ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Maryland transfer edge Demeioun Robinson commits to PSU

When good things happen, seems like they are greeted with silence around here?
Nothing gets the NNNNNCAC rolling like a chance to take a smack at CJF.....

Reactions: blmr31
When good things happen, seems like they are greeted with silence around here?
Nothing gets the NNNNNCAC rolling like a chance to take a smack at CJF.....
tumblr_mvhbcfRXcP1smo3b6o1_500.gif

How's this instead?!!!

Franklin and the staff have been very selective in the portal this year and have gotten top players who fill obvious needs. I would like to see another Olineman and a LBer. There's still plenty of time.

Reactions: blmr31
Franklin and the staff have been very selective in the portal this year and have gotten top players who fill obvious needs. I would like to see another Olineman and a LBer. There's still plenty of time.
should be another wave of portal available after teams wrap spring practices

Reactions: bison13
Sounds like an excellent addition. However, I thought our talent and depth at DE was pretty good. To me, LB is our biggest need. Sutherland being the frontrunner to start at OLB is a bit of a red flag.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
Agreed but that door swings both ways. We'll have some kids leave as well.
My thoughts on the portal (regarding PSU) is that we haven't lost a starter or difference maker....but we've gained starters. I know some will cry forever about Levis, but while the NNNNNCAC insists he should have started, the real staff didn't agree.
Players who might have provided "depth" may look for greener pastures. Kids no longer aspire to be "depth."
Franklin seems to target portal players that fill an immediate need. I think we lose 3,4,5 guys at least after spring ball. Perhaps a RB, a WR or DB. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth here... oh well....

Sounds like an excellent addition. However, I thought our talent and depth at DE was pretty good. To me, LB is our biggest need. Sutherland being the frontrunner to start at OLB is a bit of a red flag.
The "linebacker" position has probably changed more in the past decade than any other position on defense. I think we are seeing for want of a better term "hybrid" guys that are more DB than LB. The staff didn't have an obligation to bring Sutherland back. I think they may see something that we don't.

No surprise that maryland fans are actively wishing a career ending injury on the kid

Maybe he will let us know. Apparently PSU recruited him hard out of high school. Maybe he just had second thoughts.
Sounds like Robinson never wanted to venture far away from the state of Maryland during his initial recruitment, and he ultimately listened to Locksley's played out "Stay in the DMV" and lots of negative recruiting about Penn State. After one semester, Robinson clearly had enough in College Park and transferred out.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
Sounds like Robinson never wanted to venture far away from the state of Maryland during his initial recruitment, and he ultimately listened to Locksley's played out "Stay in the DMV" and lots of negative recruiting about Penn State. After one semester, Robinson clearly had enough in College Park and transferred out.
Sounds a lot like "if you can't beat them join them"

ADVERTISEMENT