ADVERTISEMENT

MBB: Lamar scheduled fall semester classes

psuguy43

Sep 28, 2002
Watkins scheduled summer classes, but not yet fall. He would need the fall to graduate. (Per PSH.com poster).

So, Lamar doesn't appear to be going anywhere. Mike is TBD, but probably gone?

Reactions: NedFromYork
If Watkins was gone why would he even bother with Summer?
That is my thought as well. Maybe it’s a fall back plan if he doesn’t get decent offers to play pro ball, but I think he wouldn’t worry about summer classes if he had thoughts of pro ball. I have zero inside info...

Reactions: bison13
If Watkins was gone why would he even bother with Summer?
Agreed . Unless if he just wants a few more free credits before graduating on his own dime in Euro ball... But, I think that that's a bit of a stretch to make sense of it.

That is my thought as well. Maybe it’s a fall back plan if he doesn’t get decent offers to play pro ball, but I think he wouldn’t worry about summer classes if he had thoughts of pro ball. I have zero inside info...
What kind of a pro contract could Watkins get?

Jeez. My parents didn’t even know when I scheduled classes. Until they paid the bill. Now total strangers know ehen kids schedule classes?

Total strangers? This is Penn State. We Are...Family!

(I’m sure Obliviax agrees with me.)

Reactions: Fac
What kind of a pro contract could Watkins get?

There are hundreds of pro basketball teams overseas who have Americans playing for them. A very large number of them would be willing to sign Watkins - some of them will offer fairly decent money (more than many, if not most, college grads will get for their first jobs).

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Agreed . Unless if he just wants a few more free credits before graduating on his own dime in Euro ball...

Doesn't matter. The NCAA has a program where basketball players returning to get their degrees can get scholarships to cover their tuition. Mike won't have to pay regardless of when he comes back (as long as it's within ten years).

There are hundreds of pro basketball teams overseas who have Americans playing for them. A very large number of them would be willing to sign Watkins - some of them will offer fairly decent money

Watkins' performance has been mixed and he has struggled with both physical and mental health issues. I'm sure that somebody would make him an offer but I'm not convinced it would be a great offer.

Reactions: Kmase21
Watkins' performance has been mixed and he has struggled with both physical and mental health issues. I'm sure that somebody would make him an offer but I'm not convinced it would be a great offer.

Agreed with this comment. If he's depressed in this country, what makes people think overseas would be any better? If he goes anywhere, it might be a transfer closer to home in Philly.

Hoping to see both return next year though.

Scheduling classes means nothing outside of he's considering coming back in the grad scheme of things. He can withdraw at any time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT