ADVERTISEMENT

-

Prayers out to Matt and his family. Trust that everything will go well and he'll bounce back quickly. My brother-in-law just got a new right lung and is doing well. We're blessed to live in a free country and able to take advantage of all the terrific medical technology and gifted doctors we have!

What Christmas is all about and one we'll never forget!

Prayers out to Matt and his family. Trust that everything will go well and he'll bounce back quickly. My brother-in-law just got a new right lung and is doing well. We're blessed to live in a free country and able to take advantage of all the terrific medical technology and gifted doctors we have!

What Christmas is all about and one we'll never forget!

Prayers for Matt's surgery and healing and your brother-in-law's continued healing. What a wonderful Christmas gift for each of them and certainly their family and friends as well. May each of them enjoy a full and rewarding life for the rest of their time with us.

Matt Millen gets Christmas Eve heart transplant

The former NFL linebacker and Lions General Manager suffers from amyloidosis and has been in a Newark, New Jersey hospital waiting for a heart transplant for some time. King’s column opens with a text exchange he had with Millen on Sunday afternoon that includes Millen informing King that a heart had been found.

Millen was set to go into surgery at 1 a.m. on Monday morning and would take between four and six hours, so he’s likely in the operating room at this moment.

“Tell ‘em to pray,” Millen said when asked about a message for King’s readers. “I’ll need it.”

We’ll do that and send our best wishes for Millen and his family.

https://apple.news/A-yB1AbX5T6WgCVRUNKLHaw

Big Ten feature on Millen. I really admire his outward courage in this video about all that he is facing.

Big Ten feature on Millen. I really admire his outward courage in this video about all that he is facing.
I've never been associated with anyone who received a transplant but what Millen talked about must be on the mind of every transplant recipient. It's the fact they're getting a chance to live longer because someone else most often died. That has to weigh heavy on one's mind at times. So while it's great Matt's getting the opportunity to live a longer and healthier life, my thoughts also turn to the family of the donor and what they're experiencing. No doubt their grieving a loss but on the other hand they're very generous people for allowing organ donations to help others. Given Matt's remarks it's obvious the Millen family gets all this. It's hard to imagine the emotions of all the people involved.

DvMB2N6VAAAyWiZ.jpg

The former NFL linebacker and Lions General Manager suffers from amyloidosis and has been in a Newark, New Jersey hospital waiting for a heart transplant for some time. King’s column opens with a text exchange he had with Millen on Sunday afternoon that includes Millen informing King that a heart had been found.

Millen was set to go into surgery at 1 a.m. on Monday morning and would take between four and six hours, so he’s likely in the operating room at this moment.

“Tell ‘em to pray,” Millen said when asked about a message for King’s readers. “I’ll need it.”

Way to go Matt....The heart of a Lion.

Had a girlfriend who’s father had a heart transplant and it the turnaround was pretty miraculous. After the transplant he was as good as new. He golfed, stayed in shape etc.

Hoping Milen a speedy recovery.

Reactions: rtrexler

Great to read that the surgery was successful. What a great XMas present....I look forward to seeing him on tv again soon! God bless the man!

Matt was close to getting a heart about two weeks ago but for reasons I wont't get into it didn't happen. I was with him and Ann last week and he was in good spirits and optimistic. This is wonderful news and a great Christmas present for the Millen family and all of Matt's supporters.

Matt’s son said everything went extremely well. If anyone can survive and thrive after this, it’s Matt. He strongest, toughest, most tenacious person I’ve ever known.

Been praying and we'll keep praying for Matt!

Best wishes and prayers to Matt and his family.

I've never been associated with anyone who received a transplant but what Millen talked about must be on the mind of every transplant recipient. It's the fact they're getting a chance to live longer because someone else most often died. That has to weigh heavy on one's mind at times. So while it's great Matt's getting the opportunity to live a longer and healthier life, my thoughts also turn to the family of the donor and what they're experiencing. No doubt their grieving a loss but on the other hand they're very generous people for allowing organ donations to help others. Given Matt's remarks it's obvious the Millen family gets all this. It's hard to imagine the emotions of all the people involved.

Yeah, I wanted to add a shout out to the hero who decided to be an organ donor. To be honest, it's something that everyone should do.

Fantastic news for the Millen family. Tough for the donor’s family, losing a loved one on Christmas Eve. At least they can take solace that their loved one gave the ultimate Christmas to another family.

Praying for Matt. He's one heck of a person in many ways. As smart, honest and brave as there is.

Reactions: EPC FAN
Update:
Monday began with word from Peter King in Football Morning in America that former NFL linebacker and Lions General Manager Matt Millen was having heart transplant surgery after months in the hospital waiting for an organ.

Millen was set to start the four to six hour surgery around 1 a.m. and King got an update from Millen’s wife Pat a little after 8 a.m. ET.

“Doctors said the heart was a perfect match and he is doing well. The surgery went smoothly.”

Millen is in recovery and will stay there through the late afternoon. Everyone at PFT is hopeful that Millen continues to do well and sends warm wishes to him, his loved ones and the loved ones of the donor whose heart is now beating in Millen’s chest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT