ADVERTISEMENT

MBB Game Thread PSU @ Indiana 12pm FS1

Too many turnovers and didn't make shots. 2-14 from 3, and I felt like plenty of those were really clean looks that we didn't know down.

I liked seeing Pat play Lamar some more with 2 fouls (granted, it was mostly out of necessity). I'm sure he would have been criticized had Curry stuck with his original call of the 3rd on Lamar, but can't have him sitting for that long while Myreon is out and our offensive options are limited.

I did not think PSU had much if any chance of winning this game. The more disappointing loss was to Illinois during the week. When will Myreon Jones return?

Everyone knew this 5 game stretch was going to be tough. They were playing 5 Tourney teams. All 5 were in need of wins. I expected 2-3 in that stretch.

they still have 3 games to in that stretch to get this back on right side. Season is not lost. Team was 5-7 seed regardless.

Yep Nate, that's how I looked at it. Even after PSU shot 54% from 3 pt land to beat Purdue at Purdue.

That's why I found it so amusing that some here were quick to come to the defense of Greenberg when in the aftermath and euphoria of that win he threw out PSU looking like a final 4 team.

It was great for Pat and the program that the win streak resulted in a 1 week ranking in the top 10, but this team is just not a top 10 team.

An o'l ball coach used to say that you are never as good as you think you are when you win, and you never are as bad as you think you are when you lose....

Pat just needs to rally the team and win a couple more games so the team is ready to make a run to the Sweet 16, which should help his ongoing recruiting.....

Yep Nate, that's how I looked at it. Even after PSU shot 54% from 3 pt land to beat Purdue at Purdue.

That's why I found it so amusing that some here were quick to come to the defense of Greenberg when in the aftermath and euphoria of that win he threw out PSU looking like a final 4 team.

It was great for Pat and the program that the win streak resulted in a 1 week ranking in the top 10, but this team is just not a top 10 team.

An o'l ball coach used to say that you are never as good as you think you are when you win, and you never are as bad as you think you are when you lose....

Pat just needs to rally the team and win a couple more games so the team is ready to make a run to the Sweet 16, which should help his ongoing recruiting.....

I don't think we are a top 10, but I also don't think Greenberg was wrong. I think a number of teams in the top 10 don't belong there, and if we get the right matchups we could advance really far

I think this team is top 10 when leadership on the court shows up. When Watkins doesn't show up (and he hasn't in the last 3 games), he's a liability on the court. When we made the 20-2 run, he didn't step foot on the court. I'm hoping this team didn't peak two weeks ago.

Everyone knew this 5 game stretch was going to be tough. They were playing 5 Tourney teams. All 5 were in need of wins. I expected 2-3 in that stretch.

they still have 3 games to in that stretch to get this back on right side. Season is not lost. Team was 5-7 seed regardless.

We'll see about seeding when we get to March.. allegedly the committee takes into account injuries so if Myreon comes back and shows that he's a difference maker, these two losses may be less of a penalty than they would have been with him. Win out and win the conference tournament and we're pushing for a 2 seed. Lose 4 of 5 and we're looking at a 7. Teams have adjusted to the 3 point shooting so our guys have to read that and get to the basket more often. Can we do that? I think that'll determine how effective we can be into March. We aren't the only team that's had a couple losses recently so it's not that big a fall. Rutgers is a big game Wednesday.

We'll see about seeding when we get to March.. allegedly the committee takes into account injuries so if Myreon comes back and shows that he's a difference maker, these two losses may be less of a penalty than they would have been with him. Win out and win the conference tournament and we're pushing for a 2 seed. Lose 4 of 5 and we're looking at a 7. Teams have adjusted to the 3 point shooting so our guys have to read that and get to the basket more often. Can we do that? I think that'll determine how effective we can be into March. We aren't the only team that's had a couple losses recently so it's not that big a fall. Rutgers is a big game Wednesday.
We won some big games without Myreon too. I doubt his injury plays into things too much.

What really hurts PSU is that they can't throw the ball to the post and get some production. PSU lost yesterday because IU scored more in the paint. With the loss of Jones, if PSU is going to generate 9 points from the 5 spot, gonna be a quick out in the tournaments coming up.

What really hurts PSU is that they can't throw the ball to the post and get some production. PSU lost yesterday because IU scored more in the paint. With the loss of Jones, if PSU is going to generate 9 points from the 5 spot, gonna be a quick out in the tournaments coming up.
9 from the 4, but 40 from the 4 and 5. Typically Watkins makes those bunnies downlow and he is a threat you can throw it to on the block. Was this the first time you have watched Penn State this year?

ADVERTISEMENT