ADVERTISEMENT

McMurphy: Text messages show Urban Meyer knew in 2015 of domestic abuse allegations

Ohio State may be in violation of Title IX, which states: discrimination on the basis of sex, can include sexual harassment, rape, and sexual assault. A college or university that receives federal funding may be held legally responsible when it knows about and ignores sexual harassment or assault in its programs or activities.

and goes on to state everyone, including Mrs. Meyer is bound to title ix as she also works for the university.

Just curious will the NCAA weigh in on this regarding Urban Meyer or is it up to the Ohio State Board of Trustees to let it go or fire him?

If he gets fired, it will be Ohio State wielding the axe. There was no NCAA violation that I have seen.

The general public or the media will never see this as being as bad a the PSU case. Once the AG decided to grandstand with the accusation that little boys were anally raped, everybody wanted to burn the place down and anybody within 100 miles of it and to hell with any facts. Here a woman gets beat up...meh.

Not saying any of this is just (as in justice), but this is just the way it is.

Reactions: PSUFBFAN
How powerful is the football coach at O-Lie-O State/Open Showers University? When Gordon Gee was president of Ohio State University he said he hoped Tressel wouldn't dismiss him instead of the other way around.

If I'm Franklin I'm thinking of trying to flip some tOSU commits now and negative recruiting tOSU in the future should Urban survives this.
Nah. First of all CJF doesn't negative recruit. Why should he? He has a great product packed with features to sell. Only failure salesmen EVER run down their competition. A good salesman PRAISES the competitor product - then points out the ways HIS product is even better.

Second - you let things develop for a little bit, and let them come to you. You never never never want to look desperate.

How powerful is the football coach at O-Lie-O State/Open Showers University? When Gordon Gee was president of Ohio State University he said he hoped Tressel wouldn't dismiss him instead of the other way around.

How powerful? Urbs got Gee fired. Is that powerful enough?

Reactions: FHSPSU67
The general public or the media will never see this as being as bad a the PSU case. Once the AG decided to grandstand with the accusation that little boys were anally raped, everybody wanted to burn the place down and anybody within 100 miles of it and to hell with any facts. Here a woman gets beat up...meh.

Not saying any of this is just (as in justice), but this is just the way it is.
I honestly think it comes down to the injuries. If the injuries included broken bones, stitches or significant bruising then Meyer would have been let go already. With the exception of the cut on her hand the injuries are superficial and unfortunately this is taken into consideration.

Erin Sorensen with Urban quotes from Media Days.

"It came back to me that what was reported wasn't actually what happened."

"2015, I got a text late last night something happened in 2015. And there was nothing. Once again, there's nothing -- once again, I don't know who creates a story like that."

The fact that ESPN has yet to cover this AT ALL on their platforms is a very good sign for Ohio State.
well I've heard the report on Sirius XM radio on the NFL channel and they said they were covering it over at ESPNU channel 84. so there's that

Title 9 OSU Information: http://titleix.osu.edu/sidebar-resources/what-is-title-ix/definitions.html

Domestic violence

Conduct that would meet the definition of a felony or misdemeanor crime of violence committed by the complainant’s current or former spouse or intimate partner, a person with whom the complainant shares a child in common, a person who is or has cohabitated with the complainant as a spouse or intimate partner, or individual similarly situated to a spouse under domestic or family violence law, or anyone else protected under the domestic or family violence law of the jurisdiction in which the offense occurred. An individual need not be charged with or convicted of a criminal offense to be found responsible for domestic violence pursuant to this policy.

I honestly think it comes down to the injuries. If the injuries included broken bones, stitches or significant bruising then Meyer would have been let go already. With the exception of the cut on her hand the injuries are superficial and unfortunately this is taken into consideration.

Urban,

Is this your burner account?

Reactions: Kmase21 and BBrown
I prefer to advisesie women that are victims of repeat beaters to mount a cam on there 38s stop the jerk offs cold in there tracks and end their nightmares.

LOL, Ohio State fans know they run a dirty program.

-There is a secondhand quote in the McMurphy post where Smith is said to have claimed that if fired he would essentially take everyone down at Ohio State. Given Smith's demeanor it wouldn't surprise me if he were willing to do just this, and I wonder what dirt Smith had and how willing he would be to take down "everyone"

Nah. First of all CJF doesn't negative recruit. Why should he? He has a great product packed with features to sell. Only failure salesmen EVER run down their competition. A good salesman PRAISES the competitor product - then points out the ways HIS product is even better.

Second - you let things develop for a little bit, and let them come to you. You never never never want to look desperate.

My guess is that Franklin negative recruits other coaches and programs just that he picks the time and place and is tactful how he goes about it. If he wasn't doing it I'd be a little disappointed in him. All coaches do it to some degree. Just saying.

well I've heard the report on Sirius XM radio on the NFL channel and they said they were covering it over at ESPNU channel 84. so there's that
I listened to channel 84 for the last hour and that's all they talked about. It's the ESPN college radio "playbook" show with Neuheisel. He didn't really commit to an opinion, but seemed to be leaning toward Urban being gone once it all unfolds.

Worth looking into Urban's "fixer"

A few days after Zach’s 2009 arrest, Courtney said two of Meyer’s closest friends – Hiram de Fries and Earle Bruce – asked her to drop the charges. Bruce is Zach Smith’s grandfather, de Fries is Meyer’s “life coach.”

That guy is still with Urban, and he is the guy that covered up shady shit at UF.

On a July morning in 2009, Courtney Smith sat across the table from de Fries, a former attorney and Shell Oil executive. Courtney said de Fries pressured her to drop the charges.

That aint the first time he has been involved in things like this. The real story is there for any journalist willing to dig into that guy.

edit2:

“Zach once told me,” said Courtney, “if he ever got fired and this all comes out: ‘I’ll take everyone at Ohio State down with me.’ ”

What kind of f'ng degenerate scum does that to someone - especially his own wife? Wow - anyone know some folks with a particularly medieval method to deal with said scum??

Reactions: wbcincy
Generally speaking, I hope that isn't what they consider. The message would be that it's OK to knock someone around as long as the injuries are minor and/or invisible.

Just like scumbag Dantonio. The media was fired up for a few days, dantonio said I’m not resigning, and the media moved on. I agree that the Meyer situation blows over. Makes you wonder what would have happened if the psu brass stood up to the media instead of backing down.

There is no 'media' and you answered your own question. They don't uncover stories, they are provided by people who want the media to report a set of 'facts'.

Our witch hunt was paid for. Nevertheless, I think Meyer will come under public scrutiny. He has enemies too.

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
Less dangerous than STAYING with an abuser.

Urban royally f@#$ed up by lying about this last week. He should have just admitted that he should have fired him in 2015, and taken the flak. This is now exponentially worse.
Not less dangerous. Look at this quote from a text he sent her just before their divorce:
Zach texted Courtney: “The past 3 months. You were going to try to give me a chance a week ago and now, even though I have done NOTHING WRONG since then, you’re done with me. I will kill that bitch and everyone involved. For ruining my life. I am getting myself right and getting punished. F--- all of you.”

Zach to Courtney: “Just know that now… I will find you when your out. I will come seek the douche your with. I will f--- him up to the point that no one will recognize him”

Some of the stats I have seen say that >50% of all women murdered by their Intimate Partners are murdered AFTER they leave.

Reactions: wbcincy
Not less dangerous. Look at this quote from a text he sent her just before their divorce:
Zach texted Courtney: “The past 3 months. You were going to try to give me a chance a week ago and now, even though I have done NOTHING WRONG since then, you’re done with me. I will kill that bitch and everyone involved. For ruining my life. I am getting myself right and getting punished. F--- all of you.”

Zach to Courtney: “Just know that now… I will find you when your out. I will come seek the douche your with. I will f--- him up to the point that no one will recognize him”

Some of the stats I have seen say that >50% of all women murdered by their Intimate Partners are murdered AFTER they leave.

Yep. My sister-in-law's father killed her mother and them himself after she left and got a protection order. Unfortunately, they didn't get a GPS bracelet placed on him. He rented a car so neighbors wouldn't recognize it, waited in the car on the other side of a row of trees, and came through and shot her 5 times when she came home. That story is not unique.

As LE, you try to advise the victim on things to do to be safe, get an alcohol and GPS monitor placed on the abuser, etc, but there's no perfect way to protect them..

Let’s use our influence as the largest alumni group in the world. Social media can be used for evil. We saw it first hand. Let’s use it for good. Urban has a looooong history of not only passively accepting abuse of women, but covering it up. Maybe the national media won’t care, but the journalists I know won’t turn a blind eye to something trending. #UrbanKnew.

Reactions: Cosmos
ADVERTISEMENT