ADVERTISEMENT

Meyer Shapiro at Wyoming Seminary

Wittlake bailed on us.
yes, Wittlake bailed on PSU. That is true but I remember Willie telling the story on his show that he committed to Penn St without really even being recruited by us. Apparently Cael had no idea he was committing. So, yes, he bailed on us but at the same time he really was not being recruited heavily either. Also, if I am not mistaken he was projected as a 174 and Cael was strongly recruiting another projected 174 at the time, Brooks.

Reactions: crockster
If that was the case, then all of Cael's recruits would come to PSU. Personally I just don't think Cael is the "slam dunk recruiter" he once was. Look at this past off season with Bouzakis and Mendez on the line. Why wouldn't they go with the "slam dunk" recruitment. Perhaps NLI played a role and that's not gonna work to Cael's favor moving forward. Last year we missed on Figs and Poulin. Wittlake bailed on us. We've got future question marks at weights that need to be addressed. Is Cael filling those question marks with blue chip "slam dunk" recruits? I certainly hope so. That said, I'll be happy if Meyer and/or Mullen choose PSU. And I'm glad Kennedy is here now to help the program.
Part of PSU’s issues, on recruiting, is with 9.9 scholarships and rumors that very few get a full ride. If out of state, PSU is very expensive compared to other options. Depending on the families financial situation, in some cases, PSU could be a very problematic option, financially.

Just heard Shapiro is out for the weekend. He was around a yoga instructor which had Covid. Because he didn’t have his vaccination he is out and has to sit in his room. I guess his dad is really mad. The wrestlers who were vaccinated are good to compete at Ironman this weekend.

This world is getting crazier every day

Reactions: cheddarwurst69
Just heard Shapiro is out for the weekend. He was around a yoga instructor which had Covid. Because he didn’t have his vaccination he is out and has to sit in his room. I guess his dad is really mad. The wrestlers who were vaccinated are good to compete at Ironman this weekend.

My wife was in the class with that instructor!

Shapiro didn't wrestle last weekend either.

So when did this alleged incident occur, or are you making sh** up again?

This is unrealistic. And I'm the guy who has in the past posted a lengthy list of Cael's misses over his entire tenure. If you go after the biggest fish, most will get away. And those 3 guys (Bouzakis, Mendez, and Poulin) aren't Snyder or Lee.

Besides, Cael isn't enough of a slam dunk recruiter but Kennedy gets him across the finish line?

And to pick on the other example above: we lost Wittlake when we gained Brooks. I'll take that trade every day and twice on Sunday.
Just a question on a recent miss not mentioned.
Crookham choosing Lehigh. He beat Howard who was a Sr. (injured ?)as sophomore.
I would think that has to considered a tough miss. PA kid that probably filled a weight in future.

I would think that has to considered a tough miss. PA kid that probably filled a weight in future.
I don't think we had much chance in that one. Kid focused on academics purely (and Santoro obviously is no slouch as a coach) and being close to home. That being said, he's almost certainly a 141/149 ... once again, we're filled at those weights. 2022 had a lot of studs at weights we're pretty set at for a while.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Still think Crookham is going to have a great college career but not sure how hard they recruited him. He’s a 141/149. With Bartlett and Van Ness not much of a need. I remember talking to Crookhams uncle back before he committed and he did tell me Ryan had some interest in PSU but I got a sense he had his eye on Lehigh mostly.

Looking at Willie's preview it shows Kolby Franklin wrestling 285. Did he gain 50lbs or did he loose wrestle offs?

Looking at Willie's preview it shows Kolby Franklin wrestling 285. Did he gain 50lbs or did he loose wrestle offs?
the latter according to the scuttlebutt. ironman has different weights and sem has top 10 guys at 182, 195, and 220 with only 2 spots in that range.

Good eye. Yeah, that seems kinda strange but maybe missing something here. Isn’t he projected at 197 in college ? I’m thinking Hawkeye fans were saying it anyway.

Kids who have winning national championships as their primary wrestling goal go to Penn State and learn to wrestle from Cael, Cody, Casey, Jake and the rest.
Those who rank winning national championships down the list go someplace else.
Agree with the sentiment. Also, many of Cael’s recruits seem to have Olympic gold as their primary wrestling goal.

Figured he wanted the match with Feldman, I’d think he beats their 220 but I could be wrong.

Kids who have winning national championships as their primary wrestling goal go to Penn State and learn to wrestle from Cael, Cody, Casey, Jake and the rest.
Those who rank winning national championships down the list go someplace else.
Another live feed from the BWI Holiday Party when Cael walks in the room

Reactions: cheddarwurst69
Another live feed from the BWI Holiday Party when Cael walks in the room

Live feed from HR, any time.

sL9u9D.gif

No money, forced up a weight, and on top of all that, keeps getting called “Gabe”.

Do not underestimate the power of the Cult. 😉
THEY DO KINDA LOOK ALIKE AND BOTH ARE BUILT LIKE BRICKSH*T HOUSES! We call him Jimmy Dean?

Imagine the possibilities if they got serious about college wrestling.... :)

FGG64LsWUAEd2Fj
This got me curious about the last 5 NCAA tournaments.

PSU - 18
Iowa, tOSU, OSU, Cornell - 4 each
Missouri, NC State, ASU, Rutgers - 2 each
SDSU, NC, ISU, VT, Stanford, Lehigh, Minny, UNI - 1 each

And, quite incredibly, PSU has won titles at each of the 10 weight classes in that time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT