ADVERTISEMENT

Mayhem at French.

BillDiehlNorstar

Sep 9, 2018

Petra Kvitova withdraws from French Open; injured ankle in fall during media availability​

Jun 1, 2021
  • D'Arcy MaineESPN.com
Petra Kvitova, a two-time major champion and the tournament's No. 11 seed, has withdrawn from the French Open because of an ankle injury.
In a statement posted to social media, Kvitova said she suffered the injury during her media obligations Sunday after her first-round victory over Greet Minnen.
"It is with great disappointment that I announce my withdrawal from Roland Garros," Kvitova said. "During my post-match press requirements on Sunday I fell and hurt my ankle. Unfortunately, after an MRI and much discussion with my team, I have made the tough decision that it would be unwise to play on. It's incredibly bad luck, but I will stay strong and do my best to recover in time for the grass-court season."

Reactions: NJPSU

Petra Kvitova withdraws from French Open; injured ankle in fall during media availability​

Jun 1, 2021
  • D'Arcy MaineESPN.com
Petra Kvitova, a two-time major champion and the tournament's No. 11 seed, has withdrawn from the French Open because of an ankle injury.
In a statement posted to social media, Kvitova said she suffered the injury during her media obligations Sunday after her first-round victory over Greet Minnen.
"It is with great disappointment that I announce my withdrawal from Roland Garros," Kvitova said. "During my post-match press requirements on Sunday I fell and hurt my ankle. Unfortunately, after an MRI and much discussion with my team, I have made the tough decision that it would be unwise to play on. It's incredibly bad luck, but I will stay strong and do my best to recover in time for the grass-court season."
Interesting development based on the discussion we just had about the responsibilities to cater to the “media” recently - what a joke !

Reactions: bison13
If she's that clumsy she could have just as easily turned her ankle while stepping into the shower. Trying to imply media obligations may have caused the injury is ridiculous. Or maybe one of the press meanies shoved her. :oops:

But don't get me wrong. I agree many sports media members are hacks.

petra-kvitova.jpg

Reactions: flinter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT