted this to TheMat yet but he often cuts and pastes his stuff. His funniest posts are early season predictions - always subtly slanted against us - then he tries to worm out of them as it becomes clear we are going to win again. He’s not at the drywall punching stage yet - but he’s getting there
Underrated is Gobblin's comment that MSU158 replied to.

Hopefully that was sarcasm -- because at face value, it says Iowa got Spencer Lee because Cael didn't want him.

That's too bad, I was really hoping he'd come here but Cornell was the odds on favorite and I guess that never changed.

That's too bad, I was really hoping he'd come here but Cornell was the odds on favorite and I guess that never changed.
I didn't follow his recruitment much and will be honest I didn't think Cornell was in the picture. Of course, I was going off of what Iowa super insider Gobblin was hinting at and that was Shapiro to Iowa.

I didn't follow his recruitment much and will be honest I didn't think Cornell was in the picture. Of course, I was going off of what Iowa super insider Gobblin was hinting at and that was Shapiro to Iowa.
Shapiro made about as much sense at Iowa as a fish sitting on a bicycle

Here’s Gobblin’s thought process: Shapiro wrestles for the same school as Gabe Arnold. Gabe Arnold is going to Iowa. Thus, Iowa is also Shapiro’s “Dream School”

Last edited:

MSU158

HR All-American

—————————-
My man is losing it
He's such a try hard douche.

He's not an insider...he just plays one on the internet.
I know Ironturd and Vodka and MVP and Grip get a lot of play here, but that guy is the epitome of why the HR is so "special." Has so many misses with his "insider" takes - loads of recruiting misses, things like Teasdale is beating AAs in the room, etc., etc. over the years - but is considered a reliable source by many over there. I've never even seen him taken to task on any of his misses over there.

Iowa was not even in the mix haha
LOL - Iowa fans on HR made it sound like it was definitely them but "Yianni swayed him last second" Apparently "Gabe Arnold was going to get him for sure"

Was the Nebraska interest real or was that message board fodder?

What?!?! Would be really interesting to see how it would play out if Bo really does skip high school wrestling to train at a club. I think a lot of top kids are going to do what Meyer and Levi are doing but that’s only 1 year and I think makes complete sense. Will be fun to follow

What?!?! Would be really interesting to see how it would play out if Bo really does skip high school wrestling to train at a club. I think a lot of top kids are going to do what Meyer and Levi are doing but that’s only 1 year and I think makes complete sense. Will be fun to follow
The kids need to take the phone away from their dad.

Well I for one am bummed we missed on him, he is special.

Over the past decade I have been bummed a number of times.

Honestly we can't expect every 17-18 year old to think like we do and to see Cael's program the way we do.

Do I believe with my every fiber that these kids are missing out on maximizing their potential by going anywhere else? Yes I do however incredible their careers might be I do believe they would have been 1% maybe 50% better at PSU.

I look at a Marsteller, a Kemerer, a Marinelli, a Warner, a Martin, a Pletcher and the list goes on and see guys that most likely would have been multi time national champs under Cael, but they all thought they could do it their way. Most will look back with regret at some point in their life.

Yet, until PSU delivers 10 national champs the evidence that excellence exists elsewhere is definitely there. In the end a decade plus doesn't lie.

Gable Stevenson and Yanni are both incredible of not generational. Could Cael have squeezed even more out of them? Without question IMO.

I wish Meyer well, and 20 years from now a Cornell degree may mean the most to him, but no matter how good he gets on the mat, he could have been even better.

Then there is the fact that a lot of kids think they will be different and the wrestling cosmos doesn't apply to them. I would say to the big three recruits at tOSU and Meyer - if they end up getting beat and fall short of their goals. Odds are the hand raised across from them will be doning Blue and White.

Well I for one am bummed we missed on him, he is special.

Over the past decade I have been bummed a number of times.

Honestly we can't expect every 17-18 year old to think like we do and to see Cael's program the way we do.

Do I believe with my every fiber that these kids are missing out on maximizing their potential by going anywhere else? Yes I do however incredible their careers might be I do believe they would have been 1% maybe 50% better at PSU.

I look at a Marsteller, a Kemerer, a Marinelli, a Warner, a Martin, a Pletcher and the list goes on and see guys that most likely would have been multi time national champs under Cael, but they all thought they could do it their way. Most will look back with regret at some point in their life.

Yet, until PSU delivers 10 national champs the evidence that excellence exists elsewhere is definitely there. In the end a decade plus doesn't lie.

Gable Stevenson and Yanni are both incredible of not generational. Could Cael have squeezed even more out of them? Without question IMO.

I wish Meyer well, and 20 years from now a Cornell degree may mean the most to him, but no matter how good he gets on the mat, he could have been even better.

Then there is the fact that a lot of kids think they will be different and the wrestling cosmos doesn't apply to them. I would say to the big three recruits at tOSU and Meyer - if they end up getting beat and fall short of their goals. Odds are the hand raised across from them will be doning Blue and White.
Well put

Reactions: The Kid Twist
I'll take Blair guys over Sem guy any day of the week it's just science.

Honest question… when is the last time either school produced an NCAA champion?

I think it’s Kellen Russell for Blair

has Sem ever had one?

ADVERTISEMENT