ADVERTISEMENT

Max Dean: done deal

Government mandates should be a hard no. Private companies or employers should be allowed to, though, because you are free to take your business or employment elsewhere if you disagree that strongly. This would be the equivalent of a Catholic hospital refusing to do abortions, which many do refuse. There is no issue with that at all because people are still free to get it elsewhere. It's not a ban on abortion.

Vaccine requirements for school are not a new thing. Just today, we got an email from my son's high school that he is missing a required meningitis vaccine from his vaccine record that he has to get or he can't come back next year. The Covid vaccine is only controversial because it's been overpoliticized.

I got the J&J shot as well. The incidence of those blood clots from the virus is 200,000x greater than the incidence from the shot. I'm not worried.
I don’t believe you are allowed to mandate a shot under EUA(emergency use authorization). Approved vaccines can be mandated such as meningitis.

Nobody is making anyone take a vaccine. If someone doesn't want to take a vaccine, they can go elsewhere. Freedom!

giphy.gif

One thing about Max Dean ... he's shown an ability to make adjustments to beat some opponents who seemingly has his number.

He was 0-2 against Zavatsky losing 9-5 then 13-6 before beating him 9-0 the third time.
He was 0-2 against MyMar losing 17-7 then 13-6 before beating him 5-4 the third time.

I'm not overly concerned about some of his freestyle results recently ... the kid is clearly more of a folkstyler, not unlike his brother.

Reactions: PASLP2
Rob Koll with some interesting comments on Max on Baschamania:

He admitted he was upset about the transfer (said I was hoping badly for him for 2 days) then realized I still love the kid. Honestly, props for Koll for not sugarcoating how he felt originally (was upset Gabe and Max left for reasons he couldn't control)

Then he added this tidbit "He's just not a great freestyler but folkstyle ... his gas tank is going to go a long way."

I didn't want to start a new thread but I wanted to give props to Max Dean. What a great addition to our team and program. Max has fit in flawlessly, way exceeded my expectations and has been a joy to watch. Another great get in the portal by Cael and co. I really like MB but Max has been stellar this season. Hopefully Max gets his hand raised on Saturday night in 2 weeks. Thanks again for coming aboard Max!

Is max done after this year or does he have another year ? Wondering since he hasn’t wrestled in 2 yrs

Is max done after this year or does he have another year ? Wondering since he hasn’t wrestled in 2 yrs
Has another year and didn't opt for senior day activities but Cael hinted basically he isn't ruling out moving on if NCAAs goes well (and by going well, I mean he wins)

Max seems to have really blossomed under this staff and program. He was good at Cornell but I don't think anyone saw this coming. Seems like a really good kid, too. Very humble, very grateful, and almost seems like he is living in a dream world. Like he can't believe it. If he does leave I can't seem him anywhere else but the NLWC if he is wrestling after college. And his brother is wearing PSU garb.

Reactions: creamery freak
Max seems to have really blossomed under this staff and program. He was good at Cornell but I don't think anyone saw this coming. Seems like a really good kid, too. Very humble, very grateful, and almost seems like he is living in a dream world. Like he can't believe it. If he does leave I can't seem him anywhere else but the NLWC if he is wrestling after college. And his brother is wearing PSU garb.

You certainly saw the talent flash there when he beat Martin.

Reactions: creamery freak
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT