ADVERTISEMENT

MBB photo op near FB team entrance....

OhioLion

Jul 11, 2001
Heart of America, Archbold, OH
I did not see this advertised anywhere, but it was a neat thing for them to do. Get in line and get your free picture taken with members and of the team and Chambers. It was a hit and miss who would be in your photo as they were moving around signing items and getting phone photos with people.
Was curious why the wrestling team was not doing something like this as well.
Keegan-Michael then came to the photo booth for ops as well. My son was first in line for him and asked him to do his "Hingle McCringleberry introduction" for his snap chat story. Keegan didn't hesitate. We could have gone home then and skipped the game. My son was jacked.

OL

I did not see this advertised anywhere, but it was a neat thing for them to do. Get in line and get your free picture taken with members and of the team and Chambers. It was a hit and miss who would be in your photo as they were moving around signing items and getting phone photos with people.
Was curious why the wrestling team was not doing something like this as well.
Keegan-Michael then came to the photo booth for ops as well. My son was first in line for him and asked him to do his "Hingle McCringleberry introduction" for his snap chat story. Keegan didn't hesitate. We could have gone home then and skipped the game. My son was jacked.

OL

Now that is really nice!

Reactions: OhioLion
The wrestling team doesn't need to attract fans with gimmicks. They have their sellouts and the diehards who know them.

If I was a kid I wouldn't want to be out there and then have people come up to me who don't know the sport and ask "what weight class are you? well congrats on a great season."

JMO

You should have had KMK do coach Hines from Mad TV!

The wrestling team doesn't need to attract fans with gimmicks. They have their sellouts and the diehards who know them.

If I was a kid I wouldn't want to be out there and then have people come up to me who don't know the sport and ask "what weight class are you? well congrats on a great season."

JMO

Meeting the fans is a gimmick?

JMO

Luther Anger Translator....

But hingle was most situationally appropriate. Either of ours would have had the clueless wondering what the heck was going on... (see what I did just then...he he)

Meeting the fans is a gimmick?

Look I laid out the reasons and said my opinion. To me its the same as having some of the Olympic sport coaches go on the coaches show. To get the program noticed and the nice people in attendance say that's wow. Or having the golf coach go to the Altoona caravan and say "my girls don't play from the red tees" and "we play in the rain"

Basketball desperately needs people to get into the BJC. That's why chambers flips burgers as McDonald's and other things that's all am saying . If 15 people from the area decided to get season tickets it was worth the time. All I am saying wrestling as a sport has its core fans and sending the kids out there wouldn't have much benefit.

So yes meeting the fans is a gimmick as I said IMO. And through out the year they have their other meet and greets.

Look I laid out the reasons and said my opinion. To me its the same as having some of the Olympic sport coaches go on the coaches show. To get the program noticed and the nice people in attendance say that's wow. Or having the golf coach go to the Altoona caravan and say "my girls don't play from the red tees" and "we play in the rain"

Basketball desperately needs people to get into the BJC. That's why chambers flips burgers as McDonald's and other things that's all am saying . If 15 people from the area decided to get season tickets it was worth the time. All I am saying wrestling as a sport has its core fans and sending the kids out there wouldn't have much benefit.

So yes meeting the fans is a gimmick as I said IMO. And through out the year they have their other meet and greets.
So that's why the football team does the walk to the stadium, hands out signed footballs, holds an autograph session, Franklin shows up at classes, etc. Makes sense, only 71,000 at the spring game.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
Amazing comment Wrestling has its core fans.

Basketball etc all have core fans and could use a few more. Sports programs need more fans for better facilities etc.
Money drives the quality.
Football and basketball carry the load.

Basketball etc all have core fans and could use a few more. Sports programs need more fans for better facilities etc.
Agreed. Lots of Penn State fans (myself included) wouldn’t recognize a Penn State wrestler if they bumped into one on the street and he put them in a headlock - but I’m sure they would welcome the chance to meet some of the players to congratulate them on their success and thank them for representing Penn State.

Your miss understanding core in my statement. Core as in your are or your aren't a wrestling fan. It's that kind of sport.

female Athletics need for man than fans they need Title Nine. Or if you get one rich alum to pay for it that's how those programs can only work. for most of those Sports you're never going to cultivate enough fans to ever support the programs in a financially feasible manner no matter what ya do. And that includes wrestling because it's not a popular sport in the United States. I love it I love it. But it's a fringe male sport. The same reason for not having them out there is the same as having the volleyball team out there signing autographs or the men's volleyball team signing autographs. why not have the fencing team signing autographs why not have the field hockey team why don't have the lacrosse team well they were down in Rutgers I'm sure you were aware of that. Your Roi for all of them is so small it's literally not worth it. The only sport it could possibly be worth it to is men's basketball maybe women's basketball Maybe. And why because almost every kid in some sort of way plays basketball and a family might meet a player and the kids say hey I want to go to the game. And that's four warm butts in the seats at least once because there are sunk cost involved in the BJC and the men's program and if they win they come back possibly with icy weeknight drive up 322 . Yea nore money. More importantly more asses means more ppl recruits see and we get better.

Meanwhile drawing more fans to wrestling isn't going to do anything because the duels at the BJC are sold out for big matches. And it's not an option to move every match there now or in the future. And attracting those fans to wrestling. They have to get their tickets on the secondary market because rec hall is sold out.

I see the point of it would be nice to go there but it's litteraly not worth it. It's worth it for chambers because basketball has the room to grow.

Just my opinion

This was all done voice text. I am on the turnpike im not editing it's 1am

ADVERTISEMENT