ADVERTISEMENT

MBB: IU @ BJC, 7 pm Tonight

Fouling with 5 seconds left on the shot clock and 30 seconds left in the game down by 3...not smart.

And this is not a great Indiana team. They got beat by Duke 90-59 in the Big 10/ACC challenge.

Does PSU practice free throws??

Pat's teams look so consistently sorry against better coached teams that it is not really worth discussing further........

Reactions: bison13
Lose by two and can’t even get the f’n ball in bounds for a shot at the end. Horrible. Waiting for the Chambers followers to explain away another loss. Be lucky to win 6 or 7 games in conference.

Reactions: Storm at Sea
Chambers needs to go......or hire an assistant to handle ALL the game prep and plays as he is an absolute joke! He can recruit some players, but coaching them up and putting them in position to succeed and draw up plays he is ABYSMAL!

After the TO that was the play with 2 sec. can't even get a shot up.

Lose by two and can’t even get the f’n ball in bounds for a shot at the end. Horrible. Waiting for the Chambers followers to explain away another loss. Be lucky to win 6 or 7 games in conference.

To be honest, hard to really expect much this year after Carr left. We should be better in two years when the next classes are established and playing. Hopefully even good next year if Stevens stays. Nice to at least get the NIT banner last year though, shows we probably should have made the NCAA!

Chambers needs to go......or hire an assistant to handle ALL the game prep and plays as he is an absolute joke! He can recruit some players, but coaching them up and putting them in position to succeed and draw up plays he is ABYSMAL!

After the TO that was the play with 2 sec. can't even get a shot up.
His recruiting isn’t all that great either. Carr and Stevens...outside of that his recruits are average to below average. If his recruiting was as great as some posters make it out to be, he wouldn’t lose so many games.

Chambers has been a failure. His teams are sloppy and undisciplined. He is not the future of PSU basketball. It's time for Sandy to get a clue. He's had ample time to right this ship.

Reactions: AWS1022
To be honest, hard to really expect much this year after Carr left. We should be better in two years when the next classes are established and playing. Hopefully even good next year if Stevens stays. Nice to at least get the NIT banner last year though, shows we probably should have made the NCAA!
Who do we have in two years? Can’t build a team around a bunch of little guys. Lose Stevens and Watkins and there’s not much left. And I can’t imagine recruiting is going to pick up with a .500 season this year.

Chambers has been a failure. His teams are sloppy and undisciplined. He is not the future of PSU basketball. It's time for Sandy to get a clue. He's had ample time to right this ship.
This is obvious. He has shown that some talented players will come to Penn State. It’s not the basketball wasteland that many paint it to be. Get a young, ambitious coach who can recruit and knows X’s and O’s and they could build something here.

A BAD loss AT HOME to a MEDIOCRE Indy team. PSU is gonna be an underdog in 4 of 5 early January games.

At this pace they may not even be given the opportunity to defend their NIT title.

I sure hope the new coach can shoot free throws better than Chambers. He sure did miss a lot of them today. With a new coach shooting free throws we win this game easily.

Reactions: HunterPSU96
His recruiting isn’t all that great either. Carr and Stevens...outside of that his recruits are average to below average. If his recruiting was as great as some posters make it out to be, he wouldn’t lose so many games.
Maybe not great recruits, but better than the previous few coaches were able to bring in...if he could develop them at all and run an actual offense PSU would have a made a few tourney's over the last several years.

Didnt Shon Morris say Chambers nick name was 'the shot doctor' at Philly U? Good god that is funny. Must of been a spoof like calling a fat guy, 'slim' I think there is a good level of coachable talent there, problem is there is as bad of game day coaching as any team in the BIG. Offense/Defense sub all game with Wheeler/Bolton and Watkins/Harrah if you have to. Get some quick hitters for someone early in the shot clock and please teach the wings that on a ball reversal around the perimeter you are allowed to pass fake then drive rather than just pass it around the 3 point line.

I sure hope the new coach can shoot free throws better than Chambers. He sure did miss a lot of them today. With a new coach shooting free throws we win this game easily.

You're deflecting blame. As a B10 HC, you are responsible for the product on the court. If we lose due to a single player missing 1-2 foul shots st the end, no blame on Chambers. The team shot terribly from FT line. The team makes so many errors on the court, they are unwatchable at times.

