ADVERTISEMENT

Max Dean: done deal

Good to hear. If anything, this is a wake up call for him that he needs to be better. A person of high character takes something like this as a challenge to make themselves better instead of getting down, running away, or complaining.
I think the wake up call should be to those that make up surgery rumors, but maybe that’s just me.

Good to hear. If anything, this is a wake up call for him that he needs to be better. A person of high character takes something like this as a challenge to make themselves better instead of getting down, running away, or complaining.
This is extremely condescending ... yes Michael has things to work on but you think he needed a wake up call for that? Anything we critique Michael on just as fans, trust me, he is way harder on himself.

Also - Michael doesn't need to prove he's a high character kid, we know that already. If he hypothetically chose to explore other options because of this, this wouldn't lower his character whatsoever.

This is extremely condescending ... yes Michael has things to work on but you think he needed a wake up call for that? Anything we critique Michael on just as fans, trust me, he is way harder on himself.

Also - Michael doesn't need to prove he's a high character kid, we know that already. If he hypothetically chose to explore other options because of this, this wouldn't lower his character whatsoever.
You've completely misunderstood what I was saying.

You've completely misunderstood what I was saying.
What were you trying to say? Tbh, it sounded like you were saying Michael thinks he's good enough as is and wants to just be handed the 197 spot without putting in the work for it.

What were you trying to say? Tbh, it sounded like you were saying Michael thinks he's good enough as is and wants to just be handed the 197 spot without putting in the work for it.

Let's squash all this. He was surprised of the transfer, as any existing starter from any program would first be when a new high profile athlete transfers to your team. However, his attitude quickly changed to "Screw it! I'm not going anyone and anyone trying to take my spot better think otherwise!". That's the kid that his parents raised, and how we coached him at Malvern Prep. Iron sharps Iron!

Is there another scenario that Cael has planned for this team that no one has mentioned yet that could get everyone in the line-up next year??? Think about it.

Let's squash all this. He was surprised of the transfer, as any existing starter from any program would first be when a new high profile athlete transfers to your team. However, his attitude quickly changed to "Screw it! I'm not going anyone and anyone trying to take my spot better think otherwise!". That's the kid that his parents raised, and how we coached him at Malvern Prep. Iron sharps Iron!

Is there another scenario that Cael has planned for this team that no one has mentioned yet that could get everyone in the line-up next year??? Think about it.
I absolutely love this post.

I love the attitude. It's old school and we need more of that.

#letsgetiton

Nah, Starocci to 165 was already confirmed here. AB cutting to 174 only makes sense. National champion see, national champion do. 184 clear for Dean. And if AB needs motivation, I hear Cael is willing to come to practice wearing a polo and singlet.

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone

Dean going 165!

Guess that means Griffith has to cut to 157?

Reactions: nitlion6
Dean and Brooks both have redshirts available, and would both qualify for an Olympic Redshirt in 2024 if they are still here. There are definitely scenarios where we can kick the can ahead for awhile.

Is there another scenario that Cael has planned for this team that no one has mentioned yet that could get everyone in the line-up next year??? Think about it
They adding another weight class or something?

Michael is NOT getting surgery or injured currently. He's currently working out every day.
Right now...in the room? Then I guess it’s really up to him how good he wants to be. 😉

Last edited:
Right now...in the room? Then I guess it’s really up to him how good he wants to be. 😉
Michael Beard will be wrestling at 197 for Penn State Next Year.......or my name isn't RumplestiltskinNikeAdidasPerriwinkleFreestyleRidingTimeBoobs. :)
Seriously: I do believe Michael will be the PSU 197 lb. wrestler next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: bwfight
Nice pickup for PSU. I'm curious how this all plays out.

does Brooks redshirt this year or next(or never)?

Brooks to 97?

Beard/Dean wrestle-off?

Any impact to getting Facundo into the lineup?

Nice pickup for PSU. I'm curious how this all plays out.

does Brooks redshirt this year or next(or never)?

Brooks to 97?

Beard/Dean wrestle-off?

