ADVERTISEMENT

Men's Olympic Freestyle Thread

Dan could use this downtime waiting to see whether Dubov pulls him back in to go off and vandalize a gas station so NBC will pay attention to wrestling in prime time.

post all comments about the bouts, results, etc. from men's FS at the Olympics in this thread

Burroughs unspectacular in opener, but Guduev also forced to go the distance.

Dan Dennis got wrecked by Dubov on four gut wrenches. Match looked like what Dennis did to Ramos to get here in the first place.

this sport is brutal emotionally. Train all your life. Train like hell to qualify. Train like a mad men for the main event and in literally a blink of an eye your tournament and maybe your career is over.

fingers crossed he gets pulled back in!

Is it me or did JB look sluggish at the end of his match?

this sport is brutal emotionally. Train all your life. Train like hell to qualify. Train like a mad men for the main event and in literally a blink of an eye your tournament and maybe your career is over.

fingers crossed he gets pulled back in!

Is it me or did JB look sluggish at the end of his match?
Definitely huffing and puffing. I'm worried about Gedeuv.

Tony Ramos' reaction:

0aea75bd01dd3d20559aee906b3c84a9.jpg

I only get Mat B, but Takatani from JPN is turnt after getting a head pinch to win it. France challenging. Sick.

BBC: IF THERE'S WRESTLING GOING ON ON OTHER MATS, WHY AM I SEEING PAN-SHOTS OF THE CROWD?!

Also, that Swedish girl could marry me. I'm boutta get into exotic women.

I wish I could get any feed but the stupid website just sends me in a constant loop as I click on the links. Very frustrating.

Dubov wins, keeping Dennis alive, for the time being.

These Nikes are hideous. Whoever signed off on these should be fired.

Dubov keeps Dan Dennis alive with a fall, which I think should've been called a tech before that, 10-0 was on the board. Dennis needs Dubov to win again to get pulled back in.

Mat A has Kinchegashvili vs Aliyev now, followed by Lebedev vs Rahimi, and Burroughs vs Geduev after that.

Higuchi of JPN takes out Bonne Rodriguez of CUB in an upset in the quarters.

Rahimi beats Lebedev, bringing justice to the world.

Chippy opening, Guduev going to the front headlock twice now. Two blood timeouts for JB.

rut roah shaggy. I just have a bad feeling that the Russian is in his head.

Reactions: tikk10
down 0-3 and now blood time again for JB. JB looks gassed and russian looks solid.

JB in a on single but couldnt convert 20 secs left.

gets td with 10 secs. for JB and thats not enough

bad day for USA.

Takatani gets a taste of his own medicine.

Techhnically, Burroughs and Dennis still alive for bronze, 21.

Between my choppy feed and Hillary Clinton ads every 5 minutes, I have about 15 minutes of this in me.

Burroughs never got to his offense. Some people will complain that the ref put him on the clock early, which is definitely true, but he didn't deserve the win so it's not really an excuse.

Almost looked like Burroughs knew he didn't have it today...........well, credit to the Russian. He's really good.

ADVERTISEMENT