ADVERTISEMENT

McMurphy Many Inaccuracies -- Where is the police report he accessed before it was sealed

Here's a little history with me living here in a great state where many fans are decent, but waaay too many are complete assbags.

Former fellow teacher and ohowIhate alum. Sandusky scandal breaks. We discuss and I point out that Joe did everything he legally and that university procedures called for him to do.
Of course, douche' rocket tells me - morally, JoePa should have done more. What would you be saying if that was your son in the shower?
Fast forward. I basically throw large hand fulls of poop at him via email.
My final line was....suburban says he followed all protocol and did what he was legally bound to do. That's great, but he could have done more. Meyer morally was bound to do more. I then ask him what he would do if it was his daughter.
Of course, he states oscar meyer did not watch Mrs. Smith walking into the house to be assaulted like Joe watched kids being paraded through the Lasch building to be abused.
It sure as heck will not be a pleasant discussion when we come face to face. In a town of 4,500, that is bound to happen.

After that long rambling, YES, I agree with you, Bob. The culture at coverup U disgusts me.

OL
You will never get these idiots to understand. It's pointless trying. I've seen multiple posts on other message boards that if you switched the name "Urban " for "Paterno " they'd be arguing that nothing should have happened to PSU. OSU fans are probably THEE dumbest on the planet.

Reactions: OhioLion
Here's a little history with me living here in a great state where many fans are decent, but waaay too many are complete assbags.

Former fellow teacher and ohowIhate alum. Sandusky scandal breaks. We discuss and I point out that Joe did everything he legally and that university procedures called for him to do.
Of course, douche' rocket tells me - morally, JoePa should have done more. What would you be saying if that was your son in the shower?
My final line was....suburban says he followed all protocol and did what he was legally bound to do. That's great, but he could have done more. Meyer morally was bound to do more. I then ask him what he would do if it was his daughter.
Of course, he states oscar meyer did not watch Mrs. Smith walking into the house to be assaulted like Joe watched kids being paraded through the Lasch building to be abused.
It sure as heck will not be a pleasant discussion when we come face to face. In a town of 4,500, that is bound to happen.

After that long rambling, YES, I agree with you, Bob. The culture at coverup U disgusts me.

OL

Your former colleague is a stupid asshole. Give him hell when you bump into him (leading with a shoulder).

So far as I know, there were 3 or 4 instances and none after 2015. I wouldn't call that habitual. Would add that assuming I am right about none after 2015, CS benefited from ZS making about $300,000 per year. His income could now plummet to $20,000 per year, reducing the child support and potentially alimony that he can pay.

Urban is gone. Get over it.

So far as I know, there were 3 or 4 instances and none after 2015.

So ZS "only" beat her up 3-4 times? Are we supposed to "praise" ZS because he didn't reach "Carlo Rizzi beating up Connie Corleone daily" levels?

Anyway, that "fact" of yours, of course, ignores that each of the following events have occurred just in the last 8 months:

1) Criminal Trespass Warning against ZS for trying to break into Courtney's house at 1:30 AM.

2) ZS being cited with misdemeanor criminal trespass after a dispute with his wife.

3) CS being granted an order of protection against ZS, that ZS can't be within 500 feet of her.

Would add that assuming I am right about none after 2015, CS benefited from ZS making about $300,000 per year. His income could now plummet to $20,000 per year, reducing the child support and potentially alimony that he can pay.

What??? What is the relevance of this? In your opinion, a woman should put up with her husband beating her up if she's more secure financially for it? In your opinion, UM was looking out for CS by making sure that ZS's income didn't drop? Is that what you're saying?

Last edited:
So ZS "only" beat her up 3-4 times? What an exemplary example of a man!

Anyway, that "fact" of yours, of course, ignores that each of the following events have occurred just in the last 8 months:

1) Criminal Trespass Warning against ZS for trying to break into Courtney's house at 1:30 AM.

2) ZS being cited with misdemeanor criminal trespass after a dispute with his wife.

3) CS being granted an order of protection against ZS, that ZS can't be within 500 feet of her.

What??? What is the relevance of this? In your opinion, a woman should put up with her husband beating her up if she's more secure financially for it? In your opinion, UM was looking out for CS by making sure that ZS's income didn't drop? Is that what you're saying?

That is indeed what he seems to be saying. Kind of stunning to read, but that’s what I get out of it.

The part I can't reconcile is Urban said it was not his intention to be "inaccurate"( btw " inaccurate" is such a weasal word for lying ) or mislead. It was exactly his intention to mislead! In his interview besides the numerous lies he told, the big one was when he said " if he had known he would have made a change " that's about as damming as it gets and I don't see how he can reconcile that statement with his pathetic press release on Friday afternoon.

Exactly. Not only did he lie about knowing, he tries to puff himself up with a lie about how he would have made changes if he did know. That's a real lowlife lie right there.

Reactions: theXbomber

OL
The guy is an ignorant clown.

Um, I'm in Ohio and the time is now 9:55:04 and ticking. This was dailybuck's last line of the OP.

To the extent that there are responses to this post, I will be gone until about 9 this evening

I'm waiting for a response to my Soprano-like intimidation question. Guessing others would like explanations to their questions as well.

OL

Maybe to you, but not to me. If OSU keeps Meyer, it is standing up to political correctness. It should not be Meyer's job to second guess the police.
Do you think he represents the following values on the wall: Honesty and treat women with respect? If so, you are obviously biased and your view is not based on reality (Urbs admitted he lied and kept an assistant coach on staff who has admitted forcefully handling his wife (strangling her) and cheating on her), and OSU and its fan have a huge culture problem. If not, then what does that say about the head coach and the accountability for staff and players?

And if Urbs personal life coach and another staff member went over to pay Courtney a visit to talk her out of pressing charges and/or going to the cops, what does that say about the culture of the football program and the head coach?

Reactions: OhioLion
As far as I know there were no incidents of violence after 2015--which to some extent could support keeping ZS on. His family benefited from his salary. You are right about your general point, and ZS is not a good example for young players. On the other hand, Meyer didn't have a corrupt reason for hiring him or keeping him on.
But Urbs and his wife counselled them in 2009. So, 2015 would be the second instance Urbs would have been aware of. In reality, the abuse was an open secret so could have many more instances that were not reported to police, but were shared internally.

Maybe Zack had them all convinced that his wife was crazy, but certainly Zack has admitted again to forcefully restraining his wife, strangling her, and cheating on her.

I love Steely Dan. Working their lyrics into threads is strongly encouraged. :)

“Now your patrons have all left you in the red. Your low rent friends are dead. This life can be very strange. All those dayglow freaks who used to paint the face. They've joined the human race. Some things will never change. Son, you were mistaken, you are obsolete. Look at all the white men on the street."

"I crawl like a viper through these suburban streets. Make love to these women, languid and bittersweet."

Reactions: odshowtime
I’d love to be the fly on the wall listening to Urby defending himself and his actions / lack thereof in ongoing discussions with mothers (and fathers) of both existing and potential recruits.

It would not surprise me of some decommitnents coming down-the-road as this drama continues to unfold.

I’d love to be the fly on the wall listening to Urby defending himself and his actions / lack thereof in ongoing discussions with mothers (and fathers) of both existing and potential recruits.

It is the job of the Powell police and not Urban to sanction Zach Smith. He has been personally implicated in zero incidents of domestic violence. When Carlos Hyde (after provocation) gave a girl a slight shove in a bar, he was suspended for 3 games, which caused him to lose Heisman consideration. (He gained 1500 yards after missing the games)

Parents of recruits could care less about this incident in light of Urban's coaching of Marshon Lattimore, Denzel Ward and the Bosas. Go to the LSU Board and see how happy they are to have OSU's third string quarterback from last year. Meyer did a great job both coaching and advising Cardale Jones when Jones initially had poor academic motivations and completely changed. Any young person that gets to play for Meyer is lucky. (The same with respect to Franklin)

It is the job of the Powell police and not Urban to sanction Zach Smith. He has been personally implicated in zero incidents of domestic violence. When Carlos Hyde (after provocation) gave a girl a slight shove in a bar, he was suspended for 3 games,

Which is it? It is the job of the Powell Police but not Urban to sanction ZS? But it was the job of the Columbus Ohio Police and also Urban to sanction Carlos Hyde?

Also --- your use of the word "slight" in front of "shove" is telling, especially in combination with your previous post about ZS only having "3-4 instances". It was a "slight" shove by Hyde. ZS had only "3-4 instances" with his wife.

You appear to be a person who looks to diminish violent acts when they occur.

Ignorant Media people.

Was listening to Chris Broussard and his cohort in my car tonight (believe they are on Fox -- don't listen to sports radio much) and they made two ignorant misstatements.

First they said Paterno didn't report the child abuse.

Second, they said in some states that police could file a report even if the victim resisted. They were so dumb they didn't know that this is the law in Ohio.

Classic lynch mob ignorance.

Also --- your use of the word "slight" in front of "shove" is telling

There was film on Hyde. You can look it up. The girl had no bruises or any injuries.

only" beating up his wife 3-4 times.

If I said "only" that it was a bad mistake. Someone said that ZS was a habitual wife beater and I interpreted that as meaning 20 or 30 times. There is a difference between 4 times and 20 or 30 times in my book. I stand 100% behind my statement with respect to Hyde and challenge you to prove me wrong.

Later edit. You improperly used the word "only" in your post when I never used the word. I found my post.

There was film on Hyde. You can look it up. The girl had no bruises or any injuries.

