ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s BB vs Bucknell game thread

PSU up 20-11 with 11 minutes left in the half. Watkins is eating them up inside.

31-27 PSU with just under 6 minutes left in the half. Bucknell starting to pound it inside and is finding success.

45-42 PSU at the half. I get yelled at for ever being negative about the basketball team or Chambers, so I won’t say anything other than our defense looks terrible and that’s unusual.

45-42 PSU at the half. I get yelled at for ever being negative about the basketball team or Chambers, so I won’t say anything other than our defense looks terrible and that’s unusual.
Pat Chambers is a lucky guy. PSU has low expectations.Therefore, a coach with a career conference record of 45-101 (.301) still has a job. And you know what? Who cares? The men's BB program at Penn State is an afterthought around here. Just go deep in the NIT every once in a while. That's good enough.

Reactions: Kiber
It looks like our players are trying to do high jumps every time a Bucknell player gives them a head fake.
Leaving their feet on defense has been a problem since Chambers has been here.

Pat Chambers is a lucky guy. PSU has low expectations.Therefore, a coach with a career conference record of 45-101 (.301) still has a job. And you know what? Who cares? The men's BB program at Penn State is an afterthought around here. Just go deep in the NIT every once in a while. That's good enough.

Guys, stifle it. We aren’t allowed to be negative regarding Chambers. Trust the process.

:eek:

Guys, stifle it. We aren’t allowed to be negative regarding Chambers. Trust the process.

:eek:
I'm totally neutral Bob. His record is a fact. It doesn't matter. Those who say that a new coach wouldn't matter much are probably right.

PSU with an 8-0 run to start the second half...or should I say Stevens with an 8-0 run...53-42.

80-66 with 7 minutes left. They took Stevens out and things went a bit down hill.

94-70 with about 3 minutes left...PSU just mauled them in the second half. Stevens was ridiculously good and Watkins was a man.

Doing what you expect them to do against Bucknell. In the past, it was not so certain. Good win! Who next?

It's a problem now in all of basketball as everyone thinks they should try and block every shot.
That's why so many fouls and offensive rebounds

Reactions: bdgan
Watkins is the key to this team's success. He plays with energy and enthusiasm, like he did tonight, and this team can be pretty darn good.

Reactions: DeLionNc
Watkins is the key to this team's success. He plays with energy and enthusiasm, like he did tonight, and this team can be pretty darn good.

He is actually fit for the first time since... maybe ever? He ran the court tonight like an NBA big man. It was fun to see. Can not say it makes comfortable to trust him given his history, but if he has figured some things out this team could be really good. Having shooters who can actually make threes is huge as well. This team has the talent to finish in the top five of the conference and, of course, make the tournament. We shall see.

Bucknell hung around in the first half with some timely shooting. PSU dominated the 2nd half. Next

Bucknell hung around in the first half with some timely shooting. PSU dominated the 2nd half. Next
The defense wasn't good. Didn't get back and didn't box out. Bucknell just didn't have the size or athleticism to keep up.

Wheeler finishing at the hoop was a good sign.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT