ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Rhule can flat out coach. Does Penn State Proud

therod

Jul 9, 2002
In two very close game and at the half he makes adjustments and his team pulls away and he ends up dominating. It's almost as though he anticipates the game and has plan B ready to implement at the half. So far great coaching.

I agree, but then near in the 4rth he started going very conservative and was fortunate to keep the lead. I hate when coaches leave what was working too soon for prevent Ds and just running the clock.

He still has a losing career record (well below .500). He may be a good coach, but there is a body there beyond two games.

In two very close game and at the half he makes adjustments and his team pulls away and he ends up dominating. It's almost as though he anticipates the game and has plan B ready to implement at the half. So far great coaching.
Certainly can't draw that conclusion from his current resume. Time will tell. Almost gave it back in the 4th quarter when they were outscored 14 - 3. It's not all on him either way. Temple has a bit of a better and more experienced team too. Coaches always look better when their players are better.

Amazing. 10 years ago it was not clear that program would continue to exist. Glad to see the success

And temple athletic supporters would do well to remember that it is two Penn Staters who have coached there in the last ten years.

Reactions: therod
Yep, just another in the line of successful and honorable men that had the privilege of learning under the tutelage of the great Joseph Paterno.

Matt is making Joe and PSU proud, and Temple is no joke. They would smash teams like Rutgers and Pitt. Quite obvious, but I'll point it out anyway... Temple is PSU's biggest challenge in recruiting over any other northeastern team right now. Much better school, football team and coach than that of Rutgers or Pitt.

Yep, just another in the line of successful and honorable men that had the privilege of learning under the tutelage of the great Joseph Paterno.

Matt is making Joe and PSU proud, and Temple is no joke. They would smash teams like Rutgers and Pitt. Quite obvious, but I'll point it out anyway... Temple is PSU's biggest challenge in recruiting over any other northeastern team right now. Much better school, football team and coach than that of Rutgers or Pitt.
Good job by Matt but If Temple is our biggest recruiting challenge we are in great shape. Inner city school with a small fan base and low end facilities. And not a better school than Pitt or Rutgers

Reactions: PSU-Knocker
Good job by Matt but If Temple is our biggest recruiting challenge we are in great shape. Inner city school with a small fan base and low end facilities. And not a better school than Pitt or Rutgers
Temple is a better school than Pitt and Rutgers combined.

Ok. So we should remember that two Brown alums built our program and then held it together, and forever be indebted to Brown?

Use your head and think context. temple athletic supporters have been talking trash the past week because success against Penn State is new to them. We've also had a few temple athletic supporters talk nonsense about Penn State the past few years, not understanding the facts around the scandal. All the while, their greatest football success has come under the leadership of two of Joe's former players. They should show Penn State respect, not just because of their last two coaches, but when talking football, they should remember where Golden and Rhule went to school.

And since you mentioned Brown, I respect Brown because it is a great school, not just because two of Penn State's coaches came from there. Is Penn State forever indebted to Brown? No, and let's not be stupid about it. That isn't the point. It's about respect. Brown should be respected, for many reasons.

Reactions: therod

What do you base that on? Rankings? Academic rankings have their flaws, but the U.S. News & World Report rankings, which are the most often cited, rank pitt and ru well ahead of temple.

Better in what way? Show me anything that ranks Temple undergrad above Pitt or Maryland. Have you ever been to Temple? I did grad work there and you are talking out your a**.

What do you base that on? Rankings? Academic rankings have their flaws, but the U.S. News & World Report rankings, which are the most often cited, rank pitt and ru well ahead of temple.
I base everything I say on the only thing I care about.... my opinions.

Better in what way? Show me anything that ranks Temple undergrad above Pitt or Maryland. Have you ever been to Temple? I did grad work there and you are talking out your a**.
Actually, I'm writing on a message board, not talking at all. Didn't learn much from those grad years, did you now?

Also, you're making the terrible mistake of thinking I care about anything your have to say. I don't. Stop bothering me.

I won't even address the better school item, I assume you're talking about academics. Lol. It's a stupid debate to even get into. Temple's mission is to take a chance more with undergrad, and that helps to devalue some academic rankings. My FOX MBA is ranked #1 by U.S. News tied with UNC. I'll take that.

That said, inner city schools aka urban are in right now.

And Temple has brand new football facilities. They have also upgraded the facilities of every other sport, both revenue and Olympic.

Temple just inked a lucrative Under Armour deal equivalent to that of the University of Maryland.

Temple is located in the 4th largest TV Market. Small fan base? Makes sense considering the history. But Philadelphia loves a winner. Remember how they reacted to the Monique Davis? If you win- Philly shows love.

Temple has 300k alumni in the tri state area, and currently has 17k students living on or near campus. Temple is no longer a commuter school, and is rising.

You can deny all of this, or acknowledge that Matt Rhule is both a great recruiter and coach.

Matt's record is diluted by his first season. He won two games because Steve Addazio left the cupboard bare. And he installed a much different system.

I won't even address the better school item, I assume you're talking about academics. Lol. It's a stupid debate to even get into. Temple's mission is to take a chance more with undergrad, and that helps to devalue some academic rankings. My FOX MBA is ranked #1 by U.S. News tied with UNC. I'll take that.

That said, inner city schools aka urban are in right now.

And Temple has brand new football facilities. They have also upgraded the facilities of every other sport, both revenue and Olympic.

Temple just inked a lucrative Under Armour deal equivalent to that of the University of Maryland.

Temple is located in the 4th largest TV Market. Small fan base? Makes sense considering the history. But Philadelphia loves a winner. Remember how they reacted to the Monique Davis? If you win- Philly shows love.

Temple has 300k alumni in the tri state area, and currently has 17k students living on or near campus. Temple is no longer a commuter school, and is rising.

You can deny all of this, or acknowledge that Matt Rhule is both a great recruiter and coach.

Matt's record is diluted by his first season. He won two games because Steve Addazio left the cupboard bare. And he installed a much different system.
I know all about Temple. As stated did work there. I am glad they are having some success and you are proud of your school. The facts are the facts.

ADVERTISEMENT