Any impact to getting Facundo into the lineup?
Beard/Dean wrestleoff seems like the most likely scenario.

No impact on Facundo I imagine ... I think he was always headed for a redshirt.

Beard/Dean wrestleoff seems like the most likely scenario.
Newsflash! Mineo reports that Beard and Dean have sharpened each other too much. They’ve sharpened into coneheads. :oops:

3cb4ef3277b51b27070c9f70f7c10864.jpg

Last edited:
I apologize profusely in advance - poured a can of gas in the dumpster.

The same people who 'mandate' this vaccine 'for everyone' are the same who scream the loudest that it is a woman's body, who are we to impose.... and are the most ardent pro choicers.

There can be no pro choice with Covid, no sir.
Just sayin.

If you believe the vaccine works get one and you are protected. Why should you then care if the person next to you chooses not to get one especially if they are college age and extremely low risk.

I got the J&J the day before they shut it down, no blood clots yet, and I begrudge noone who wants to make their own decision well informed or otherwise. Freedom is great, and when the world begins to allow people to make both good and bad decisions for themselves (like drinking a 20 oz soda in NY for instance) then we will have made progress.

I apologize profusely in advance - poured a can of gas in the dumpster.

The same people who 'mandate' this vaccine 'for everyone' are the same who scream the loudest that it is a woman's body, who are we to impose.... and are the most ardent pro choicers.

There can be no pro choice with Covid, no sir.
Just sayin.

If you believe the vaccine works get one and you are protected. Why should you then care if the person next to you chooses not to get one especially if they are college age and extremely low risk.

I got the J&J the day before they shut it down, no blood clots yet, and I begrudge noone who wants to make their own decision well informed or otherwise. Freedom is great, and when the world begins to allow people to make both good and bad decisions for themselves (like drinking a 20 oz soda in NY for instance) then we will have made progress.
Government mandates should be a hard no. Private companies or employers should be allowed to, though, because you are free to take your business or employment elsewhere if you disagree that strongly. This would be the equivalent of a Catholic hospital refusing to do abortions, which many do refuse. There is no issue with that at all because people are still free to get it elsewhere. It's not a ban on abortion.

Vaccine requirements for school are not a new thing. Just today, we got an email from my son's high school that he is missing a required meningitis vaccine from his vaccine record that he has to get or he can't come back next year. The Covid vaccine is only controversial because it's been overpoliticized.

I got the J&J shot as well. The incidence of those blood clots from the virus is 200,000x greater than the incidence from the shot. I'm not worried.

Well, it's Thursday. I listened to Gabe Dean's interview on Monday. I've seen lots of articles reporting Max Dean transferring to PSU and every article based upon Gabe's interview. But, I haven't seen a confirmation from PSU, or Cael, or an interview with Max Dean. It can't be that difficult to track down Max and hear the words come from his mouth. Seems like an eerie silence. Or, is this normal . . . things need worked out . . . etc, etc, etc. I'd be happy to know more. What has to happen so we hear directly from PSU, or Cael, or Max?

Well, it's Thursday. I listened to Gabe Dean's interview on Monday. I've seen lots of articles reporting Max Dean transferring to PSU and every article based upon Gabe's interview. But, I haven't seen a confirmation from PSU, or Cael, or an interview with Max Dean. It can't be that difficult to track down Max and hear the words come from his mouth. Seems like an eerie silence. Or, is this normal . . . things need worked out . . . etc, etc, etc. I'd be happy to know more. What has to happen so we hear directly from PSU, or Cael, or Max?
Cael will announce it at his Bicentennial Flo Press Conference.

Reactions: danoftw
Are you saying that you don't trust Gabe or take his word that his brother has transferred to Penn State?

Last edited:
Are you saying that you don't trust Gabe or take his word that his brother has transferred to Penn State?
Simply asking. A lot of "reporters" have written the same story., and not a single one of these "reporters" has bothered to track down Max Dean and interview him? I'd like to read that article. I'd like to hear from Max.

Don't universities require vaccines for Freshmen? I forget. Maybe they're adding this going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT