ADVERTISEMENT

McMurphy: Text messages show Urban Meyer knew in 2015 of domestic abuse allegations

Ohio State fan

Beavis
60 MINUTES AGO

no. i'm standing on the "this woman has no right to attack meyer - who did NOTHING to her - he11, she had plenty of opportunity to prosecute her husband and DID NOT DO IT". that's all that needs to be said. and now this vindictive loonybin is taking interviews to get her 15 seconds of fame??? LMAO.

It looks like OSU has been VERY lucky that their recivers coach did not kill his wife and/or somebody else after the 2015 event. Had Smith killed his wife (ex-wife) I do not know how the Meyer family washes that blood off their hands.

Keep in mind that these were Earle Bruce's great grandchildren. Have I got that right?

Ohio State may claim that "there is no PROOF Meyer knew!!!".

I don't know many third parties who are going to believe that...

Gonna be interesting to see how tOSU's female student body (and activists) reacts. Will be interesting to see if they put tOSU football over their social values.

a-million-women-rise!-together-we-can-end-male-violence!-a-protest-FK1R5W.jpg

They will have to add to the "Real Life Wednesday" curriculum. Domestic Abuse and other General Coverups.

Any evidence that Meyer knew? No. For all that he's done to that school and football program he deserves to stay as head football coach.

Any evidence that Meyer knew? No. For all that he's done to that school and football program he deserves to stay as head football coach.
You're right, they say the Husband is always the last to know.

He either knew and should get fired, or he didn’t know and should get divorced for his wife not telling him.

The preponderance of the public evidence is that Meyer knew. To believe otherwise, you'd have to believe 1) his own wife never told him 2) none of the other wives told their husbands who in turn didn't tell Meyer anything 3) journalists knew but Meyer didn't 4) local law enforcement knew but Meyer didn't.

Meyer's only defense is that there's no admission of his own that he knew.

It looks like OSU has been VERY lucky that their recivers coach did not kill his wife and/or somebody else after the 2015 event. Had Smith killed his wife (ex-wife) I do not know how the Meyer family washes that blood off their hands.

Keep in mind that these were Earle Bruce's great grandchildren. Have I got that right?

Oh great, way to go dem. I can just see Davey Boy Jones next article going full Kevin Bacon and trying to blame Joe for this. I mean he tried and failed epicaly with trying to link Sandy and the Cal emails.

Reactions: demlion
Wow, this is starting to look ugly. He might not actually survive this like I thought earlier. After seeing his press conference last week...I don't what his defense is.

^^^ Doesn't understand that circumstantial evidence is evidence. Also doesn't understand that what "he's done to that school and football program" is irrelevant if he covered up for a domestic abuser.

“I hung up out of fear because I was scared Zach would lose his job,” Courtney said. “He threw me down on the bathroom floor (in April of 2015) and screamed ‘look what you’ve turned me into.’ I don’t know what he was on. Another time, he took the top of a dip can and cut my hand. Everyone – all my family – said don’t call 911. If you do, he’ll get fired.”

The bolded part is what chilled me the most. Your own family telling you not to do anything for fear of harming the breadwinner? That's beyond cold. There is some seriously wrong people in this world.

To me, the most damning part of the story for Meyer is that two of Meyer's closest friends allegedly went to Gainesville and attempted to convince Courtney to drop the 2009 charges.

Whoa - I didn’t know that. Da O$U in a shart storm of bad news lately. Couldn’t happen to a nicer/classier/less arrogant bunch....

Watching ESPNEWS right now, and they’re defending Meyer at the current time and saying wait for more info. However, it sounds like it is about to blow up and they’re getting “boots on the ground.”

Watching ESPNEWS right now, and they’re defending Meyer at the current time and saying wait for more info. However, it sounds like it is about to blow up and they’re getting “boots on the ground.”

Read: wait to see if they can come up with a plausible defense that we can sell to the lemmings.

^^^ Doesn't understand that circumstantial evidence is evidence. Also doesn't understand that what "he's done to that school and football program" is irrelevant if he covered up for a domestic abuser.
It's the same thing we all said for Joe so I'm going to bat for Urban. I'm not changing tune just because I don't like OSU. Neither coach should be/have been fired.

Wow, this is starting to look ugly. He might not actually survive this like I thought earlier. After seeing his press conference last week...I don't what his defense is.
Yea, I was the one who posted this will all blow over in a week. I am definitely ready to walk that back after listening to the ESPN Sirius XM guys. I think Urban may not make it.

I think it's horrible how in today's society, people get blamed for the actions of others. So what, if Urban Meyer heard something about the Smith situation. You don't fire someone because you heard something about him. Mrs. Smith admitted she didn't turn her husband in because she didn't want him to be fired and now she's trying to blame Urban for not firing him.
It's the same principal as the Sandusky thing, all these victims and their families don't go to the authorities, except in the 1998 and 2009 incidents and everyone wants to blame a coach and administrators who got 1 report of possible misconduct.
I hope Urban Meyer isn't scapegoated over this. Don't blame people who are just trying to live their lives and do their job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT