ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Lauer fired by NBC

how can you not like this guy?
x_tdy_tov_matt_birthday_charlie_161230.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg

Matt-Lauer-Dressed-Pamela-Anderson-Halloween-2013.jpg

Friend is telling me that men are coming forward as well complaining about Lauer... anyone else hearing that Matt was swinging from both sides of the plate?
first think I asked, who complained, a woman or man?

When I first read this (around 10:30 am) I was incensed that somehow a meeting could be called at 6pm on one night and man fired the next morning. No details, no rebuttals, just... 'your career is toast.'

So I googled the matt lauer mess along with "where is his due process" and got nothing but constant "factual" reporting... every media outlet reported the exact same thing.

And then I scrolled WAY down and found an article on one of the underground websites... and lo and behold, there it was: VF was about to bomb Lauer and clearly NBC was presented with enough information to know they had to get ahead of the tidal wave. They bailed fast.

On the bright side, they did the right thing and yet another POS has been exposed (and seriously, I'm hardly a prude in the sexual game, but I have never once considered just dropping my drawers and expecting one of my employees to get busy... or watch while I do.. it's simply a bizarre behavior and seems to be stock in trade of these assholes... is there some kind of seminar they attend??).

On the other, it bothers me that none of the msm even made an effort to find out why nbc would just put matt out with the trash without what would seem a full investigation (iow, there was hardly time to do a real investigation into the allegations... so why wasn't someone questioning how a 20 year darling is fired on one allegation).

Good to see him gone.. the little boy is slime. I hope there are actual criminal charges filed... that would be fun.

And how many more are to follow? And how long before women in high positions start facing allegations of impropriety?

Reactions: 91Joe95
More information is coming out about lauer. See the link below. From the article:

"Later in the day, Variety published a story containing additional sexual harassment allegations against Lauer. The story cited accounts from three unnamed women.

The publication also included allegations that NBC News protected Lauer, citing several woman and saying "they complained to executives at the network about Lauer's behavior, which fell on deaf ears given the lucrative advertising surrounding 'Today.'"

CNN has not independently confirmed the charges. And Lauer has not commented.

"We can say unequivocally, that, prior to Monday night, current NBC News management was never made aware of any complaints about Matt Lauer's conduct," an NBC spokesperson told CNN in the wake of the Variety story."

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/29/media/matt-lauer/index.html

It the above statements are true, then it appears as though nbc knew about lauer previously and only took action yesterday when backed into a corner by the media.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and demlion
More information is coming out about lauer. See the link below. From the article:

"Later in the day, Variety published a story containing additional sexual harassment allegations against Lauer. The story cited accounts from three unnamed women.

The publication also included allegations that NBC News protected Lauer, citing several woman and saying "they complained to executives at the network about Lauer's behavior, which fell on deaf ears given the lucrative advertising surrounding 'Today.'"

"We can say unequivocally, that, prior to Monday night, current NBC News management was never made aware of any complaints about Matt Lauer's conduct," an NBC spokesperson told CNN in the wake of the Variety story."

It the above statements are true, then it appears as though nbc knew about lauer previously and only took action yesterday when backed into a corner by the media.

NBC needs to be punished, I suggest they put all executives in jail, and a 5 year bowl ban.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and 91Joe95

Key phrase is "current NBC management."

Former NBC management was informed and did NOTHING.

Complaints were certainly kept in his personnel file, which current management likely had access to. I just don't see any way that current management didn't know about him.

Maybe they just told Matt to wear swim trunks, that is an air tight strategy.

The key is the widespread pattern of reported abuses of women throughout the old mainstream media for decades, decades of coverups for ratings and Adv $$ and perhaps a hundred or more women who are reporting abuse by some 19 MSM members, including many of the most influential.

Last edited:
The key is the widespread pattern of reported abuses of women throughout the old mainstream media for decades, decades of coverups for ratings and Adv $$ and hundreds of women who are reporting abuse by some 19 MSM members, including many of the most influential.
And the relatively new media like Fox. You keep trying to leave that out. The FOUNDER of Fox was a brutal abuser.

Not really sure how NBC can say that when Andrew Lack, current Chairman, has been at NBC since the early 90's. He was supposedly friends with Lauer.

I am telling you, the luckiest SOB on the planet was Huge Hefner. He was, in essence, a human trafficer for decades. He played out the string until he couldn't stand up anymore then died a peaceful death "weeks" before the crap hit the fan.

Against my better judgment I will comment....This isn’t complicated guys. Powerful people (mostly men by a long shot) feel entitled and bulletproof to sexually impose themselves on other people at an alarming rate. Its been going on forever and is just getting exposed more frequently now. That’s a good thing.

It’s unrelated to red or blue pom poms, conservative or liberal media, etc. Its politicians at the highest levels on down, powerful businessmen, doctors, celebrities, athletes, etc. of all colors, ethnicities, creeds or political persuasions. The hypocrisy of each side to only want to look at the other side is truly pathetic, but par for the course I guess.

Against my better judgment I will comment....This isn’t complicated guys. Powerful people (mostly men by a long shot) feel entitled and bulletproof to sexually impose themselves on other people at an alarming rate. Its been going on forever and is just getting exposed more frequently now. That’s a good thing.

