ADVERTISEMENT

Mat-Town Open II and a Bunch of Other Stuff About Beer, Kerk and Other Wrestling Stuff!

Strohs, Genesee and Straub. A buddy was from St. Mary's so when we partied at his place our fate was sealed. For some reason St. Paulie Girl became a thing for a while.

I have been following this PSU wrestling forum for 5 years waiting for just the right time to make my first post, and now is that time. Cheap beer is bringing me out of my shell again, just like it did all those times in college. Meister Brau was my poison in the mid to late 80's. A case of tall boys/pounders for $6.50, how could you refuse. After all, it "tastes as good as Budweiser at a better price."

Last edited:
Keep in mind, Schaefer put a big brewery up just outside of Allentown in the late 70s. Distributers could buy direct from Brewery.
Our go to six pack, when we were in high school was Gennessee Cream Ale.
In college, the cheap Keg parties, it was Iron City. Not saying I want to buy some, but is IC still available?
Same here for the Genny Cream. In high school, I lived in PA about 45 minutes from the New York state line, and at the time the drinking age in NYS was 18. So numerous "border runs", often for cases of Genny Cream. Strohs was also perfectly acceptable.

In college at PSU, Rolling Rock became the normal go-to choice, though we weren't picky. Busch or Shlitz would do if necessary. Never drank Mickey's big-mouths much, though I remember them.

Rolling Rock was always cheap at PSU, but a couple years after I graduated it began to be marketed as a semi-premium beer, which I still find amusing to this day.

There's an embarrassing story behind the time my lil' bro and I made the trip to State College for B1Gs in '09 and split a couple cases of Schaefer (and Piels) . . . I'm not going to tell it, but let's just say that it was my last case of Schaefer.
We always thought that Piels was misspelled. It should be Piles.

An ol' fav I haven't seen mentioned: Meister Brau. Because we liked to say/yell "Meistah Broww!!!"

IIRC Meister Brau was the first ever light beer, maybe it became Miller Lite? Pretty sure there was a brewery for Meister Brau here in Chicago

Reactions: slushhead
Kerk wins 21-9
giphy.gif

So Cleary beats Kinner and then Kinner loses again and doesn’t place! Does seal the 157 spot for Cleary going forward?
Also, what the hell has happened to Hoffman?! I know he has been bumping around weight wise. 184 was probably too big of a cut, he can’t beat Moore at 197, and he is small for heavy but man has he regressed. 21-9 is a beat down and then he lost again and didn’t place. Now that Kerk is at PSU I would think that Singletary will stay at heavy next year instead of cutting to 197 but if he does still come down Hoffman wouldn’t have a spot again. Maybe he needs a change of scenery because his time at tOSU has not been good.
Kerk on the other hand is a beast. I’ve said for a long time that I thought he would have a better college career than Steveson and I still believe that. If he redshirts this year I think he can win 4 titles. If the rumor is true and he will only stay in college 4 years no matter what than I say he needs to be in the lineup this year. I see him top 4 for sure with an outside chance to win the whole thing. I feel like he beats Big Cass with his superior athleticism. I also think he beats Steveson right now but that Parris would have his number. Parris is his equal in athleticism but is much bigger it seems. I think with PSU’s staff though getting a match with Parris at Big 10’s would be key. After seeing how they match up I think the staff could put together a game plan that could turn the tables for Kerk at the National tournament. I know it’s a huge long shot but think if he burns the shirt and PSU puts 6 in the finals! RBY, Nick Lee, Cenzo, Mark Hall, AB, and Kerkvliet. 6 in the finals beats 10 AA’s doesn’t it??

So Cleary beats Kinner and then Kinner loses again and doesn’t place! Does seal the 157 spot for Cleary going forward?
Also, what the hell has happened to Hoffman?! I know he has been bumping around weight wise. 184 was probably too big of a cut, he can’t beat Moore at 197, and he is small for heavy but man has he regressed. 21-9 is a beat down and then he lost again and didn’t place. Now that Kerk is at PSU I would think that Singletary will stay at heavy next year instead of cutting to 197 but if he does still come down Hoffman wouldn’t have a spot again. Maybe he needs a change of scenery because his time at tOSU has not been good.
Kerk on the other hand is a beast. I’ve said for a long time that I thought he would have a better college career than Steveson and I still believe that. If he redshirts this year I think he can win 4 titles. If the rumor is true and he will only stay in college 4 years no matter what than I say he needs to be in the lineup this year. I see him top 4 for sure with an outside chance to win the whole thing. I feel like he beats Big Cass with his superior athleticism. I also think he beats Steveson right now but that Parris would have his number. Parris is his equal in athleticism but is much bigger it seems. I think with PSU’s staff though getting a match with Parris at Big 10’s would be key. After seeing how they match up I think the staff could put together a game plan that could turn the tables for Kerk at the National tournament. I know it’s a huge long shot but think if he burns the shirt and PSU puts 6 in the finals! RBY, Nick Lee, Cenzo, Mark Hall, AB, and Kerkvliet. 6 in the finals beats 10 AA’s doesn’t it??
I like what your doing.......oh hell just give me what your smoking and let's do this shit. I'm all in lmfao

Reactions: PerryLion1997
ADVERTISEMENT