ADVERTISEMENT

Manny Bowen

Andre Robinson? Irv Charles?

Franklin confirmed Charles was kicked out of the program. Robinson has confirmed he is leaving.

The last we heard of Manny Bowen was that he was suspended from the bowl game, for the second straight year. Other than that we haven't heard a peep about him and I don't believe we saw him in the spring game, either.

If I had to guess he never plays another down for PSU again. He is not talked about by CJF in regards to the LB group and CJF has talked extensively about the backers this spring. All the evidence points to them having moved on from him.

Reactions: BBrown
Franklin confirmed Charles was kicked out of the program. Robinson has confirmed he is leaving.

The last we heard of Manny Bowen was that he was suspended from the bowl game, for the second straight year. Other than that we haven't heard a peep about him and I don't believe we saw him in the spring game, either.

If I had to guess he never plays another down for PSU again.
He is not talked about by CJF in regards to the LB group and CJF has talked extensively about the backers this spring. All the evidence points to them having moved on from him.

Agree. I'm hoping Gross-Matos has not fallen into that same hole.
And I'm not convinced that Holland has crawled out of said "hole".
Normally I'm a pretty optimistic guy but there's something that just seems "odd" with Matos and Holland, especially
Matos.

If I had to guess he never plays another down for PSU again. He is not talked about by CJF in regards to the LB group and CJF has talked extensively about the backers this spring. All the evidence points to them having moved on from him.
Didn’t Penn State announce that both Charles and Bowen were removed from the team in the same announcement?

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Agree. I'm hoping Gross-Matos has not fallen into that same hole.
And I'm not convinced that Holland has crawled out of said "hole".
Normally I'm a pretty optimistic guy but there's something that just seems "odd" with Matos and Holland, especially
Matos.
Did I miss something? What happened with Gross Matos?

Reactions: MilesBarkley
Did I miss something? What happened with Gross Matos?

Thats just it no one seems to know and if they know they aren't saying.
But he did not play, participate or was even on the sidelines for the B&W game and there hasn't been a mention
of him in the "practice" reports. Now maybe I missed it but I read the reports from the Den and I listen to the 247 podcast and I've heard nada. Very strange.

Thats just it no one seems to know and if they know they aren't saying.
But he did not play, participate or was even on the sidelines for the B&W game and there hasn't been a mention
of him in the "practice" reports. Now maybe I missed it but I read the reports from the Den and I listen to the 247 podcast and I've heard nada. Very strange.
Actually, Phil said Matos was at last Wedenesday's practice...three days before the B-W game.

Yeah man, please chill with the "Matos must be in trouble because I haven't heard about him" narrative. There hasn't been any news on the kid to suggest he's in trouble. Don't throw him under the bus and start a rumor based on nothing.

No one's throwing anyone under the bus.
But look around the question is being asked on a number of boards.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
I'm hoping Gross-Matos has not fallen into that same hole

As others have said, just because you aren't aware of his status (I have no info either) it shouldn't trigger you to speculate publically. I know this is a message board, but it's not like he missed a game. Maybe he had a family issue, or any number of innocent reasons.

Reactions: cavic
As others have said, just because you aren't aware of his status (I have no info either) it shouldn't trigger you to speculate publically. I know this is a message board, but it's not like he missed a game. Maybe he had a family issue, or any number of innocent reasons.

Like I said its not just me and its not just this board.

I get what what your saying but this is where we come to vent, ask questions, speculate, commiserate... Frankly unless we are part of the staff or a players family EVERYTHING is speculation.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and ELDADDY
No one's throwing anyone under the bus.
But look around the question is being asked on a number of boards.

I have and found nothing. He was listed on the white squad for the BW game as was Bates..... what are your theories on Bates being in trouble. Matos Twitter posts hyped Journey Brown as of the 22nd of April...he re-twitted a Fred Hansard photo post that was funny a day later..... Not seeing anything you are suggesting. Maybe it was just 'a toe'. Yet, I haven't seen that anywhere else either.

I have and found nothing. He was listed on the white squad for the BW game as was Bates..... what are your theories on Bates being in trouble. Matos Twitter posts hyped Journey Brown as of the 22nd of April...he re-twitted a Fred Hansard photo post that was funny a day later..... Not seeing anything you are suggesting. Maybe it was just 'a toe'. Yet, I haven't seen that anywhere else either.

Again I'm not "suggesting" anything.
Hope its just a toe.

I haven't seen/read/heard anything about Matos being missing or being in trouble, other than here. I've looked for it and can't find anything, nor can I find anything about posters even asking about him. I guess I am looking in the wrong place.

I haven't seen/read/heard anything about Matos being missing or being in trouble, other than here. I've looked for it and can't find anything, nor can I find anything about posters even asking about him. I guess I am looking in the wrong place.

Do you post or read the den?
It was asked and kind of answered in a Phil chat but even he wasn't sure.
it was asked to Tim after the B&W game and he was unaware as well.
Maybe its just coincidental.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why would I read the Den of gossip infamy, when I can read what the actual players are tweeting to the world? Given the programs policies on injury reporting to the public and the reporting of family matters of players..... are we going to go through this when every player is absent from a BW game? or a week or two of practice? I'll wait for the wait for the President to tweet real news about PSU football.... (for the humor challenged, that is a joke, I think).

Why would I read the Den of gossip infamy, when I can read what the actual players are tweeting to the world? Given the programs policies on injury reporting to the public and the reporting of family matters of players..... are we going to go through this when every player is absent from a BW game? or a week or two of practice? I'll wait for the wait for the President to tweet real news about PSU football.... (for the humor challenged, that is a joke, I think).

Yea because no one has ever misunderstood a tweet from a player. LMAO.

Yea because no one has ever misunderstood a tweet from a player. LMAO.

Who said that? Some players actually tweet in clear logical understandable statements... unlike the emotional male menopause-ers do here....LMAO... too. Other players tweet stuff I do not understand. I differentiate between the two.

There are even some huckster recruiting analysts that claim they can read the most obtuse of the tweet leaves .... but those kind of leaps simply make no sense to me.

Last edited:
Didn’t Penn State announce that both Charles and Bowen were removed from the team in the same announcement?

I only remember seeing Charles in that announcement. I remember at the time thinking it was strange to hear about Charles but not Bowen.

If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but as far as I remember it was only announced that Charles was not with the program anymore.

Even if we have not heard officially, I think it speaks volumes that CJF has not mentioned him once when talking about the linebackers considering he has talked about having to fill holes there.

I only remember seeing Charles in that announcement. I remember at the time thinking it was strange to hear about Charles but not Bowen.

If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but as far as I remember it was only announced that Charles was not with the program anymore.

Even if we have not heard officially, I think it speaks volumes that CJF has not mentioned him once when talking about the linebackers considering he has talked about having to fill holes there.
Here’s an article from the time - it appears that a PSU spokesperson confirmed that both Charles and Bowen were kicked off.

http://www.centredaily.com/sports/article191719094.html

I forget where I heard/read it but Bowen is hoping to make it back on the team. I feel like I heard it on a podcast. but please do not quote me.

I believe that there is little to no chance that happens. From my understanding he is still enrolled on campus, not sure about Charles.

II
I forget where I heard/read it but Bowen is hoping to make it back on the team. I feel like I heard it on a podcast. but please do not quote me.

I believe that there is little to no chance that happens. From my understanding he is still enrolled on campus, not sure about Charles.
RC

I thought I had read the same, probably here. All the talk with him seemed fairly open ended towards the end of last year. Is it possible he may have been told that he needed to take some time off and do some things to make his way back to the team? Also have to wonder if he may have been told that he won't have a scholarship and would need to pay his way for the last year if he does what he needs to do away from football? Couldn't he also just go to an FCS school and play?

ADVERTISEMENT