ADVERTISEMENT

Max Dean: done deal

Gabe made it sound like Max would like to stay 184 but it's really up to Aaron to decide if he wants to go up to 197.

• Love
Reactions: lionlover
Dean would have two years remaining? And the million dollar question....where is Beard in all of this?
Correct, he has 2 years remaining and he technically should have a redshirt since he enrolled in 2017, wrestled 2018/2019, Olympic Redshirted in 2020 (qualified from being Top 3 in 2019 NCAAs) then 2021 didn't count for anybody. (Ivy League doesn't allow redshirts obviously)

As for our lineup, it's pretty simple, what Aaron wants ultimately decides the next moves. If Aaron wants to go 197 then Beard is out of luck. If Aaron stays at 184, then better man between Beard/Dean gets 197.

Also - I remember some rumors that Gabe was a package deal with Max. Gabe shot that down, he's completely retired and focused on his business ventures in Michigan. Cornell is looking to fill his coaching role now.

He really threw the Ivy League, and more specifically, the Cornell President (Martha E Pollack) under the bus. Gabe said decisions were made unilaterally with no explanations. Not even the AD was consulted on sports matters.

They ... I'm assuming he and his brother ... finally put their foot down when the league canceled spring sports while everyone else is out there competing.

He also recalled how the University threatened to expel a FB player after going home to visit his parents without 1st getting permission. He makes it sound like the University is attempting to run a totalitarian state.

Last edited:
Correct, he has 2 years remaining and he technically should have a redshirt since he enrolled in 2017, wrestled 2018/2019, Olympic Redshirted in 2020 (qualified from being Top 3 in 2019 NCAAs) then 2021 didn't count for anybody. (Ivy League doesn't allow redshirts obviously)

As for our lineup, it's pretty simple, what Aaron wants ultimately decides the next moves. If Aaron wants to go 197 then Beard is out of luck. If Aaron stays at 184, then better man between Beard/Dean gets 197.
Why is one situation out of luck while the other is better man? Both situations are better man.

Pretty big pick up that I didn't think was going to happen. He'll obviously get better in the room. I'm really surprised this happened, but it's definitely not a bad thing.

giphy.gif

Wow, Gabe Dean just unloaded on the Cornell President and adminstration. My respect for him and his brother just went through the roof. More people need to stand up for what they believe in and act when things aren't right. Something smells rotten in Ithaca and happy the Dean's called BS on the entire situation there.

Wow, Gabe Dean just unloaded on the Cornell President and adminstration. My respect for him and his brother just went through the roof. More people need to stand up for what they believe in and act when things aren't right. Something smells rotten in Ithaca and happy the Dean's called BS on the entire situation there.

Gabe sounds like a spoiled child.

Is he going to complain when state schools require students to get COVID vaccinations, too?

Because, helpful hint: that's coming down the line. I mean, every reputable school requires kids to have proof of an MMR, tetanus, meningitis, Hep B, and polio shot on record. Those diseases don't kill many American college students, either.

Also, glad to hear that he's a "component" of freedom. What a maroon.

Is he going to complain when state schools require students to get COVID vaccinations, too?

Because, helpful hint: that's coming down the line. I mean, every reputable school requires kids to have proof of an MMR, tetanus, meningitis, Hep B, and polio shot on record. Those diseases don't kill many American college students, either.

Yeah, he just might complain. So what. The Ivy league messed up big time. They hurt their student athletes for no reason.

Yeah, he just might complain. So what. The Ivy league messed up big time. They hurt their student athletes for no reason.

Oh, I have no disagreements with him there. The Ivy schools could have safely participated in spring sports. If anything, because of the testing requirements, it might have actually kept their student athletes safer than the general student population.

My point was that if his brother left Cornell in part because of what he BELIEVES their vaccination requirements to be, he's likely to be extremely disappointed this fall or spring semester.

Oh, I have no disagreements with him there. The Ivy schools could have safely participated in spring sports. If anything, because of the testing requirements, it might have actually kept their student athletes safer than the general student population.

My point was that if his brother left Cornell in part because of what he BELIEVES their vaccination requirements to be, he's likely to be extremely disappointed this fall or spring semester.
I love this just to see the butt hurt on HR.

Reactions: Ja1339 and danoftw

This is a rather ignorant take on polio, at least.

This is a rather ignorant take on polio, at least.

There were 0 reported deaths from polio, and no reported cases of polio in 2019, in the United States, per the CDC.***

And, FWIW, I've seen plenty of polio victims, in real life, an arms reach away. I'm well aware of the benefits of vaccination against it. I was not advocating against the polio vaccine or any other vaccine in any way.

***Because of successful vaccination efforts in this and many other countries.

There were 0 reported deaths from polio, and no reported cases of polio in 2019, in the United States, per the CDC.***

And, FWIW, I've seen plenty of polio victims, in real life, an arms reach away. I'm well aware of the benefits of vaccination against it. I was not advocating against the polio vaccine or any other vaccine in any way.

***Because of successful vaccination efforts in this and many other countries.
"Zero deaths in 2019" doubles down on the objectionable part of that statement.

That you've seen polio victims in real life and continue to cite deaths, is revealing.

ADVERTISEMENT