ADVERTISEMENT

Meanwhile, WBB is losing to Cedarville, Cedar....who?

https://www.cedarville.edu/

Cedarville University is equipping 3,963 Christian undergraduate, graduate, and online students for godly service, vocational distinction, and cultural engagement. Offering more than 130 programs of study, all from a distinctly biblical worldview, Cedarville is recognized nationally for its authentic Christian community, rigorous academic programs, strong graduation and retention rates, accredited professional and health science offerings, and leading student satisfaction ratings.

I think Mack_Daddy is considering Cedarville for graduate school in light of its "distinctly biblical worldview."

Seriously. PSU just lost to Cedarville at home. I'm not joking. Cedarville 59 PSU 53.

Last edited:
He needs to.

Not to worry. If he doesn't then it'll be yet another year of the "they are just 1 year away.....recruiting in Philly is really picking up....he needs another year" mantra. ;)

Not to worry. If he doesn't then it'll be yet another year of the "they are just 1 year away.....recruiting in Philly is really picking up....he needs another year" mantra. ;)

Won't have any more excuses. He will live or die with the 2016 class. they are winners and I think he will really surprise this year.

Yup. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Chambers is a great guy, and I really want to see him do well. However, if he does not get to the NIT this season (the ncaa tournarment is highly unlikely), I think sandy has to make a change. Yes, Chambers is starting to make in-roads in Philly, but it's high time to see positive results. There's also nothing to say that the next guy could not recruit in Philly.

Yup. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Chambers is a great guy, and I really want to see him do well. However, if he does not get to the NIT this season (the ncaa tournarment is highly unlikely), I think sandy has to make a change. Yes, Chambers is starting to make in-roads in Philly, but it's high time to see positive results. There's also nothing to say that the next guy could not recruit in Philly.

Your expectation is too low. Chambers should have been in the NIT last year, didn't do it, and is down to pretty much his last chance. He needs to go to the NCAA this year. He has the talent to do it.

I agree. I think expecting an NIT appearance this year is not unreasonable. Eventually you need to see steps in the right direction.

I agree. I think expecting an NIT appearance this year is not unreasonable. Eventually you need to see steps in the right direction.

If he doesn't even make the NIT, he's fired the next day. At this point, there's little doubt about that. Even under the old regime, our MBB coaches would have been fired after seven years without an NIT. I think the question is whether he gets fired if he makes only the NIT instead of the NCAA. I think if they are at least a "bubble team" for the NCAA, he survives into year eight. Obviously he stays if they make the NCAA outright. If he barely slides into the NIT I think he's out

Reactions: psu00
Exhibition, but still... WBB ceased being a perennial power ten years ago with the Washington hire. Used Penn State to build up a comfy retirement plan with our NLC donations. Why is she still coaching here?

Exhibition, but still... WBB ceased being a perennial power ten years ago with the Washington hire. Used Penn State to build up a comfy retirement plan with our NLC donations. Why is she still coaching here?
She won three consecutive B1G titles during that span

Your expectation is too low. Chambers should have been in the NIT last year, didn't do it, and is down to pretty much his last chance. He needs to go to the NCAA this year. He has the talent to do it.

I'd be stunned if he got the the ncaa tournament this year. It would be great, but I'd be stunned.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
I'd be stunned if he got the the ncaa tournament this year. It would be great, but I'd be stunned.

Honestly I would not be surprised at all, and I think it should be the expectation. What I saw last year was talent/potential in a greater quantity than we've ever had - and all underclassmen. I would not be surprised if this is a top 25 team at some point during this season. I think the 2016 incoming class really are winners and I don't see them failing. The only class was remotely comparable in the last 15 years was the 2007 incoming class, who won the NIT in their sophomore year, and the 2016 class is way more talented than that one. I know that many do not see it this way. But to me Chambers succeeded when he got that class. His challenge will be volatile success for a few years (i.e., ups and downs when players graduate - unless he can get a steady recruiting pipeline going). DeChellis almost succeeded but never overcame the volatility. The 2009-10 season ended his chances.

She won three consecutive B1G titles during that span

Yes, she did win three conference titles. But we missed out on the NCAA's more than we made them during her tenure. Under Portland, there were only a few times we missed the tournament in what, 25 years? The program has regressed instead of stepping forward.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Yes, she did win three conference titles. But we missed out on the NCAA's more than we made them during her tenure. Under Portland, there were only a few times we missed the tournament in what, 25 years? The program has regressed instead of stepping forward.
Yeah. I guess one problem is that not many people really care, and she has arguably been fine. You can say we regressed but you can also say she won 3 of the last 6 B1G titles and won 20 games last year. I guess the school could fire her, but what's the point? To me the test would be whether the players like her. if they do, it would be a waste of time to change coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT