Matt hits home run on Dr. Phil

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Transgender has become another right wing culture war fought for the most part by people who are uneducated and ignorant on the issue.
Your sex is the biology you are born with. Your gender is how you feel about yourself. Usually the two mesh, but sometimes they don't. There is no biological test for gender/transgender just like there is no biologic test for gay or straight. Transgender phobia is very similar to homophobia of the recent past. In 2022 most people accept homosexuality. Transgender hormone treatments and surgical treatments are not entered into quickly or lightly. These people need our love and support not accusations that they are ruining our society.

Gimme a break, Jason.

The "treatments" are being handed out like gumdrops to teenagers...in many states without the consent of their parents.

Wake up, pal, and stop reciting Wokeist talking points. You're smarter than that.

That said, yes, these people do need our love and support. But the best love and support comes from speaking the truth...not handing out poison pills on demand.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
Transgender has become another right wing culture war fought for the most part by people who are uneducated and ignorant on the issue.
Your sex is the biology you are born with. Your gender is how you feel about yourself. Usually the two mesh, but sometimes they don't. There is no biological test for gender/transgender just like there is no biologic test for gay or straight. Transgender phobia is very similar to homophobia of the recent past. In 2022 most people accept homosexuality. Transgender hormone treatments and surgical treatments are not entered into quickly or lightly. These people need our love and support not accusations that they are ruining our society.
This is absolute, nonsense. It's not about any phobia. It's about honesty and fairness towards women.

Jason1743

Jan 23, 2006
This is absolute, nonsense. It's not about any phobia. It's about honesty and fairness towards women.
If you are talking about trans women competitive advantages in sports, I agree that is a problem that can and should be addressed. All the other nonsense on this board about transgenders ruining society, etc. is bullshit. “Saving” competitive sports is not a reason to prohibit individuals to express their inner selves and be happy.

Last edited:

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016
If you are talking about trans women competitive advantages in sports, I agree that is a problem that can and should be addressed. All the other nonsense on this board about transgenders ruining society, etc. is bullshit. “Saving” competitive sports is not a reason to prohibit individuals to express their inner selves.

Trans people aren't ruining society. It's the woke lefties who think society should stop and roll over to such a small minority

Reactions: Hotshoe and Jerry

Jason1743

Jan 23, 2006
Gimme a break, Jason.

The "treatments" are being handed out like gumdrops to teenagers...in many states without the consent of their parents.

Wake up, pal, and stop reciting Wokeist talking points. You're smarter than that.

That said, yes, these people do need our love and support. But the best love and support comes from speaking the truth...not handing out poison pills on demand.
I can’t and won’t say that all states handle gender affirming treatments equally well. I can tell you that I recently had a very long conversation about transgender with my cousin who is the Executive Director of a LGBT teen clinic at a major medical school. My cousin is not gay, trans or woke. Trans kids minimally go through a year of therapy/counseling before any gender affirming treatment is initiated. Not all kids are “accepted” into hormone or surgical therapies. For children and teens the initial therapy is often puberty DELAYING drugs to allow the kid and his/her family time to sort things out.
These kids are in pain. Ignoring their pain is not a treatment plan. Do kids change their mind? Does treatment sometimes change? Yes.

Last edited:

Jerry

May 29, 2001
I can’t and won’t say that all states handle gender affirming treatments equally well. I can tell you that I recently had a very long conversation about transgender with my cousin who is the Executive Director of a LGBT teen clinic at a major medical school. My cousin is not gay, trans or woke. Trans kids minimally go through a year of therapy/counseling before any gender affirming treatment is initiated. Not all kids are “accepted” into hormone or surgical therapies. For children and teens the initial therapy is often puberty DELAYING drugs to allow the kid and his/her family time to sort things out.
These kids are in pain. Ignoring their pain is not a treatment plan. Do kids change their mind? Does treatment sometimes change? Yes.

The pain of "these kids" is manufactured, cultivated, and magnified by those who cater to and profit from it.

Pain is a fact of life, Jason. Dealing with and living through it is how we grow up.

The modern world has invented a thousand ways to attempt to escape pain...and now changing your gender has been added to the list. But the effect is to keep people in a state of psychological infancy.

Moreover, it's not working...have you noticed? Rage, alienation, depression, suicide...all growing by leaps and bounds. Have you seen the friggin' statistics?

But your side, which has created this disaster and will one day answer for it, only knows one way: double down. How many lives have to be ruined before y'all open your eyes?

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010

I believe they can get "our love and support" without them ruining women's sports or overloading our children with a subject that, as you even admit, is difficult for adults. How's that?

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
This is ingrained in a brain.
Lots of things are ingrained into various individual brains that are not beneficial to society. Such as a bad temper, an inability to be on time, an addiction to games, lack of empathy and on and on.... I have no problem with leaving these trans people alone, but I have a huge problem with them encouraging young kids to change their (gender/sex) biologically before they are 21. (In my case, I would state that in many cases, biological changes can't be paid for insurance or the govt until age 25)

However, for the whole society to change its social construct because of this very small number of people is crazy. For instance, the Biden administration calling mothers birth people. Everyone has individualized traits that are not encouraged or favored by the general society (maybe someone really likes bright purple clothes or tatoos on his face) Those with the unusual traits have to adjust to society in most instances, not have society adjust to us for our peculiarities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hotshoe

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
Like it is right wingers who come up with names like "birth people" for mothers or support not identifying boy and girl babies by their male or female sexual organs. Or, right wingers put warnings on the US Constitution in the National Archives. The Left is full of self-righteous idiots who are looking for ways to impose their uninformed self-righteousness on others.

Jason1743

Jan 23, 2006
Like it is right wingers who come up with names like "birth people" for mothers or support not identifying boy and girl babies by their male or female sexual organs. Or, right wingers put warnings on the US Constitution in the National Archives. The Left is full of self-righteous idiots who are looking for ways to impose their uninformed self-righteousness on others.
Okay. What do right wingers do?
The ends justifies the means. They don’t care about the rule of law or justice or the constitution, just power. They aren’t FOR anything, they are just AGAINST things. Their public policies are culture wars. Voter disenfranchisement and gerrymandering are platform staples. It is truly amazing how many can fit up Trump’s ass (it’s big, but not that big).

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
They demand the public not only accept them but give them extra special treatment. They shouldn't be celebrated for their weirdness.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Exactly

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
Okay. What do right wingers do?
The ends justifies the means. They don’t care about the rule of law or justice or the constitution, just power. They aren’t FOR anything, they are just AGAINST things. Their public policies are culture wars. Voter disenfranchisement and gerrymandering are platform staples. It is truly amazing how many can fit up Trump’s ass (it’s big, but not that big).

Through a conservative lens, every last word in the post above is backwards.

It is amazing to me the blindness. No ability for introspection.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I have a good buddy who's gay and we've discussed various issues in the community . First thing he said was his conservative or libertarian friends were a lot more tolerant of his sexual preference than gay friends were of his politics .
He's not a fan of the over top flaming behavior, he said many on the community are attention whores and regular whores. Promiscuity is common monogamy is almost non existent even in committed relationships .
As for Trans people, attention whores with a lot more issues than I identify as the opposite sex. He's also said it's more about you most cater to them and celebrate them as opposed to accept them.
Tolerance means agree, acceptance means love and adore. To me tolerance means I put up with and acceptance means it is what it is, I don't love it or adore it.

Jason1743

Jan 23, 2006
Through a conservative lens, every last word in the post above is backwards.

It is amazing to me the blindness. No ability for introspection.
Really? Let's use Jan 6 for starters. On Jan 7 Mitch McConnel and Kevin McCarthy forcefully criticized Jan 6 and Donald Trump. Now Jan 6 is no big deal, just a bunch of tourists walking through the Capitol. how about voter fraud? Dozens of claims about rampant Democratic voter fraud. Not a single claim proven in a court of law. In fact all the "proven" claims were of Republicans voting for Trump. Trump is on tape asking the Secretary of State of Georgia to commit voter fraud.
Let's have some Republican introspection.

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
Really? Let's use Jan 6 for starters. On Jan 7 Mitch McConnel and Kevin McCarthy forcefully criticized Jan 6 and Donald Trump. Now Jan 6 is no big deal, just a bunch of tourists walking through the Capitol. how about voter fraud? Dozens of claims about rampant Democratic voter fraud. Not a single claim proven in a court of law. In fact all the "proven" claims were of Republicans voting for Trump. Trump is on tape asking the Secretary of State of Georgia to commit voter fraud.
Let's have some Republican introspection.

Diversionary post above, as usual. You live in a leftist echo chamber that refuses to see the catastrophic damage being done by your own puppeteers.

Nothing you've cited comes close to the mess being created at the border and within our cities. Trump is irrelevant, yet you want to make him relevant. So is his band of loyalists, yet you want to elevate them to some kind of terrorist group with weapons of mass destruction.

We see through your diversionary game. Just stop already. It isn't working.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I have a good buddy who's gay and we've discussed various issues in the community . First thing he said was his conservative or libertarian friends were a lot more tolerant of his sexual preference than gay friends were of his politics .
He's not a fan of the over top flaming behavior, he said many on the community are attention whores and regular whores. Promiscuity is common monogamy is almost non existent even in committed relationships .
As for Trans people, attention whores with a lot more issues than I identify as the opposite sex. He's also said it's more about you most cater to them and celebrate them as opposed to accept them.
Tolerance means agree, acceptance means love and adore. To me tolerance means I put up with and acceptance means it is what it is, I don't love it or adore it.
I already gave proof of this with Saul Alinsky. Ends justifies the means is pure Alinsky and libs.
Yep , it's why I debate very few of them and just mock them. There's no reason to try to be Perdue with them .

Reactions: Ski and Hotshoe

Jason1743

Jan 23, 2006
Diversionary post above, as usual. You live in a leftist echo chamber that refuses to see the catastrophic damage being done by your own puppeteers.

Nothing you've cited comes close to the mess being created at the border and within our cities. Trump is irrelevant, yet you want to make him relevant. So is his band of loyalists, yet you want to elevate them to some kind of terrorist group with weapons of mass destruction.

We see through your diversionary game. Just stop already. It isn't working.
Pot calling the kettle black. Stealing or attempting to steal a Presidential election is serious stuff. Trump enjoyed watching the Jan 6 riot on TV and for hours ignored requests that he stop the violence. The President takes an oath to uphold and protect the Constitution of the United States. Not Trump. The only person or thing Trump cares about is himself.
Is the border bad, are there problems in the cities? Yes. Separate issue.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Gimme a break, Jason.

He isn't smarter than that. He's should be too intelligent to fall for this. Smarts aren't the same things as intelligence.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Pot calling the kettle black. Stealing or attempting to steal a Presidential election is serious stuff. Trump enjoyed watching the Jan 6 riot on TV and for hours ignored requests that he stop the violence. The President takes an oath to uphold and protect the Constitution of the United States. Not Trump. The only person or thing Trump cares about is himself.
Is the border bad, are there problems in the cities? Yes. Separate issue.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
  • Haha
Reactions: Hotshoe