If I said "only" that it was a bad mistake. Someone said that ZS was a habitual wife beater and I interpreted that as meaning 20 or 30 times. There is a difference between 4 times and 20 or 30 times in my book. I stand 100% behind my statement with respect to Hyde and challenge you to prove me wrong.

Later edit. You improperly used the word "only" in your post when I never used the word. I found my post.
Good heavens.

Reactions: AvgUser
I didn't read all the posts but Daily buck-this might not be the best board for a OSU fan come to and try to defend UM.

I get that. Wanted to post lawyer's analysis in the hope that some of the posters here would be more aware of the facts.

It is the job of the Powell police and not Urban to sanction Zach Smith. He has been personally implicated in zero incidents of domestic violence. When Carlos Hyde (after provocation) gave a girl a slight shove in a bar, he was suspended for 3 games, which caused him to lose Heisman consideration. (He gained 1500 yards after missing the games)

Parents of recruits could care less about this incident in light of Urban's coaching of Marshon Lattimore, Denzel Ward and the Bosas. Go to the LSU Board and see how happy they are to have OSU's third string quarterback from last year. Meyer did a great job both coaching and advising Cardale Jones when Jones initially had poor academic motivations and completely changed. Any young person that gets to play for Meyer is lucky. (The same with respect to Franklin)
Okay, now I'm convinced you're full of sh*t.

Yes - and I corrected my post before your reply.

I've seen the Hyde video. When it comes to the sentence "Hyde slightly shoved a young woman" ... the key word in that sentence is "shoved", not "slight." And it WAS a "shove." Men shouldn't be shoving women.

Your opinion that "there is a difference between 4 times and 20-30 times in my book" --- I find that to be the opinion of a person with loose moral standards. Nothing personal against you, but I'm just calling it like I see it.

Beating a woman once, possibly forgivable. Twice, that would really be hard to forgive, but I suppose in some outlier situations. Three times - that's DEFINITELY three strikes.

Reactions: Cosmos
I get that. Wanted to post lawyer's analysis in the hope that some of the posters here would be more aware of the facts.
Have you read your school's policy/punishment for wife beating yet? When will we see a copy of the Title IX report they filed?

It is the job of the Powell police and not Urban to sanction Zach Smith.

Not Urban's job to sanction Zach? Urban is/was Zach's boss. He hired him and he can certainly fire him. How many times have you seen people get fired from their jobs because they run onto the field during a baseball game or make a dumb social media post? Those examples pale in comparison to domestic violence.

The penalties and process are available to anyone that actually has a desire to find it by searching for the university's policy 1.15.

I downloaded this several days ago. I know of no provision which requires automatic dismissal for a violation of Title IX. You are welcome to cite a section that provides for automatic dismissal. The penalties are discussed only in broad terms.

Not Urban's job to sanction Zach? Urban is/was Zach's boss. He hired him and he can certainly fire him. How many times have you seen people get fired from their jobs because they run onto the field during a baseball game or make a dumb social media post? Those examples pale in comparison to domestic violence.

Shoot --- some people get fired from their jobs for telling a lie.

Lying (whether that lie is (1) directly to the boss, (2) to a client, or (3) in a public way that somehow embarrasses the company) is a rather good way to permanently lose a boss' trust going forward.

Urban better hope HIS boss (President Drake) doesn't think this way.

I wouldn't blame President Drake if he did think that way. Ohio State University has been embarrassed in a way that wouldn't have occurred had Urban simply told the truth at B1G Media Days 12 days ago.

Not Urban's job to sanction Zach? Urban is/was Zach's boss. He hired him and he can certainly fire him.

Poorly worded on my part. I should have said it is not primarily Urban's job to sanction ZS for Title 9 or domestic violence. The primary responsibility is that of the police and the university. However, Urban does have a role to play, in which to a substantial extent, he should be permitted rely on the accuracy of police investigations.

Have you read your school's policy/punishment for wife beating yet?

Yes. I downloaded it on my computer a couple of days ago. The sanctions are very vaguely worded and are not precise to give OSU a wide range of discretion. (OSU's decision, not mine)

"Who do you want leading young men at OSU? If you’re comfortable with the coach you have and his response in two critical moments (2009 and 2015), that’s who and what you are as a university."

Very comfortable with Meyer and very opposed to the lynch mob McCarthyism going on. The primary responsibility for this rests on the police. Why haven't the actions of the police been closely examined.

Would add that Meyer has said he reported it, which would totally take him off the hook. Will see if that is provable.

Additionally, Zach Smith's attorney has stated that when the facts all come out that a lot of people will have eggs on their faces. The attorney is an interested party, but most attorneys will qualify what they say in public to protect their own image if they are later proven wrong. Their is a substantial chance that facts very helpful to Meyer will soon come out. On the other hand, attorneys have been known to lie.

ADVERTISEMENT