ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Mat Town II Entrants

I can’t wait to watch Facundo again. It seems like people are down on him but I still see him as a 4 time AA multiple time champ. He’s that good and this redshirt year is huge for him. Probably getting beat on daily by Carter and now Berge. He’s going to be a force next year

FR Brian Borden also listed at 165

Crap, not sure what to make of that. I've got nothing against Borden, but obviously if healthy, Berge needs to go and if he's not healthy, well, crap.....

Crap, not sure what to make of that. I've got nothing against Borden, but obviously if healthy, Berge needs to go and if he's not healthy, well, crap.....
You do realize this thread is for an open tournament tomorrow and Berge is in Iowa for tonight’s match?

125 - Steen
133 - Vespa
141 - Evans, Wang
149 - Heard
157 - Dunbar (no Gardner)
165 - Facundo
174 - Kelly
184 - Cochran
197 - Hoopes, Higgins

Reactions: danoftw
Anyone know what happened to Jimmy Hoffman? 2 years ago he had a pretty good record dnd beat some really good wrestlers including Verkleeren. Last year his record wasn’t quite as good but he qualified for the national tournament. This year going into this tournament he is 0-5. Losses to pretty decent kids but still and now in this tourney he lost to PSU’s Dunbar 5-1. Again not a bad loss but a match on paper he should win. Just not the usual career arc that you see.

Borden*.

Did something start clicking with Facundo or was the competition just not great? His scores suggest he was unusually offensive.

Reactions: kevin310
Borden*.

Did something start clicking with Facundo or was the competition just not great? His scores suggest he was unusually offensive.
Competition was weak -- he beat in order: a sub-.500 Pitt backup, a Millersville kid, a Drexel FR who lost 14-7 to Matt Lee, and PSU teammate Borden.

Good that he racked up bonus, though that should be expected against that slate (maybe except Borden's room familiarity). We didn't learn anything about him today.

Competition was weak -- he beat in order: a sub-.500 Pitt backup, a Millersville kid, a Drexel FR who lost 14-7 to Matt Lee, and PSU teammate Borden.

Good that he racked up bonus, though that should be expected against that slate (maybe except Borden's room familiarity). We didn't learn anything about him today.
Where do you think he falls next year. Will he make any noise or does he need another year in the room

Where do you think he falls next year. Will he make any noise or does he need another year in the room

He'll start and be in the R12 to low AA range. Defense will be outstanding. Potential to finish a little higher if he can find more offense consistently, but not much margin for error if he doesn't.

165 will be a meat grinder again next year. Assuming no weight changes: O'Toole, Griffith, Kharchla, Wittlake, Hamiti, Ramirez, Hall, Amine all return. Plus Kennedy if he doesn't succeed Kemerer at 174. He would probably finish below those first 5 guys, after that depends on his match-to-match consistency.

Cam Amine is, realistically, a R12 guy.

He’s the Punia of college wrestling; he caught a sweet draw that included Alex Marinelli MFORing to put him into the AA matches. He then took 7th with another MFOR.

If Alex stays in town for the summer, I expect him to be beating Cam Amine level guys. I’m not blaming anyone, but I wonder if the Olympic focus (Casey, with DT) this past summer/early fall might have delayed Facundo’s development a bit.

Facundo will be right there, will get stronger and be able to start working on his offense, same goes for Howard and van ness, the big ten is hard on true freshman because there not man strong yet.

ADVERTISEMENT