It’s unrelated to red or blue pom poms, conservative or liberal media, etc. Its politicians at the highest levels on down, powerful businessmen, doctors, celebrities, athletes, etc. of all colors, ethnicities, creeds or political persuasions. The hypocrisy of each side to only want to look at the other side is truly pathetic, but par for the course I guess.
tenor.gif

I am telling you, the luckiest SOB on the planet was Huge Hefner. He was, in essence, a human trafficer for decades. He played out the string until he couldn't stand up anymore then died a peaceful death "weeks" before the crap hit the fan.

I don't see how this is the same thing. Hugh Hefner offering a lifestyle to women for their *companionship* is more of a business arrangement between two willing parties. Certainly, Hefner was in a position where many women were willing to make that deal and when he died, I didn't hear any of them say boo about misconduct or assault. The only person I've ever heard speak ill of HH was Holly Madison via her book, and then it was how 'gross' he was (though she also went along with it). She probably would have never said anything had he married her like she wanted.

I don't see how this is the same thing. Hugh Hefner offering a lifestyle to women for their *companionship* is more of a business arrangement between two willing parties. Certainly, Hefner was in a position where many women were willing to make that deal and when he died, I didn't hear any of them say boo about misconduct or assault. The only person I've ever heard speak ill of HH was Holly Madison via her book, and then it was how 'gross' he was (though she also went along with it). She probably would have never said anything had he married her like she wanted.
Fair enough. But the same can be said of Weinstein and Lauer. They didn't force anyone and broke no criminal laws. I think Louis CK said it best:

"These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first, which is also true. But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your dick isn’t a question. It’s a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly. I have been remorseful of my actions. And I’ve tried to learn from them. And run from them. Now I’m aware of the extent of the impact of my actions. I learned yesterday the extent to which I left these women who admired me feeling badly about themselves and cautious around other men who would never have put them in that position.

"I also took advantage of the fact that I was widely admired in my and their community, which disabled them from sharing their story and brought hardship to them when they tried because people who look up to me didn’t want to hear it. I didn’t think that I was doing any of that because my position allowed me not to think about it."

Fair enough. But the same can be said of Weinstein and Lauer. They didn't force anyone and broke no criminal laws. I think Louis CK said it best:

"These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first, which is also true. But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your dick isn’t a question. It’s a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly. I have been remorseful of my actions. And I’ve tried to learn from them. And run from them. Now I’m aware of the extent of the impact of my actions. I learned yesterday the extent to which I left these women who admired me feeling badly about themselves and cautious around other men who would never have put them in that position.

"I also took advantage of the fact that I was widely admired in my and their community, which disabled them from sharing their story and brought hardship to them when they tried because people who look up to me didn’t want to hear it. I didn’t think that I was doing any of that because my position allowed me not to think about it."

Again, dropping your pants, giving a colleague a sex toy and then telling them what you want them to do with it, or un-robing in front of a co-worker or suggesting someone wanting to work with you come to your room is a different animal than anything associated with how Hef supposedly conducted business. Holly's book is full of examples of how this worked - the 'main girls' brought other women to Hef's room and told them what was up and how things worked. Don't forget Weinstein is also accused of rape; something Hef has never been remotely accused of. I agree he was a guy whose power, wealth, and influence got him laid a ton but I don't see how he's at all similar to these guys who have groped or sexually assaulted women without consent.

And Lauer just interviewed Bill O'Reilly about sexual misconduct allegations .... I wonder what Lauer had to be thinking while interviewing O'Reilly as well as researching for the interview...

Gotta love the hypocrisy! Glad the turd was exposed. Part ofLauer's interview with O'Reilly:

"But think about those five women and what they did,” Lauer said. “They came forward and filed complaints against the biggest star at the network they worked at. Think about how intimidating that must have been and how nerve wracking that must have been. Doesn’t that tell you how strongly they felt about the way they were treated by you?

“Let me put a period on it this way, Bill, by asking you over the last six months since your firing, have you done some soul searching? Have you done some self-reflection? And have you looked at the way you treated women that you think now or think about differently now than you did at the time?”

Reactions: 91Joe95 and bwifan
And the relatively new media like Fox. You keep trying to leave that out. The FOUNDER of Fox was a brutal abuser.

Nope - Posts mentioning it have been deleted, along with the ongoing count that is now up to 110 accused of various forms of inappropriate sexual acts, from Hollywood and the old Mainstream Media.

Those 110 accused abusers from Hollywood and the old Mainstream Media are the result of hundreds of women who have reportedly been abused by their inappropriate actions, including rape.

The accused in Hollywood and the old Mainstream Media include some of the biggest names, biggest leaders and most powerful individuals. The accused include influential leaders at too many of the core Mainstream Media outlets that have also been accused of abusing individuals and victims for decades with their false media smear campaigns.

Still to be unmasked is how in too many cases, those near the situations report that "everybody knew" but they collectively enabled the abuse of hundreds of women to continue for a very long time.

Last edited:
Reactions: N&B4PSU and 91Joe95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT