ADVERTISEMENT

McQueary vs PSU(BOT): Opening statements to be heard today (Monday, 10/17/2016)

Ever walk in and see a similar thing going on? I doubt it.

Similar... yes, exactly the same... no one can say that. I see the point of your post was to completely avoid the fact that it wasn't a "stressful" situation. I don't think you really understand what stress is. We aren't talking about running in to a burning high rise to rescue a kitten. We are talking about blowing out a match. The fact that you question how you would react tells us all we need to know about you.

People need to separate what MM did when he actually witnessed the event from what he did in the hours and days afterwards. I do think most all of us would be so shocked and upset at what we saw that none of us can truly say what we would have done in the moment. Everyone would like to think they would have the clear mind to intervene and worry about everything else later - but that simply is not human nature.

Now, what MM did afterwards is a whole other matter. The idiots that "advised" him (and unfortunately one of them was his father) let him down in a major way it appears. But in the end, it was still up to MM to decide what to do given what he saw, no one could ultimately advise him of that. He did what he did on his own. Period.

People need to separate what MM did when he actually witnessed the event from what he did in the hours and days afterwards. I do think most all of us would be so shocked and upset at what we saw that none of us can truly say what we would have done in the moment. Everyone would like to think they would have the clear mind to intervene and worry about everything else later - but that simply is not human nature.

Now, what MM did afterwards is a whole other matter. The idiots that "advised" him (and unfortunately one of them was his father) let him down in a major way it appears. But in the end, it was still up to MM to decide what to do given what he saw, no one could ultimately advise him of that. He did what he did on his own. Period.
LOL! No one "let him down". What do you mean "given what he saw"? He said in the trial he really didn't see anything.

If only Mike would have waited in his car, maybe followed JS to see where he took the kid if he was too shocked to confront JS. I suppose that thought never entered his little mind, you know, the one that was predisposed to a picture of a player getting it on with his girl in the showers.

If only Mike would have waited in his car, maybe followed JS to see where he took the kid if he was too shocked to confront JS. I suppose that thought never entered his little mind, you know, the one that was predisposed to a picture of a player getting it on with his girl in the showers.
This idea bears a dangerous resemblance to vigilante justice.

And there it is in black and white.
I have to do this real fast because I have a lot to do today.

First, Zenophile I see that you have become a follower of mine. Good move! You will learn a lot.

Second, addressing the issue you raise, the Penn State cover up continued until 2011. Victim 6 was molested in 1998 and PSU knew about it then. That's already more than a decade.

Now Victim 6 apparently received one of the largest settlements. In order to get meaningful bucks he would have had to have evidence that PSU had notice of Sandusky's pedophilia. It appears that the previous victims that are known of were in the late 80s.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...52f5a6-4853-11e6-90a8-fb84201e0645_story.html

So that puts as more than two decades, hence decades.

Oh, and PPB is full of crap.

First, Zenophile I see that you have become a follower of mine. Good move! You will learn a lot.

Second, addressing the issue you raise, the Penn State cover up continued until 2011. Victim 6 was molested in 1998 and PSU knew about it then. That's already more than a decade.

Now Victim 6 apparently received one of the largest settlements. In order to get meaningful bucks he would have had to have evidence that PSU had notice of Sandusky's pedophilia. It appears that the previous victims that are known of were in the late 80s.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...52f5a6-4853-11e6-90a8-fb84201e0645_story.html

Ahh yes, the ambulance chaser's two favorite tools: 20-20 hindsight and selective amnesia.

So, in summary, it's been some decades. Sounds about right.

And this isn't the only forum in which you and I have "exchanged ideas".
8570757c45928151fd02847c5d64e36b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TenerHallTerror

Good Grief

Weak effort CDW

What a pile of crap.......not even worthy of your typical level of "circle-Jerk"

Second, addressing the issue you raise, the Penn State cover up continued until 2011. Victim 6 was molested in 1998 and PSU knew about it then.[Yes, let's ignore the fact that this was reported to law enforcement, which did not file any charges. In other words, PSU "knew about" nothing. Your clock starting in 1998 is total BS] That's already more than a decade.

Now Victim 6 apparently received one of the largest settlements. In order to get meaningful bucks he would have had to have evidence that PSU had notice of Sandusky's pedophilia.[Let's also ignore the fact that PSU all but put out an ad saying: "If you are between the ages of X and Y, and tell us Sandusky molested you at any time, we will pay you millions. No proof required."] It appears that the previous victims that are known of were in the late 80s.

So that puts as more than two decades, hence decades.[Your entire argument is BS. Kudos for staking out a ridiculous position five years ago and stubbornly refusing to move off of it despite all evidence to the contrary. You have "sticktoitiveness," but that's not always a good thing.]

Oh, and YOU ARE full of crap.

CDW3333 said:
Second, addressing the issue you raise, the Penn State cover up continued until 2011.

I guess as a 70's truther, you missed that JS was investigated and cleared by the professionals in 1998, and 2001 was reported outside the university (at least) to his boss, a mandated reporter at TSM.

Since we know from Frank Fina that JVP wasn't involved in a cover up, how can there be any cover up at all without "the most powerful man in the state" involved?

Citing any media outlet, but particularly the WP, seriously undermines your credibility.

Hopefully CDW has one of those vehicles that senses the car in front slowing down and begins the braking process. Sometimes the ambulance in front has to stop quickly.

Actually hopefully he doesn't have one of those vehicles....

I guess as a 70's truther, you missed that JS was investigated and cleared by the professionals in 1998, and 2001 was reported outside the university (at least) to his boss, a mandated reporter at TSM.

Since we know from Frank Fina that JVP wasn't involved in a cover up, how can there be any cover up at all without "the most powerful man in the state" involved?
Oh, and YOU ARE full of crap.

But you've gottta admire the linguistic gymnastics routine he put together in order to back away from the 70's Truther stuff.
Kinda reminds me of another (now infamous) doggedly obtuse post.

Last edited:

My God CDW3333.....if nothing else your dedication to astroturfing misinformation about all of this is impressive. As I stated previously....cash your checks fast!!!

Citing the Washington Post for ANYTHING here is dumb....they are one of the major player in the deception of the public on the Sandusky Scandal. Please also CHECK THE DATE of the article. Check the date when those who "accused" Sandusky abused them and they directly told Joe Paterno - they are all 20+ years in the past AND YET the legal "testimony" concerning these abuses were AFTER Penn State stated pay out indiscriminately Sandusky's "victims". CHECK OUT THEIR LAWYERS!!! No possible issues there......got to be "factual" !!! SURE!!!!

Core point is...NONE of your "facts" go beyond "accusations" and passing them off as "truths" is what you are best at...misinformation!! Per your EXAMPLE: Victim #6 - 1998 - was fully vetted LEGALLY - how do you get that they "knew about Sandusky" from that??? If you have an auto accident where you in a court of law were judged "not guilty" of any wrongdoing, can in another fender-bender get people to believe that you are a reckless driver because of a previous accident (when it is a known fact that you were not at fault for that previous accident)???

Key issue that the "spinners" of this illusion have relied on is that this entire matter depend entirely on the public abandoning core legal rights and concepts - "innocent until proven guilty" and fundamental legal, constitutional rights. The "case" that you say makes the public "Story" so compellingly is based upon applying the laws selectively to protect the "Story" and then abandoning core legal principals designed to balance the scales of justice to anyone who the "Story" names as a scapegoat. Forget the quality of the accusations...ignore the inappropriate legalities involved...just ignore the fact that justice requires TRUTH...not conjecture!

The illusion of a "Conspiracy of Silence" "known for years" by PSU - a cornerstone of the public "Story" which you so vehemently support - is only promoted and made "fact" by the "Freeh Report" - an $8.5M document which from its own "research" can not support its own summary message. - a message so OBVIOUSLY FICTITIOUS that it is now an "opinion".

I'll put in terms even your twisted, misinformed mind can comprehend....The entire case against Penn State and Paterno is based on selling the public on the "worst case" in a large number of possible scenarios. These "worse case" scenarios are the MOST UNLIKELY ones possible based upon the surrounding actions taken by the accused actors. Yet you insist that the LEAST LIKELY "worst case" scenarios are "proof" that what was publicly promoted by information contained in the PA Grand Jury Presentment document are real!! GROW UP!!!

The GJP document and the "legal trial" which "convicted" Sandusky were preordained by a corrupted legal process, a tainted evidence pool and a tainted jury pool. And then, the bizarre actions of the PSU BOT were "justified" by the media firestorm that fed off the misinformation that surrounded Sandusky. No political collusion here?????

Media misinformation which was "machined to fit" by a corrupt OAG and an influence (or controlled) corrupted court system is what you want to continue to promote.

However, the emerging facts just don't support the "Story" anymore! So...if you want to continue your crusade for misinformation, looks like your going to find other old articles from different corrupt misinformation sources. Have you tries some old NYT or ESPN items????

If more real and reasonable information is exposed, I suspect that soon even you can't be stupid enough to believe the public "Story" about all of this.

Last edited:
To date there has been no evidence of a cover up. A F--k up f

Has that trial occurred yet? I'm not sure I have ever heard the accused side of the story. I guess if you only listen to one side of an argument, it's pretty easy to jump to those conclusions. I mean this has some real meaning to you apparently, but you now claim as fact who knew what and when. You claim you know what was said and when. Yet none of the accused or Joe ever have been proven in a court of law of an active cover up. It's almost as if you need that narrative to fit for some reason. I've waited this long so I can wait a little while longer.

Weak attempt at deflection counselor. You've left many clues on this board over the years many of which are contained in the BWI archives and easily found using the Advanced Search feature.
  • Your prior acknowledgement that you have lived in Houston since the 80's aligns with your law school graduation
  • Your descriptions of your house and neighborhood match publicly-available records
  • Your prior acknowledgement that your parents were British aligns with your last name
  • You recently made an interesting and informative post regarding your son and your son's father-in-law regarding how much you suspected he earned as an "oil company executive". With a bit of searching, the information you shared was easily validated, but it I won't share it with this board.
The only real question, is why why are you here on this board and so pre-occupied with PSU, especially since you never attended PSU?

Lastly, isn't there something else that you want to share with this board? If you want "it" to be successful, you're going to need to advertise/pump "it". There's no better place than this board for doing so. ;)

Last edited:
Legion of Lions, that was one of the better summaries, and refutations of CDW-type logic that I've seen here.

**post #463 in this thread, for reference.

Or, his attorney was one of those who requested access to the Freeh report documentation.

I'm the morally superior one? You guys are the ones who want McQueary to be the super hero, riding in on a white horse to manhandle Sandusky in the shower. That's acting morally superior. I'm simply saying he acted like most people would in a completely bizarre scenario in which they were woefully unprepared to handle.

His reaction is only understandable if he wasn't sure about what he saw. If that's the case, you're confused. You're like, "Whoa, did I really see what I think that I just saw?"

But Mike's claiming that he was sure about what he witnessed, and that he made it clear to other people that he was certain that he had witnessed a sexual assault.

In that case, "most people" would not call their daddy instead of the police, and I am 100% sure that if I had done that my dad would have said, "Why the hell do you call me? Hang up and call 911."

It is impossible to reconcile Mike's actions -- and the advice given by John McQueary and Dranov -- with the story that he's telling. It is crazy far outside the bounds of what "most people" would do. It's only explainable if he wasn't sure about what he'd seen.

Did Mike McQueary throw a TD pass in the waning seconds of the 1995 game between Penn State and Rutgers so that Penn State would cover the 20 point spread 59-34. MM was known to have bet on Penn State games when he was a player. This could be a reason why he not received any job prospects lately in his chosen profession as a football coach.

http://notpsu.blogspot.com.tr/2016/10/mike-mcquearys-bad-habits-and-job-search.html?m=1

I think you're wrong. I think Mike, along with the others, acted in a completely reasonable manner in 2001. What he did after the cops tracked him down is another matter.

Since the content of the above CDW post resembles a Dean Martin Comedy Hour, a song:

Last edited:
Weak attempt at deflection counselor. You've left many clues on this board over the years many of which are contained in the BWI archives and easily found using the Advanced Search feature.
  • Your prior acknowledgement that you have lived in Houston since the 80's aligns with your law school graduation
  • Your descriptions of your house and neighborhood match publicly-available records
  • Your prior acknowledgement that your parents were British aligns with your last name
  • You recently made an interesting and informative post regarding your son and your son's father-in-law regarding how much you suspected he earned as an "oil company executive". With a bit of searching, the information you shared was easily validated, but it I won't share it with this board.
The only real question, is why why are you here on this board and so pre-occupied with PSU, especially since you never attended PSU?

Lastly, isn't there something else that you want to share with this board? If you want "it" to be successful, you're going to need to advertise/pump "it". There's no better place than this board for doing so. ;)

When he typed "I have to do this fast...." I thought you nailed it. He wanted to get out a last word before he got "out of dodge."
I am pretty thick-headed, and you've been generous with the clues, so can you clue us to the "it" you reference in your last paragraph?

Reactions: Zenophile
I think you're wrong. I think Mike, along with the others, acted in a completely reasonable manner in 2001. What he did after the cops tracked him down is another matter.

When viewed in hindsight, they all acted reasonably. The problem is many people refuse to view this incident in hindsight for a variety of reasons (most of which are self-serving). What's patently absurd is the notion that any of these men believed categorically that Sandusky was abusing children and let it go on without some mechanism of control. That scenario didn't even take place in the church scandals.

When viewed in hindsight, they all acted reasonably. The problem is many people refuse to view this incident in hindsight for a variety of reasons (most of which are self-serving). What's patently absurd is the notion that any of these men believed categorically that Sandusky was abusing children and let it go on without some mechanism of control. That scenario didn't even take place in the church scandals.

But...but..but...it helped them win footballs games.

Or some other such nonsense.

When he typed "I have to do this fast...." I thought you nailed it. He wanted to get out a last word before he got "out of dodge."
I am pretty thick-headed, and you've been generous with the clues, so can you clue us to the "it" you reference in your last paragraph?
The "it" ball is in Cdw3333's hands. I'm hoping he shares with this board what I mean by "it". It would be in his best interest to do so.

But...but..but...it helped them win footballs games.

Or some other such nonsense.

Let's say that was a motivation (however absurd that is), the mechanism of control is still missing. Where is the hush money, detailed instructions to keep quiet, etc? Bob Costas has repeatedly made this point publicly to no avail. Then again he is one of the few more intelligent sports personalities out there.

Well you'd better stop laughing because by definition of the Clery Act, Paterno was most definitely a Campus Security Authority. That's one of the reasons that PSU is going to get nailed with a huge fine by the Feds. PSU, like most, if not all, universities was extremely woeful in their implementation of Clery Act procedures. They hadn't really trained the people that they should have (that has since been remedied).

Here's the most recent description of Campus Security Authorities (note the emboldened line item about coaches)

Examples of individuals whose positions should be assessed because they probably meet the criteria for being campus security authorities include (this list is expanded from the list in the new ED handbook, to provide more context):

• Professional staff in a dean of students office, including leaders in student affairs and housing
  • Staff in the student center or student union building
  • Staff in the student activities office (handling extracurricular activities)
  • Faculty or staff advisors to student organizations
  • Resident assistants/advisors; resident and/or community directors
  • Students who monitor access to dormitories or other facilities
  • Coordinator of Greek affairs (or related positions)
  • Athletic directors (ADs) and coaches (including assistant ADs and assistant coaches)
  • Contract security officers
  • Event security staff
  • Administrators at branch/satellite/separate campuses
  • A physician in a campus health center, a counselor in a campus counseling center, or a victim advocate in a campus rape crisis center if they are identified by your school as someone to whom crimes should be reported or if they have significant responsibility for student and campus activities
Clearly, that includes Paterno.
but doesn't clery act relate to reporting crimes. If someone came to me and said I saw Jerry Sandusky in the shower with a boy - knowing that the shower was a community shower and that Sandusky and others at PSU often showered with boys - I wouldn't think that a criminal act had been committed. Remember the mother that reported Sandusky in 1998 for the same thing, and the authorities determined that no crime had been committed.

Reactions: jansmuts
Let's say that was a motivation (however absurd that is), the mechanism of control is still missing. Where is the hush money, detailed instructions to keep quiet, etc? Bob Costas has repeatedly made this point publicly to no avail. Then again he is one of the few more intelligent sports personalities out there.
Costas is a stand-up guy. Another good Syracuse man.

ADVERTISEMENT