Did Watkins even play in the second half? Why is he a non factor? I would have tried an alley oop to him or a dish off a few times instead of all the missed layups.

People need to lower their expectations for 2019. The B1G is gonna be tough but if they can go .500 in league play maybe they have an outside shot at something in the post season. Next year should be nice and the year after really special

People need to lower their expectations for 2019. The B1G is gonna be tough but if they can go .500 in league play maybe they have an outside shot at something in the post season. Next year should be nice and the year after really special

Maybe I missed the memo, but I don't think PSU fans have any expectations for the basketball program. They consistently miss oprtunities. If the 2017 team couldn't even sniff the tourney, how could we have any expectations?

I hate to say it but PSU should part with Chambers at the end of this season. It has been eight years of losing close games that we should have won, and this is especially true since 2014. His teams always seem able to keep a game tight in the final five minutes and then he gets outcoached or they fail to execute in the final minute. Last year and this year are the most talented teams I have seen on the court at PSU. This team should be 7-1 or 8-0. Yet here we are on December 4th and already the NCAA is pretty much out the window and it's getting hard to see a path to the NIT. I think he is a good recruiter but I don't really see how he will be able to sustain the recruiting momentum any longer.

If you think this is just about missing a bunch of of FT you dont know what you are watching

This loss will not hurt us come March. It's still early. This team is young and will get better as the season progresses. Just wait until Watkins is at full strength. CLIMB. WITH. US. :eek:

You're deflecting blame. As a B10 HC, you are responsible for the product on the court. If we lose due to a single player missing 1-2 foul shots st the end, no blame on Chambers. The team shot terribly from FT line. The team makes so many errors on the court, they are unwatchable at times.
No I'm not deflecting. Sometimes the players have to take their share of the blame. The coach doesn't shoot free throws. Make even a mediocre percentage and they win easily. The game plan was fine. They tried going inside much more this game and drew a good number of fouls. The plan that helps draw the fouls, that's on the coach. Making the foul shots, that's on the players.

No I'm not deflecting. Sometimes the players have to take their share of the blame. The coach doesn't shoot free throws. Make even a mediocre percentage and they win easily. The game plan was fine. They tried going inside much more this game and drew a good number of fouls. The plan that helps draw the fouls, that's on the coach. Making the foul shots, that's on the players.

When the entire team is missing foul shots, that's a coaching issue, not player issue. Get a clue.

Wash, rinse & repeat. We’ve seen this act before. Start out strong just to give you a glimmer of hope that tonight might be different, stink out the joint in the middle of the game and then a rousing comeback that falls juuust short, once again to make you think that better times are ahead in the next game, with a ready made excuse, this time 11-26 from the FT line, again just to get you to think that they won’t possibly be that bad the next game, except they will be. It’s the basketball version of Groundhog Day.

Reactions: wslee1
It’s always something...if it’s not foul shooting, it’s turnovers or missed shots or too many fouls. That’s the problem. And what game plan is fine that doesn’t include Watkins the whole second half? At some point, the losses have to fall on the game plan and the coach. If they lose one or two games because of falling short in one area, then I agree it’s in the players. But this is always something in almost every game.

A BAD loss AT HOME to a MEDIOCRE Indy team. PSU is gonna be an underdog in 4 of 5 early January games.

At this pace they may not even be given the opportunity to defend their NIT title.
15 or 16 wins won’t get them in the NIT.

In year 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or maybe even 5 you'd be right. We're past the point of blaming the kids for Chambers inability to coach. It's fine though, wait another decade and Chambers will have us within 5 years of making the NCAAs

This loss will not hurt us come March. It's still early. This team is young and will get better as the season progresses. Just wait until Watkins is at full strength. CLIMB. WITH. US. :eek:

In case it is not obvious, the above is sarcasm.

I'm fed up with the same old shit. Bad shooting, endless 3's, poor free-throw shooting, sloppiness. Shit, shit, shit.

In year 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or maybe even 5 you'd be right. We're past the point of blaming the kids for Chambers inability to coach. It's fine though, wait another decade and Chambers will have us within 5 years of making the NCAAs
So kids in year 5 should be able to shoot free throws better than kids in year 1. Sorry but I think that's ridiculous.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
ADVERTISEMENT