ADVERTISEMENT

Mat-Town Open II and a Bunch of Other Stuff About Beer, Kerk and Other Wrestling Stuff!

Just for the record if that happens Cael will be immortalized in wrestling lore for infinitely. Positively lol

Absolutely!! With all of the injuries there should be no way. Losing a defending national champion, the 4th ranked 157, and an AA at 197 and still somehow pulling it out would be one for the ages!

Absolutely!! With all of the injuries there should be no way. Losing a defending national champion, the 4th ranked 157, and an AA at 197 and still somehow pulling it out would be one for the ages!
Speaks to the enormous amount of talent on the team that Cael and staff has built up over the years. Next man up mentality. It says a lot when a down year is #2 or a squeaker of championship. We’re spoiled. Next years team will be just as good with so much young talent still coming in.

sure. Amuse me. And, if it has to do with anything with the similar name sounding beer, then you'll have to copy the entire jingle for us!

Yep, you guessed it. How about the following:
il_794xN.2186929618_6up1.jpg

Way better than a certain other circle that we love to hate. ;)

Yep, you guessed it. How about the following:
il_794xN.2186929618_6up1.jpg

Way better than a certain other circle that we love to hate. ;)
made me chuckle! I may have been too young when the jingle first came out, but was at a gathering and some guys from Philly (well, Cherry Hill) were able to sing all 3 or 4 versus. I was impressed. Unfortunately, my last name was changed (spelling, not enunciation) either by poor immigrant spelling or to disassociate themselves from this 'beer'...

If Warner makes the final, I will give up my current account and start posting as Skiov from now on.
Well he is probably going into nationals as the 3 and could easily see him beating the West Virginia kid. Don’t see him losing to Nebraska kid again at Bigs. He has been wrestling pretty good lately.

not if they have 6 in the finals too. Lee, Desanto, Lugo, Marinelli, Kemerer and Warner. They are loaded.
Desanto and Warner are not making the final. You will have 4 on Saturday night on the mat and you're not winning 165 or 174. 2 champions should do it though simply because you won't need many points to clinch come finals night... We need to be a perfect 5 for 5 and will probably need bonus out of 3 of those. Too tall an order but we will see.

Reactions: ccdiver
Desanto and Warner are not making the final. You will have 4 on Saturday night on the mat and you're not winning 165 or 174. 2 champions should do it though simply because you won't need many points to clinch come finals night... We need to be a perfect 5 for 5 and will probably need bonus out of 3 of those. Too tall an order but we will see.
And we would most likely need significant points from either 197 or 285 or combination of both.

What if none of their wrestlers make the finals. Crazier things have happened. Just saying. I'm with the line of thinking that some crazy stuff is going to happen all around and it will come down to Saturday night. Hopefully the last match between cenzo and marrineli

Reactions: nitlion6
I think Cenzo barring a stupid seeding makes the finals easily
Of course Marky has a 83% chance
Lee is almost a lock
Brooks has a fighters chance...50%??
RBY has shown he is good enough but weight is stacked... 40% chance?

Lee is a lock unless he gets Glory in semis and things go bad
Marinelli is a wild card, although you gotta think he makes it finally
Kem looked great against Marky, assuming Marky wins at B10, they will be opposite and meet in finals.

I just dont see any other Hawks in finals, but I do think they will have a sizable lead after Saturday morning session, hopefully it is surmountable Saturday night.

Reactions: diggerpup
What if none of their wrestlers make the finals. Crazier things have happened. Just saying. I'm with the line of thinking that some crazy stuff is going to happen all around and it will come down to Saturday night. Hopefully the last match between cenzo and marrineli
In my mind the only for sure Iowa finalist is S.Lee, and Kemerer is a pretty good bet also, I dont think Marrineli will make the finals again this year, not that he is not good enough, he just has a style that wears his body out over a 3 day tourny--and 165 is a meat grinder! I feel that the rest of the Iowa team could very well under perform to their rank. Which will open the door for PSU, if PSU guys out perform their rank.---should be a fun 3 days!

In my mind the only for sure Iowa finalist is S.Lee, and Kemerer is a pretty good bet also, I dont think Marrineli will make the finals again this year, not that he is not good enough, he just has a style that wears his body out over a 3 day tourny--and 165 is a meat grinder! I feel that the rest of the Iowa team could very well under perform to their rank. Which will open the door for PSU, if PSU guys out perform their rank.---should be a fun 3 days!

shhhhhhh .... Don’t say that too loud.
JMadden from HR will be over here, trying to make bets w you.

165 isn't quite the meat grinder that it was last year. Lewis and Massa are taking Olympic shirts. Marsteller graduated. I haven't seen Griffith wrestle this year, but I don't see Wick, White, et al. beating Marinelli. I'd be surprised if he's not a finalist.

Shane Griffin is a tough kid out of NJ. Robbie howard predicted him to AA this year during a PSU home match.

165 isn't quite the meat grinder that it was last year. Lewis and Massa are taking Olympic shirts. Marsteller graduated. I haven't seen Griffith wrestle this year, but I don't see Wick, White, et al. beating Marinelli. I'd be surprised if he's not a finalist.

I think Cenzo barring a stupid seeding makes the finals easily
Of course Marky has a 83% chance
Lee is almost a lock
Brooks has a fighters chance...50%??
RBY has shown he is good enough but weight is stacked... 40% chance?

Lee is a lock unless he gets Glory in semis and things go bad
Marinelli is a wild card, although you gotta think he makes it finally
Kem looked great against Marky, assuming Marky wins at B10, they will be opposite and meet in finals.

I just dont see any other Hawks in finals, but I do think they will have a sizable lead after Saturday morning session, hopefully it is surmountable Saturday night.

I think it is important that Nick beats Pletcher again at B1Gs. I’d rather Pletcher and Real Woods meet each other in the semi’s.

If anyone has the individual scoring info for Kerk vs Hoffman and the scoring prior to the pins in his other two matches, please share. I have the final scores and pin times but not the individual scoring (takedowns, escapes, etc). Floarena is also missing the individual scoring.

Reactions: diggerpup
Not sure if that's on wrestlestat or not..
If anyone has the individual scoring info for Kerk vs Hoffman and the scoring prior to the pins in his other two matches, please share. I have the final scores and pin times but not the individual scoring (takedowns, escapes, etc). Floarena is also missing the individual scoring.

I think if you jot down a bunch of random TDs & NFs, you’d get fairly close to being 83% accurate.

Valley Forge, Reading Premium, Rheingold, Ortliebs, Knickerbocker, Tiger Head, Bock ... I remember my dad and his buddies emptying a few of those over the years, but I think they were all mostly out of business by the time I started looking for bargain beers of my own in the 1980s.

According to Kevin Dresser, the title of this thread needs to be changed to “The not quite but almost last chance open.”

Agree on the Straub

I have a friend originally from St Mary......told me that Straub was an excellent beer. I was at a bar that had a bottle ...so I tried it. You could smell it before you lifted the bottle. Tasted only a bit better than it smelled. The next time I saw him he explained that Straub was all-natural...Zero preservatives....so it gets skunky pretty quickly. Told me to go to the brewery and get some fresh drafts. So...next time on the way to Niagara Falls I did. Completely different. So that could explain the various opinions on Straub :)

Well he is probably going into nationals as the 3 and could easily see him beating the West Virginia kid. Don’t see him losing to Nebraska kid again at Bigs. He has been wrestling pretty good lately.
He's not beating Noah Adams. Not easily anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT