ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Hall 2024 Olympics?

Mdens69d

Jun 15, 2017
Guys I have a question to ask here. Please don’t roast me too hard but I am a iowa fan but also a fan of wrestling. I’ve enjoyed watching mark hall over the years. I was just wondering does he have a shot of making the Olympic in ‘24 ? Is his size the main issue that will keep him from making a team? Thanks.

Guys I have a question to ask here. Please don’t roast me too hard but I am a iowa fan but also a fan of wrestling. I’ve enjoyed watching mark hall over the years. I was just wondering does he have a shot of making the Olympic in ‘24 ? Is his size the main issue that will keep him from making a team? Thanks.
He's 5'9", and wrestled 174 in college. 74 kg is 163, 86 kg is 189.6. I think cutting to 163 is too much, and his frame isn't suited for 189.6. I love the kid, but I'm afraid he is a pure tweener.

David Taylor is the main issue that might keep Mark from making a World/Olympic team at 86 kg by 2024.

Size is definitely a factor. He'd be a strong candidate for the non-Olympic 79 kg, but has committed to 86 kg.

Coaching career is an added challenge but doesn't have to be a deal-killer. Burroughs was an assistant at Nebraska. Molinaro left his coaching job and made the Olympics. Coaching or not, Mark will continue to develop as long as he remains Burroughs' preferred training partner at Penn.

David Taylor is the main issue that might keep Mark from making a World/Olympic team at 86 kg by 2024.

Size is definitely a factor. He'd be a strong candidate for the non-Olympic 79 kg, but has committed to 86 kg.

Coaching career is an added challenge but doesn't have to be a deal-killer. Burroughs was an assistant at Nebraska. Molinaro left his coaching job and made the Olympics. Coaching or not, Mark will continue to develop as long as he remains Burroughs' preferred training partner at Penn

Coaching career is an added challenge but doesn't have to be a deal-killer. Burroughs was an assistant at Nebraska. Molinaro left his coaching job and made the Olympics. Coaching or not, Mark will continue to develop as long as he remains Burroughs' preferred training partner at Penn.

I wouldn't put anything past him. He'll grow into the weight and surprise people with his performance, though I personally don't see him beating David at this early point in time. Lot's can happen in 3 years.

When you see that the young man is at three time world champion you would expect to see him at the Olympics one day. Hate to see all these obstacles in his way.

I thought I read something here that his plan is to go mma
I wouldn’t be surprised if he isn’t quite done with Freestyle though. Perhaps if he’s under contract in 3 years, he won’t have a choice though. Fingers crossed.

I’d love to see Nickal stick in Freestyle. Obviously it doesn’t sound like that’s happening. Losing him and Gable absolutely sucks to me lol. DT is no spring chicken. It’s crazy to think Yazdani is four years younger than him. Bo is the only guy that I could see even rival DT at trials and that would be with him focusing 100% of his time on wrestling. I’d love to see him throw Yazdani lol.

Our 86kg is loaded. There are half a dozen guys that could medal. Dammit we need the ten weights. Our team is pretty old. Hope the young guys stay in it.

Seeing Hall as Burrough's training partner in Oslo and the interactions they had my initial reaction was that Hall may be dedicating himself not only to coaching Penn but also as a training partner to Burroughs while he chases history. There has been a big shift in the tone of his interviews as he has gotten older and I wonder if he is content with what he has accomplished and wants to help others be the best versions of themselves.

I’d love to see Nickal stick in Freestyle. Obviously it doesn’t sound like that’s happening. Losing him and Gable absolutely sucks to me lol. DT is no spring chicken. It’s crazy to think Yazdani is four years younger than him. Bo is the only guy that I could see even rival DT at trials and that would be with him focusing 100% of his time on wrestling. I’d love to see him throw Yazdani lol.

Our 86kg is loaded. There are half a dozen guys that could medal. Dammit we need the ten weights. Our team is pretty old. Hope the young guys stay in it.
Where were they when PD111 made world team.

• Haha
Reactions: creamery freak
ADVERTISEMENT