ADVERTISEMENT

Massacre of OSU Defensive Assistant Coaches Occurred today -- Many firings

Great strategy hiring a top Cincinnati defensive coach. OSU starts the season against ND.

I thought he threw in the towel under O'Brien when Butthead was named DC, but I think you're right. I would have liked to have seen one of Joe's assistants get their turn at leading the team....would think even those who were lukewarm about Joe and the opposite with BOB or Franklin would admit it would have been reasonable to easy to match the overall performance of this team since Joe left...except maybe 1 or 2, complaining about and spending on facilities...not sure if that's one or two.
On the positive, I don't mind Buckeyes having upheaval on the defensive side and an offensive-minded coach with a short leash...it always surprises me how a coach who is well thought of with regards to one side of the ball seems to be very limited or clueless on the other side...here's to hoping Day is one such coach. Over the years, OSU has 'surprised' us with the improvement of defensive players between their first game and ours....remember when Gamble got moved to DB from WR. bulked up a bit, and ate our WRs alive on screens...we'll see, may make future games with them a little more interesting.
I was in the Shoe when he had at least 2 picks on us in 2002. Winnable game...Anwar Phillips for us recovered a fumble and couldn't take it to the house. If I recall Gamble may have had a puxk 6 off of Zack. Great experience but wrong side of score. I think. LJ Jr. was our TB

ADVERTISEMENT