ADVERTISEMENT

Message from Scott

Joe's Entire Statement:

"I am absolutely devastated by the developments in this case. I grieve for the children and their families, and I pray for their comfort and relief.

I have come to work every day for the last 61 years with one clear goal in mind: To serve the best interests of this university and the young men who have been entrusted to my care. I have the same goal today.

That's why I have decided to announce my retirement effective at the end of this season. At this moment the Board of Trustees should not spend a single minute discussing my status. They have far more important matters to address. I want to make this as easy for them as I possibly can.

This is a tragedy. It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more.

My goals now are to keep my commitments to my players and staff and finish the season with dignity and determination. And then I will spend the rest of my life doing everything I can to help this University."

Yeah, I don't think the BOT fired him for that.

For 4+ years, michnittlion has been trying to make that statement something it isn't. He's used every adjective in the book to describe it. Heck, just here he described it as "horrible" and the equivalent of committing career "suicide." Yeah, no hyperbole there. He's intellectually dishonest and that's why you can't engage him in a debate, because he'll simply just change arguments mid-stream.

I think Sue lays a pretty good groundwork for an apology in her Letter to the Players.

We, the Pennsylvania State University Board of Trustees made a rash and irresponsible decision to fire Joe without ever speaking with him, and for that we are eternally sorry.

We regret not doing more in our demands for due process.

We remained hopeful that the investigation we initiated with Mr. Freeh would produce a clear and comprehensive record of what transpired. We also hoped that these investigations would result in an actionable set of lessons that other institutions could use to help prevent similar tragedies from unfolding. Sadly, neither outcome has developed.

We regret not doing more to demand investigations into the Second Mile and other entities by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to produce an actionable set of lessons that other institutions could use to help prevent similar tragedies from unfolding.

When the Freeh report was released in July 2012 the Board's response was to panic again. We embraced the report without reviewing it. We never met with Mr. Freeh or his investigators. We asked no questions and challenged no assertions. Although we never officially voted to accept the report, we endorsed its findings and allowed the NCAA to impose unprecedented sanctions.

We regret not doing more to claim that this ill-considered and rash process served the victims and the university in grave error.

What can we do to show the sincerity of our apology as individuals and as a Board? Is it the return of the statue? Joes’ name on the football stadium? Joe Paterno's legacy wasn't a statue, a winning record or public adulation. Joe was grateful for the many accolades he received but he never believed they defined his life. His legacy is his family and his players.

How we as individuals and a collective on the Board behaved speaks loudly. All that we failed to do - and what we believe we owe the victims, Joe Paterno and everyone who cares about Penn State - is the full record of what happened. On this point, we know we failed to heed Joe’s advice – we gave up. We were afraid. We didn’t do the right thing.

Our legacy is now one of shame, self-interest and betrayal. Our actions never served the greater good. For that, we also apologize not only to the Paterno Family, but to his players, the victims and everyone who cares about Penn State.

http://www.paterno.com/Sues-Letter/default.aspx#.V0XegmYm-Uc

I think Sue lays a pretty good groundwork for an apology in her Letter to the Players.

We, the Pennsylvania State University Board of Trustees made a rash and irresponsible decision to fire Joe without ever speaking with him, and for that we are eternally sorry.

We regret not doing more in our demands for due process.

We remained hopeful that the investigation we initiated with Mr. Freeh would produce a clear and comprehensive record of what transpired. We also hoped that these investigations would result in an actionable set of lessons that other institutions could use to help prevent similar tragedies from unfolding. Sadly, neither outcome has developed.

We regret not doing more to demand investigations into the Second Mile and other entities by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to produce an actionable set of lessons that other institutions could use to help prevent similar tragedies from unfolding.

When the Freeh report was released in July 2012 the Board's response was to panic again. We embraced the report without reviewing it. We never met with Mr. Freeh or his investigators. We asked no questions and challenged no assertions. Although we never officially voted to accept the report, we endorsed its findings and allowed the NCAA to impose unprecedented sanctions.

We regret not doing more to claim that this ill-considered and rash process served the victims and the university in grave error.

What can we do to show the sincerity of our apology as individuals and as a Board? Is it the return of the statue? Joes’ name on the football stadium? Joe Paterno's legacy wasn't a statue, a winning record or public adulation. Joe was grateful for the many accolades he received but he never believed they defined his life. His legacy is his family and his players.

How we as individuals and a collective on the Board behaved speaks loudly. All that we failed to do - and what we believe we owe the victims, Joe Paterno and everyone who cares about Penn State - is the full record of what happened. On this point, we know we failed to heed Joe’s advice – we gave up. We were afraid. We didn’t do the right thing.

Our legacy is now one of shame, self-interest and betrayal. Our actions never served the greater good. For that, we also apologize not only to the Paterno Family, but to his players, the victims and everyone who cares about Penn State.

http://www.paterno.com/Sues-Letter/default.aspx#.V0XegmYm-Uc

The only panic these shit asses on the BoT experienced was a fear of being exposed for the crap they pulled and their only interest being enrichment of themselves, their families and friends.

I see zero tangible evidence of a "bigger issue here."

"Athletic department source" --- someone who, of course, cannot be named.

OK, fair enough. But it means Scott's story has no tangible evidence.

But who knows. Maybe this evidence will "become tangible" when the Paternos' file their eventual direct lawsuit against Penn State.

Are you asking for evidence from Scott that nobody has contacted them about the statue and he is the one blocking it?

How do you show evidence of something that doesn't exist. It would seem to me that the person saying they did contact them would be the one with the evidence. Couldn't scott just hold up a blank piece of paper and say "here is the proof they didn't reach out to us about the statue, see its not on this piece of paper that has been reserved for the BOT to reach out about the statue."

Reactions: Zenophile and Ski
Are you asking for evidence from Scott that nobody has contacted them about the statue and he is the one blocking it?

How do you show evidence of something that doesn't exist. It would seem to me that the person saying they did contact them would be the one with the evidence. Couldn't scott just hold up a blank piece of paper and say "here is the proof they didn't reach out to us about the statue, see its not on this piece of paper that has been reserved for the BOT to reach out about the statue."

Scott himself said an "athletic department source" informed him about what Silvis is (supposedly) doing. That "athletic department source" would be the tangible evidence.

There are days when I screw up something and feel like a real idiot- whether it be a mistake at work, or something at home.

Then, I read one of Michnittlion's posts, and realize that I am not even close to being an idiot. Thanks Michnittlion!

By the way - when I say "one" of your posts, I mean "some".
This is the second time, at least, that you've demonstrated a firm knowledge of existential quantification. It is fitting that it is in reference to "The Count."

Scott himself said an "athletic department source" informed him about what Silvis is (supposedly) doing. That "athletic department source" would be the tangible evidence.

No that is not what he said. He said he mom was told that PSU wanted to put the statue back up but scott was blocking it.

It wasn't athletic source who fingered Paul. Its the boat loads of alumns who Paul has told this too while trying to solicit donations.

Obviously a lie. Nobody at Penn State has been able to block in years.

Neil_deGrasse_Tyson_drops_the-6b234a52dcaa365da9c2fb61ad90a26a.gif

Internet=won

Joe Paterno's statement on Wednesday morning (the one where he said the BOT should not "spend a single minute discussing (his) status") was horrible. A form of suicide. Joe frankly deserved to get fired for that alone. Publicly spitting in your bosses' faces is not wise.

Part of Scott's problem --- he will refuse to admit his own errors. I'd say it's 85% likely that Scott had a significant role in writing that statement.
You're a turd and so are your OGBOT puppet masters. Go hang with your buddies 666 and Akron Lion.

Joe Paterno's statement on Wednesday morning (the one where he said the BOT should not "spend a single minute discussing (his) status") was horrible. A form of suicide. Joe frankly deserved to get fired for that alone. Publicly spitting in your bosses' faces is not wise.

Part of Scott's problem --- he will refuse to admit his own errors. I'd say it's 85% likely that Scott had a significant role in writing that statement.

Nice try. The board had already leaked its intention to fire Joe to the New York Times before that letter was released. The letter had absolutely nothing to do with the board's actions.

I hope Scott's tweets first travel through Wick's computer and it is WICK who actually hits the enter button. Wishful thinking I know.

Reactions: Dr. Evel
No it was not. His statement was fine and the BoT didn't fire him because of that. They fired him because they wanted this all to go away...PERIOD.
His statement overplayed a very weak hand at the time. I am not defending the BoT in the least, but that release was ill-considered. Fortunately, the Paterno family turned to Wick Sollers to speak for them. Jay, too, has done a good job in the wake of Joe's passing.

There are days when I screw up something and feel like a real idiot- whether it be a mistake at work, or something at home.

Then, I read one of Michnittlion's posts, and realize that I am not even close to being an idiot. Thanks Michnittlion!

By the way - when I say "one" of your posts, I mean "some".
Ro, you deserve some kudos for this post.

His bosses? I thought he ran The University, and, therefore, knew everything that was going on.

Michnit, you sound a lot like Paul Silvis when you make these kinds of remarks. You also, like Paul, understand that Joe was not spiting his bosses but in fact have given them a runway to move the narrative down a better path for PSU. It's unfortunate that they were too committed to "their" narratives and agendas to understand this simple yet obvious thing. Even today Paul still thinks that Joe was trying to tell the BOT what they should do ... a conclusion only a very small and insecure person would make.

Dear Sue,

We apologize for firing your late husband over the phone back in November 2011. That was incredibly poor form: that news should have been delivered in a face-to-face conversation. We definitely could have waited until 10 AM Thursday instead of rushing to announce the news at 10 PM Wednesday, thus ensuring that face-to-face conversation had occurred.

We know this is years after the actual action, but we do feel the need to formally apologize for such.

Sincerely,

November 2011 Penn State Board of Trustees.

------------------

If that happened, would Sue/Scott accept?
You must lay awake at night, fomenting with such delusional tripe.

Last edited:
Michnit, you sound a lot like Paul Silvis when you make these kinds of remarks. You also, like Paul, understand that Joe was not spiting his bosses but in fact have given them a runway to move the narrative down a better path for PSU. It's unfortunate that they were too committed to "their" narratives and agendas to understand this simple yet obvious thing. Even today Paul still thinks that Joe was trying to tell the BOT what they should do ... a conclusion only a very small and insecure person would make.

I believe the evidence shows that they deliberately pretend to misunderstand Joe's intent. When this was pointed out to Suhey, who was forced to acknowledge that Joe was always a by-the-book man, he resorted to Frazier's *something worse* meme. Despicable people and Silvis is nothing but a putrid coward.

It's not bad when you don't take it out of context. So he should get fired for being humble and telling the board they had more important things to worry about than a coaching position and they needed their time to work on helping the university? Boy, what a horrible man to actually put the university ahead of himself.

Michy is back out of the hole I see. .... that is a bunch of BS

How you read that as 'spitting in his bosses faces....' is simply beyond comprehension.

You got some issues Michy

I told you this before and I'll tell you again - Joe is the only one we know for sure who did exactly what he should have - by continuing to keep the focus on him you (and anyone who thinks like you) only serve to put more children in harm's way.

So if you truly care about the children - put the focus where it belongs!!

Michy is back out of the hole I see. .... that is a bunch of BS

How you read that as 'spitting in his bosses faces....' is simply beyond comprehension.

You got some issues Michy

I told you this before and I'll tell you again - Joe is the only one we know for sure who did exactly what he should have - by continuing to keep the focus on him you (and anyone who thinks like you) only serve to put more children in harm's way.

So if you truly care about the children - put the focus where it belongs!!

The turd was whining because I beat up his imbecile pals on the Wolv, most of whom are Pitt goofballs trying to disguise themselves as Mich "fans".

He needs to go fan his ass.

Dear Sue,

We apologize for firing your late husband over the phone back in November 2011. That was incredibly poor form: that news should have been delivered in a face-to-face conversation. We definitely could have waited until 10 AM Thursday instead of rushing to announce the news at 10 PM Wednesday, thus ensuring that face-to-face conversation had occurred.

We know this is years after the actual action, but we do feel the need to formally apologize for such.

Sincerely,

November 2011 Penn State Board of Trustees.

------------------

If that happened, would Sue/Scott accept?

Corner_Dumb_Ass.jpg~c200

It's likely that MichNitt and Elmo and others are all the same guy. One comes, the other leaves. How convenient.

The pile of crap splits his time between the Wolv and Liar when he isn't trolling here. Total turd.

I was hoping the wet fart was dumped from here.

The pile of crap splits his time between the Wolv and Liar when he isn't trolling here. Total turd.

I was hoping the wet fart was dumped from here.

crap, turd, wet fart, dump(ed). Methinks there's a theme.

"Coach" Silvis is a vile person. One of the three PSU men charged (C-S-S) told me the following anecdote. This happened a while back before the main charges were dismissed. He was at a State College area event when PS walks up to him. PS says "you know, none of us believe the Freeh report." PS then complains and whines about how difficult it is to be a trustee in the post-Sandusky era. Talk about a thoughtless, self-absorbed horse's @ss.

"Coach" Silvis is a vile person. One of the three PSU men charged (C-S-S) told me the following anecdote. This happened a while back before the main charges were dismissed. He was at a State College area event when PS walks up to him. PS says "you know, none of us believe the Freeh report." PS then complains and whines about how difficult it is to be a trustee in the post-Sandusky era. Talk about a thoughtless, self-absorbed horse's @ss.
I'll bet it is difficult. It would serve us right if they all just up and resigned,:p

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT