ADVERTISEMENT

Major band that you missed that you wish you hadn't

Rage Against the Machine. They were touring again this year for the first time in forever and it got cancelled. I'm crossing my fingers that they tour again next year.
Nightmare all over again. I still think about the 2000 tour. With the Beastie Boys in Pittsburgh. When they cancelled it. I figured that was my only opportunity. I was shocked when they announced 2020 tour. I told the wife if I can go to the Cleveland show. I don’t care how many amazon boxes. Show up by the door in 2020.

Reactions: vops and fkkkjm
Led Zeppelin, but have seen Plant in various permutations 5 times.
Thin Lizzy
CSN&Y
Genesis w Peter Gabriel
The Stooges
Pink Floyd (have seen Gilmore and Waters)
Chicago with Terry Kath
Thin Lizzy I miss wish I could of been to one of their shows. Gary Moore was awesome in Allentown years back. Great band

Joy Division. They never made it to the States and I was way too young at the time they were around, so I’m not sure that qualifies as a “miss”.

Reactions: PSUMoose
Lynyrd Skynyrd. Had tickets for Spectrum show in November 1977 when they had plane crash in October 77. Never interest the following year. Little Feat but Lowell George left and then died.

Any era - zeppelin, they were a little before my time. Bonham died when I was in 7th grade.
My era but missed out- tom petty, REM

Reactions: ftlpsu
For me- Rush. I'm not really a prog rock fan at all- but those guys were such great musicians that I do wish I had caught them live.
The John Coltrane Quartet
Trane on tenor
Tyner on piano
Jimmy Garrison on bass
Elvin Jones on drums

Led Zeppelin - had advanced tickets to see them for their last scheduled tour, but Bonham died.

Black Sabbath - never came to a venue close enough to where I lived in order that I could attend a show.

Reactions: ChandlerPearce
Led Zeppelin. Had tickets to see them at JFK Stadium, August 13 1977. Less than 3 weeks before the last show on their mega tour, Plant's 5 year old son tragically died, and the last 7 concerts were cancelled. Also, Skynyrd. LIke others, I've seen Plant a few times and even Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience.
July 26, 1977
Plant Family Tragedy / Remaining Dates Cancelled
Newswire: LONDON (AP) — The rock group Led Zeppelin has canceled the last 10 concerts of its trouble-plagued U.S. tour following the death of singer Robert Plant's 5-year-old son Karac, speaker for the band said yesterday.

Plant, 29, flew to his farm near Kidderminster in the English midlands Wednesday from New Orleans after his wife Maureen telephoned him with news of the tragedy.

Moira Bellas said Karac was stricken by an unknown illness last week and collapsed Monday. Doctors decided to hospitalize him, but he died before they could do anything.

Plant's father said: "Karac was the apple of Robert's eye. They idolized one another." Plant's other child, 8-year-old Carmen, was not affected by the illness, the spokeswoman reported.

-----------------------------------------------------------

1977 Cancelled Tour Dates:

July 30, 1977 - Superdome, New Orleans (cancelled)
August 2, 1977 - Stadium, Chicago (cancelled)
August 3, 1977 - Stadium, Chicago (cancelled)
August 6, 1977 - Rich Stadium, Buffalo (cancelled)
August 9, 1977 - Arena, Pittsburgh (cancelled)
August 10, 1977 - Arena, Pittsburgh (cancelled)
August 13, 1977 - JFK Stadium, Philadelphia (cancelled)

Last edited:
For me- Rush. I'm not really a prog rock fan at all- but those guys were such great musicians that I do wish I had caught them live.

What the hell is wrong with you? You had plenty of chances I've seen them like ten times.

Led Zeppelin. I would snip my right pinky finger off right now, hand me the rusty pliers. Yesterday was the 43 anniversary of their last show in the US in Oakland.

Nightmare all over again. I still think about the 2000 tour. With the Beastie Boys in Pittsburgh. When they cancelled it. I figured that was my only opportunity. I was shocked when they announced 2020 tour. I told the wife if I can go to the Cleveland show. I don’t care how many amazon boxes. Show up by the door in 2020.

Yep that sucked when they cancelled in 2000 and then quit.

Rage Against the Machine. They were touring again this year for the first time in forever and it got cancelled. I'm crossing my fingers that they tour again next year.

This years tour was basically just pushed out a year, and last I looked there were a ton of tickets available since many just opted for a refund... which is crazy because they initially sold out in minute.

I too had tickets to the 2000 rhyme and reason tour, and of course I had tickets for the little pit in front of all the seats. Fortunately, I've seen RATM twice, and Beastie Boys once. BB were a huge disappointment live, but RATM was amazing (So was audioslave, who I was able to see a few times).

The Eagles Hell Freezes Over tour.
Never saw the Eagles live but is one of my all time favorite bands.
I can listen to them any time any where.

Reactions: lockhavenlion3
The Rolling Stones and The Who. Never saw either band live.
I missed them in their prime but saw The Who about 5-6 years ago and they were still worth seeing. I've never seen The Stones. Had tickets to see them this year but it was cancelled due to COVID. They haven't offered refunds so I'm hopefully it's getting rescheduled.

Reactions: odshowtime
This years tour was basically just pushed out a year, and last I looked there were a ton of tickets available since many just opted for a refund... which is crazy because they initially sold out in minute.

I too had tickets to the 2000 rhyme and reason tour, and of course I had tickets for the little pit in front of all the seats. Fortunately, I've seen RATM twice, and Beastie Boys once. BB were a huge disappointment live, but RATM was amazing (So was audioslave, who I was able to see a few times).
I also had plans to see them back in 2000 when they cancelled because one of the Beasties broke an arm skateboarding. I would have been willing to see RATM without them but it didn't happen. I was devastated that they stopped touring afterwards. Rumor was they would have played ACL Fest in my home city this year and I always have tickets to that, but of course that's been cancelled. I can't believe that twice I've been hosed when it comes to seeing them. I hadn't heard they were rebooking for 2021, I'm definitely going if that's the case and I'm holding out hope ACL Fest books them for 2021 so I don't have to travel very far.

ADVERTISEMENT