Markets breaking...situation unraveling...Russia sanctions policy now revealed: load gun, aim at foot, shoot

Jerry

May 29, 2001
It may look like things are coming off the rails today, citizens. Yet another 20-cent per gallon increase in gasoline prices. The Dow dropping another 800 points.

However, have no doubt: all this is in the plan.

We're teaching the evil Putin and his partner in crime, the Bad Orange Stooge, a lesson they'll never forget. Never. Not for a million years.

Trust us. We've never lied to you. Except when it was for your own good.

Meanwhile, here provided for your instruction, is another sample of the anti-American treachery we have to deal with at the Department of Patriotism:

Reactions: WeR0206

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
It may look like things are coming off the rails today, citizens. Yet another 20-cent per gallon increase in gasoline prices. The Dow dropping another 800 points.

We're teaching the evil Putin and his partner in crime, the Bad Orange Stooge, a lesson they'll never forget. Never. Not for a million years.

Meanwhile, here provided for your instruction, is another sample of the anti-American treachery we have to deal with at the Department of Patriotism:

This is all about enabling the Fed to keep a zero rate policy.

Zero rate policy is what keeps the wealthy, wealthy and the poor poor.

LdN

Reactions: Jerry

fairfaxlion2

Oct 12, 2014

While I do think we are in the early stages of a huge drop, similar to 2008, it would be nice to source it from somewhere else. That site has written that the market is about to break around 1,000 times in the last 10 years.

Reactions: NJPSU

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
Why does it keep the poor poor?

What rate do poor people borrow at?
It creates a larger opportunity cost.

5% vs 25%

Or

0.25% vs 20.25%

Same spread but considerably different compounded returns.

And this is in the context of rates. Not other topics such as work, education, etc.

LdN

bdgan

May 29, 2008
What rate do poor people borrow at?
It creates a larger opportunity cost.

5% vs 25%

Or

0.25% vs 20.25%

Same spread but considerably different compounded returns.

And this is in the context of rates. Not other topics such as work, education, etc.

LdN
I think it's a bit extreme to say opportunity cost.

I'm not sure how to define poor. Low interest rates make it easier to buy a car or house unless prices for those things also rise. People can save money by refinancing existing debt. These things help low/mid income folks but probably not extremely poor people.

Jerry

May 29, 2001
While I do think we are in the early stages of a huge drop, similar to 2008, it would be nice to source it from somewhere else. That site has written that the market is about to break around 1,000 times in the last 10 years.

Granted, doomsday is ZH's shtick. However, on occasion they're closer to right than wrong. This may be one of those times.

Our rulers have constructed their financial and banking policy on the premise that 2+2=5...and everything that stays up can be made to stay up with sufficient huffing, puffing, and sleight of hand. But sooner or later the bill must come due.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001

Is this part of the Great Reset?

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
.and that site has been said to have ties to Russians propaganda. So fitting that Jerry would link it given the topic he was discussing.

fairfaxlion2

Oct 12, 2014
Granted, doomsday is ZH's shtick. However, on occasion they're closer to right than wrong. This may be one of those times.

Our rulers have constructed their financial and banking policy on the premise that 2+2=5...and everything that stays up can be made to stay up with sufficient huffing, puffing, and sleight of hand. But sooner or later the bill must come due.

Yes, they are right on occasion. Because they predict the exact same thing at least once every single week.

Here's a chart showing the T-bill rate going up by 0.00005 bps. Let's zoom in the scale so it looks massive and add a huge bold arrow. now write an article around it, saying that wall street is on the edge. Years of loose monetary policy are coming home to roost. This is it.

They do it like clockwork at the beginning of every week. Every week.

Steve G

May 29, 2001
The reality is this, many millions of Americans cannot afford $4/gal gas. Not that anyone in power gives a sh&t.
why are the big oil companies price gouging like that? I have watched prices jump by 20c in each of the past 23 days here. Why? has the supply shrunk that much? Our demand rose that much? Or are the big oil companies price gouging on the back of people fears and hysteric news about oil shortages? Price gouging like they have in every other energy crisis and disruption this country has experienced in the past, or perceived crisis or disruption.

fairfaxlion2

Oct 12, 2014
why are the big oil companies price gouging like that? I have watched prices jump by 20c in each of the past 23 days here. Why? has the supply shrunk that much? Our demand rose that much? Or are the big oil companies price gouging on the back of people fears and hysteric news about oil shortages? Price gouging like they have in every other energy crisis and disruption this country has experienced in the past, or perceived crisis or disruption.
the futures show an expectation of oil prices dropping 20% before the end of the year. probably the expectation that more supply will come online in response to high prices, which is what happens. Or I guess they are expecting the 'price gouging' will get reined in

GregInPitt

May 29, 2001
This is all about enabling the Fed to keep a zero rate policy.

Zero rate policy is what keeps the wealthy, wealthy and the poor poor.

LdN
Zero rate policy is what keeps the U.S. government, the biggest borrower in the world, in tact. With $30+ trillion in debt, the increased interest payments for every point of increased rates will be staggering. And it will take MANY increased points of rates to end the inflation that the drunken sailor type recent government spending has created. The pain is just beginning.

Inflation is the cruelest tax on the poor and the elderly. And it's all from those that say that they are all about helping the poor and elderly.

fairfaxlion2

Oct 12, 2014
Zero rate policy is what keeps the U.S. government, the biggest borrower in the world, in tact. With $30+ trillion in debt, the increased interest payments for every point of increased rates will be staggering. And it will take MANY increased points of rates to end the inflation that the drunken sailor type recent government spending has created. The pain is just beginning.

Inflation is the cruelest tax on the poor and the elderly. And it's all from those that say that they are all about helping the poor and elderly.

unless there is a race to the dollar in response to current events

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
The reality is this, many millions of Americans cannot afford $4/gal gas. Not that anyone in power gives a sh&t.

Those are the people driving around 6 ton suvs that get 12 mpg? It's amazing to me how people just refuse to learn history.

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
Those are the people driving around 6 ton suvs that get 12 mpg? It's amazing to me how people just refuse to learn history.
Do you realize how ignorant you sound? 6 ton suv's? Do you realize, there's a whole big world out there from folks like me to plumbers and farmers that serve sorry ignorant folks like you. Pay attention Skippy. The world doesn't revolve around Tesla's. Your costs are going up, way up.

Your comment showed exactly how you people think. The ignorance is beyond belief.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
Do you realize how ignorant you sound? 6 ton suv's? Do you realize, there's a whole big world out there from folks like me to plumbers and farmers that serve sorry ignorant folks like you. Pay attention Skippy. The world doesn't revolve around Tesla's. Your costs are going up, way up.

Your comment showed exactly how you people think. The ignorance is beyond belief.
There is a tendency among liberals to pretend that, no matter how bad it gets, that their world is unaffected.

It is an amazing thing.

"Yes, I saw that the dollar collapsed yesterday, but I had all my money in the Yuan, so I'm not impacted"

It is part of avoiding cognitive dissonance. They're world class experts at that. Every event can be fit nicely into their worldview.

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
There is a tendency among liberals to pretend that, no matter how bad it gets, that their world is unaffected.

It is an amazing thing.

"Yes, I saw that the dollar collapsed yesterday, but I had all my money in the Yuan, so I'm not impacted"

It is part of avoiding cognitive dissonance. They're world class experts at that. Every event can be fit nicely into their worldview.
They are ignorant, bubble dolts. You can tell they've never gotten their hands dirty a day in their life. Well, unless you count Summer camp. True Beta males.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
They are ignorant, bubble dolts. You can tell they've never gotten their hands dirty a day in their life. Well, unless you count Summer camp. True Beta males.
Well I spent my day cleaning these up from the yard and getting my garden ready. My hands got dirty.

Gum+Balls.jpg

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
Well I spent my day cleaning these up from the yard and getting my garden ready. My hands got dirty.

Gum+Balls.jpg
Jesus, my female clients have tougher skin. Haaaaa wtf would you clean those up.

Reactions: Sullivan

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Yes, they are right on occasion. Because they predict the exact same thing at least once every single week.

Here's a chart showing the T-bill rate going up by 0.00005 bps. Let's zoom in the scale so it looks massive and add a huge bold arrow. now write an article around it, saying that wall street is on the edge. Years of loose monetary policy are coming home to roost. This is it.

They do it like clockwork at the beginning of every week. Every week.

Honestly, I'm a lot more worried about the total insanity of our rulers and the consequences of their insanity, which we are seeing in the headlines today, and the propaganda organs whose lies are propping all this up than about ZH's clockwork scare talk.

Reactions: WeR0206

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011

Do you realize, there's a whole big world out there from folks like me to plumbers and farmers that serve sorry ignorant folks like you.

I see tons of these vehicles on the road with empty beds and a single driver.

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
Do you realize, there's a whole big world out there from folks like me to plumbers and farmers that serve sorry ignorant folks like you.

I see tons of these vehicles on the road with empty beds and a single driver.
You should have them arrested. Meanwhile, folks like you tell others what guns they can own. When does it stop? Or do we all just run our freedoms by you first? Should all my clothing be from recycled materials as well? What are women going to do with all their polyester clothes? Or will you attack them as well? Can I eat beef? Pork? Chicken? And must it be free range. I mean, I want to make sure you're happy. You are the government.

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
You should have them arrested. Meanwhile, folks like you tell others what guns they can own. When does it stop? Or do we all just run our freedoms by you first? Should all my clothing be from recycled materials as well? What are women going to do with all their polyester clothes? Or will you attack them as well? Can I eat beef? Pork? Chicken? And must it be free range. I mean, I want to make sure you're happy. You are the government.

Suck it up buttercup. You can cry about high gas prices all day or you can do something about it.