ADVERTISEMENT

MBB: Jacksonville St. (in Alabama) @ 7 pm

psuguy43

Sep 28, 2002
So this is the last perceived "patsy" before we start a nice OOC stretch - our last home game until we welcome #15 VaTech on the 27th.

Jacksonville State (located in Alabama, not Florida) supposedly ran Alabama out of the gym in a closed-doors/secret exhibition game the other week (won by around 30 points) - take that for what it's worth.

PSU is favored by 14ish. This JSU team is TINY - starting no one over 6'7. Stevens and Harrar should have their way down low, I expect double figures for them both (maybe double-doubles for both) and we should be able to go 4-guard "small ball" to give them a breather in this one, with Reaves at the 4.

Really hoping Mike is back for VaTech, because I think that we can manage without him until then. Let us be 7-0, coming off winning the Cancun tournament, adding Mike to our roster, when we welcome #15 VaTech @ the BJC. I bought my ticket off stubhub for that one - could be as electric as early-season bball at the BJC has been in quite some time.

My Prediction: Reaves, Stevens, Harrar, Dread, and Bolton see double figures tonight and we win by 20ish. We break 80 points for the second straight game.

BTN at 7 pm.

Reactions: Agoodnap
Funny that you and I posted basically the same thing at the same time. I guess great minds think alike.

Reactions: psuguy43
So this is the last perceived "patsy" before we start a nice OOC stretch - our last home game until we welcome #15 VaTech on the 27th.

Jacksonville State (located in Alabama, not Florida) supposedly ran Alabama out of the gym in a closed-doors/secret exhibition game the other week (won by around 30 points) - take that for what it's worth.

PSU is favored by 14ish. This JSU team is TINY - starting no one over 6'7. Stevens and Harrar should have their way down low, I expect double figures for them both (maybe double-doubles for both) and we should be able to go 4-guard "small ball" to give them a breather in this one, with Reaves at the 4.

Really hoping Mike is back for VaTech, because I think that we can manage without him until then. Let us be 7-0, coming off winning the Cancun tournament, adding Mike to our roster, when we welcome #15 VaTech @ the BJC. I bought my ticket off stubhub for that one - could be as electric as early-season bball at the BJC has been in quite some time.

My Prediction: Reaves, Stevens, Harrar, Dread, and Bolton see double figures tonight and we win by 20ish. We break 80 points for the second straight game.

BTN at 7 pm.

Electric basketball at the BJC? That’s a shocking prediction. I’m actually shocked the BJC has electricity, period. It’s gotta represent the conference’s worst home court advantage or very very close to that.

Five players in double figures tonight.....another shocking prediction. Would be curious when the last time PSU had that happen in a game.

Starting out 7-0.....an aggressively optimistic prediction. Again, hope you are right but hard to imagine.

Chambers is working hard, no question about that, hopefully his work will continue to trend positively. Getting to a 10-10 conference record this year would overachieve according to the media prediction of an 11th place finish. Of course, there’s always the possibility that 11th might turn out to be “fake news”. S/b an interesting year.

Electric basketball at the BJC? That’s a shocking prediction. I’m actually shocked the BJC has electricity, period. It’s gotta represent the conference’s worst home court advantage or very very close to that.

Five players in double figures tonight.....another shocking prediction. Would be curious when the last time PSU had that happen in a game.

Starting out 7-0.....an aggressively optimistic prediction. Again, hope you are right but hard to imagine.

Chambers is working hard, no question about that, hopefully his work will continue to trend positively. Getting to a 10-10 conference record this year would overachieve according to the media prediction of an 11th place finish. Of course, there’s always the possibility that 11th might turn out to be “fake news”. S/b an interesting year.
Last year we had 5 players AVERAGING double figures. Reaves, watkins, shep, carr, Lamar

As for electric atmosphere, I qualified as saying for the BJC early-season.

We should be favored in all 7 of those games, FWIW.

That 11th place prediction was laughable, fwiw. On paper they saw that we lost Carr and Shep and figured that it is Penn State, so they will suck.

I have also read a pre-season prediction or two that picked us in the top half of the conference

Wanna place a wager on that 11th place finish? How about, if PSU finishes 11th place or worse in the conference, I owe you $1,000. If they place better than 11th place, you owe me $500?

Reactions: aferrelli
Wanna place a wager on that 11th place finish? How about, if PSU finishes 11th place or worse in the conference, I owe you $1,000. If they place better than 11th place, you owe me $500?

I didn’t make that prediction, the media did. There’s no question in my mind that they’ll be better than that, but anything better than 7th-8th will be hard to achieve.

Last year we had 5 players AVERAGING double figures. Reaves, watkins, shep, carr, Lamar

As for electric atmosphere, I qualified as saying for the BJC early-season.

We should be favored in all 7 of those games, FWIW.

Having five players averaging double figures is totally different than having five players all in double figures the same night.

Again, hope you’re right, but I’d be surprised if you are.

I didn’t make that prediction, the media did. There’s no question in my mind that they’ll be better than that, but anything better than 7th-8th will be hard to achieve.
I'll agree with that. 7th is right on the bubble, likely in, the tournament. We would need some balls to bounce our way for much better. As for the media, I believe that BTN picked us to finish 7th. I wouldn't put too much weight in that 11th place prediction.

I am old enough to remember Jacksonville State vs UCLA in the final.
Artis Gilmore, Sydney Wicks.

BTN at 7 pm.

I will not get on them for scheduling this game, but can we stop hyping up these type of teams.. They are what they are. Jacksonville may have ran Bama from a gym in a scrimmage,e but they also lost by 20 to Samford.

Like I said, no biggie in playing them. PSU has a decent schedule this year, but quit hyping up garbage teams (Yeah, I know they won 21 games last year, but still had nothing to show for it).

BTN at 7 pm.

Glad you’re not my bookie, you went 0-3! :rolleyes:

But PSU looked respectable, the team looks so much better without Carr monopolizing the ball. The athleticism with the freshmen looks good. S/b an “interesting” year.

ADVERTISEMENT