ADVERTISEMENT

Max-imum effort

nerfstate

Oct 10, 2017
Maybe everyone has seen our guys' post finals pressers. But if you haven't--make sure you see Max's. I dare you to do it with dry eyes throughout.

Like many of us excited about Beard's tragectory--it was initially tough letting another guy "in" as a true lion. That didn't take long though--this guy is an inspiration. So very glad to have you, Max--thank you!

One of Max's interviews he mentions Beard and how it stinks for him.
Wonder how close he and Beard are??

Reactions: TheGLOV
I would be surprised if Beard doesn’t hit the portal.

Lehigh might be a destination for him.

If Max sticks another year, and there is no reason to think otherwise, I would not blame Michael. In the end, he has to do what is right for himself.

How about this Dean is small for a 197 red shirt Brooks Dean at 184 and Beard at 197??Just a thought!!

Reactions: Ian

If Max sticks another year, and there is no reason to think otherwise, I would not blame Michael. In the end, he has to do what is right for himself.
I kinda think Max will move on after he got his title. It’s Beard’s turn next season and he will be fired up and ready to go!

How about this Dean is small for a 197 red shirt Brooks Dean at 184 and Beard at 197??Just a thought!!
I wouldn’t be surprised one bit. Brooks alluded to taking some time off and MDean is a natural 184. Beard is ready if physically fit.

Why not stay?? It makes more depth, good practice partners, iron sharpen iron, and then beard can take over the year after.

Is there anyway Dean can sit next year and let Brooks/Beard go, and then go in at 184 after Aaron is done? Any weird rules with covid/ivy/etc?

Is there anyway Dean can sit next year and let Brooks/Beard go, and then go in at 184 after Aaron is done? Any weird rules with covid/ivy/etc?
I was wondering the same thing because it seems like it would be the best thing as far as Aaron and his Olympic dreams are concerned. I do however doubt Max wants to be in school that long tho.

Reactions: PAgeologist

Beard is staying he will have 2 yrs left after Dean leaves!

Maybe before we try to figure out how to squeeze every last year of eligibility out of every wrestler on the roster we can learn a few lessons from this year's Iowa team. We have guys grey shirt and red shirt fairly often. Many times this is to allow their bodies to catch up to D1 competition before taking the mat. Sometimes it is to let them get grounded academically and socially before taking the mat. Sometimes it is to sharpen their technique before taking the mat. It doesn't always have to be about getting a full 4 years of competition out of these guys. It can be about getting the best out of them, period.
For example, how many here think Patrick Kennedy would have finished higher than Marinelli this year. I think he would. How many of you think Marinelli has a good future in international competition? I'm doubtful of that.
Let's just let the coaches manage their careers, and we agree to support them? They have the best long and short term interests of their wrestlers at heart.

I was wondering the same thing because it seems like it would be the best thing as far as Aaron and his Olympic dreams are concerned. I do however doubt Max wants to be in school that long tho.
I agree. While the speculation is fun to put a lineup together, these guys pay quite a bit of money to wrestle here. It's not like anyone is on full scholarship. Plus juggling a full course load and wrestling season. At some point they have to move on to their life's work. And again as we have seen, extra years of experience doesn't always guarantee success.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Beard is staying he will have 2 yrs left after Dean leaves!
Yeah, I mean if Max stays Beard leaving would be him admitting he can't beat Max. If he can't beat Max to make the team, he won't beat him on another team. Easy for me to say sitting behind my keyboard, but I hope he takes the Cassar route, stays patient, and then when he gets the chance takes advantage of it.

Yes, I doubt Beard thinks he's not going to beat Max..
If Beard doesn't beat Dean I suspect he stays and what kind of monster will he be??

ADVERTISEMENT